Has anyone ever done 3 resorts in one trip?

In 2005 we got 3 days at Swan at the Teacher's Rate for the first 3 only had to do the last 3 at Dolphin, same rate with 1 day at AllStar Sports in the middle. It wasn't by choice, the first 3 and last 3 were the only ones available at the good rate so we did it. We sort of felt like we wren't 'there, never completely unpacked, we were like vagabonds. Never again.

Bill From PA

Are we crazy to be thinking of doing 3 resorts in one trip? We originally had Contemporary booked for our entire trip, but had to change our dates a bit and now it's only available the second half of our 12 day stay. We were then looking at Yacht Club for the first half, which is available, but now hubby wants to start at Yacht Club for 4 nights, move to Animal Kingdom for 2 nights, and finish at Contemporary for 5. Thoughts?

I would love to try this on our next trip to be able to experience different resorts.
Let us know how it goes!

I'm doing this in 32 days! It will be my fifth solo trip in the past couple of years and the first Disney split stay. I did a Universal/Disney split stay last January and was originally planning to do it again this May, with 3 nights at Cabana Bay and then 7 at BWI. I've always stayed at Pop before, but it wasn't available this time and I decided to splurge on a Deluxe so that I could walk to my favorite spot in all of Disney: World Showcase.

Anyway, I don't rent a car and don't feel comfortable with Uber, so I was planning on a Mears shuttle from MCO to Cabana Bay and then a cab to BWI. But I was a bit sad at the idea of no DME to start my trip. And then when I was making my fast pass plans, I started thinking that I had too much Universal time and not enough Disney. So I decided to start and end at Disney, with one night at Universal in the middle. I booked the first 2 nights at POFQ (where I've always wanted to stay) and then spent the next few weeks trying to decide what to do with night 3. I went back and forth on whether i really wanted to jump to Universal for only the one night (and honestly, I was getting tired just planning it!) and I ultimately decided to stay at Disney for the whole trip. I thought about calling to see if I could add a night at either FQ or BWI (the site showed no availability at either), but then I decided to just embrace the crazy and book a night at the CR. Whew.

So now it's 2 nights POFQ,1 night CR, then 7 at BWI. All three are new to me, though I've visited them on prior trips. And I don't know about you, OP, but I'm almost as excited about the split stay as I am about the parks!

I've loved reading all of your responses! We are now booked for 4 nights Yacht, 2 nights AK, and 5 nights Contemporary and we're so excited. I always pack the kids outfits in individual ziplock bags in their suitcases and the dirty clothes go back in after so I don't think the packing/unpacking will be too much trouble, and they love wheeling their suitcases around so they should be helpful getting their bag to the lobby, lol! I think it will be nice that we have a one bedroom villa at AK (our 2 night splurge) that has a washer/dryer in the middle of the trip so I can pack lighter. :-)

The only problem we're having now is with the tickets. When we put the 10 day MYW tickets on the first reservation, Yacht, we don't get the summer room rate. Now I'm wondering if it would be better for all 3 of the reservations to be room only (we got the room discount on the other 2 that don't have the ticket package) and get our tickets through AllEars. Thoughts?

Just did this last month. We did 3 resorts in 9 nights, 3 nights at each resort. We started at PORFQ, then moved to ASSp and ended at AoA Little Mermaid room. They were all new resorts to us, everything went off without a hitch. Great way to check out other resorts.

I've loved reading all of your responses! We are now booked for 4 nights Yacht, 2 nights AK, and 5 nights Contemporary and we're so excited. I always pack the kids outfits in individual ziplock bags in their suitcases and the dirty clothes go back in after so I don't think the packing/unpacking will be too much trouble, and they love wheeling their suitcases around so they should be helpful getting their bag to the lobby, lol! I think it will be nice that we have a one bedroom villa at AK (our 2 night splurge) that has a washer/dryer in the middle of the trip so I can pack lighter. :-)

The only problem we're having now is with the tickets. When we put the 10 day MYW tickets on the first reservation, Yacht, we don't get the summer room rate. Now I'm wondering if it would be better for all 3 of the reservations to be room only (we got the room discount on the other 2 that don't have the ticket package) and get our tickets through AllEars. Thoughts?

Wouldn't APs be a better option at this point, I think the break even is 10 days?

Like PP said, maybe one of you should consider getting AP and get more discounts on your other rooms as well as the first. Right now, AP discount is out up to 6/10 but it should release soon for the summer since current early spring discount is soon expiring. Just a thought since you will be getting more discounts on your rooms and also currently AP has great discounts on restaurants until this fall.

Wouldn't APs be a better option at this point, I think the break even is 10 days?
That was the good ole days. Now a 10 day PH is cheaper than even the Gold Pass. A Gold Pass which is for Florida residents and DVC members and has blackout dates is $549, a Platinum Pass is $649. A discounted 10 day pass is about $525. The price difference adds up for a family of 5.

We did a five nighter and switched rooms EVERY DAY. I think it was like two at BWV then two at AKV then back to BWV. Bell services moved our luggage and Owners Locker, so have extra money on hand for tips. My wife is awesome at finding deals so that trip averaged $183 per night through David's. Best of all is we ended up with ten MagicBands for our collection!:)

I have but, I was the only one moving and I had a vehicle. Not sure I'd want to do a three way stay with kids or multiple items to transport without a car.

However last trip I did a 2 resort split stay and used the luggage transfer through bell services. Worked flawlessly. (1 piece of luggage and one large gift shop bag)

I actually like split stays but again I'm usually solo so only myself to move.

I was thinking of doing the same, but threw in the BC instead (to get a little different feel for my trip). Have a great time!!!

We added on GF when we found it would be $800 cheaper for us to fly out the night before. We were going to do a Value, but decided that we were planning on spending more on air anyways so why not complete the monorail loop. We won't be in until around 9:30 for our 1 night GF stay and booked 1900 PF for the morning. Figured we would have breakfast and check out the pool before heading over to Poly to hop in the pool there. My son complains that everytime we go to Disney we don't have any pool time, so figured our switch days would be great days for that!

Are we crazy to be thinking of doing 3 resorts in one trip? We originally had Contemporary booked for our entire trip, but had to change our dates a bit and now it's only available the second half of our 12 day stay. We were then looking at Yacht Club for the first half, which is available, but now hubby wants to start at Yacht Club for 4 nights, move to Animal Kingdom for 2 nights, and finish at Contemporary for 5. Thoughts?
I did 5 resorts on a 12 night trip: 1 night AoA, 1 night AKL, 2 nights Villa Grand Floridian, 3 nights Saratoga Springs, 5 Nights Disney's Vero Beach Resort. I didn't have a car until I went to Vero Beach. Bell services transferred my luggage and I took boats and buses to get to the next resort. It was great!
I loved it!

We usually do 2 splits, but last October we did 3 (Movie, Sports, Coronado). It was cool to stay at 3 different places, but I think ideally 2 places is good for a 10-night trip. My suggestion is to stay at the 'nicer' place last.

Doing this in June, 1 night at Pop, 6 nights at Poly, and then 9 nights at the Beach Club. It was just going to be the Poly/BC split but then we found a super good deal on a non-stop flight the day before so we added Pop!!

Doing this in June, 1 night at Pop, 6 nights at Poly, and then 9 nights at the Beach Club. It was just going to be the Poly/BC split but then we found a super good deal on a non-stop flight the day before so we added Pop!!

I have done this before! Last year I was able to book an extra night at the beginning and end of my trip, which accounted for the cheaper fare. In the end, I either paid the extra 400 to stay two more nights, or pay that to the airlines.

In September 2015 I did 4 resorts. 5 nites at POFQ, 4 nites at Yacht, 4 nites at CSR and 1 nite at AK. I would not do this again for the one nite. Last April I did 4 nites at Gf, 3 nites at POR and 5 nites at BC. I loved it. It gives me the opportunity to enjoy the resort and the restaurant around that particular area.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter