• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Click Here

Has anyone seen the "news" going around about being able to keep the towel animals Mousekeeping make

Princess Jes

DIS Veteran
As the title states, has anyone seen anything in the past few days about being able to actually take home the towel animals that mousekeeping leave in your room?
I saw it on facebook (I know, don't believe everything you read online) but I wonder if there IS any truth to it?

I would say know but that's just my opinion so I'm not sure if it's "allowed". They'd run out of a lot of towels!

Yeah, that's what I was thinking. I couldn't imagine its for real.
I'm in a FB group called Disney Dorks, and there are well over 12,000 members, and they're going nuts over it, but I can see a lot of people coming back with charges for missing towels upon checkout.

Seems doubtful. I know they sell the Disney Parks Branded Towels. They're not going to do that if it's canabilized.

As a DVC member I'd be disturbed if people were taking towels. I'd rather have my dues going to improvements or upkeep of SSR. That's just me...

I wouldn't put much into a Facebook group. Taking the towel animals would be like taking a normal towel from any hotel. So that means it isn't ok. Just take your soaps and be happy. I think the towels are a great touch that they don't have to do.

I wouldn't put much into a Facebook group. Taking the towel animals would be like taking a normal towel from any hotel. So that means it isn't ok. Just take your soaps and be happy. I think the towels are a great touch that they don't have to do.
Just to clarify, I don't believe it, and wouldn't do so myself, I'd just seen it yesterday and when I woke up this morning, there were posts about people getting all excited because they were going to start taking them and all I could do was cringe.

Just to clarify, I don't believe it, and wouldn't do so myself, I'd just seen it yesterday and when I woke up this morning, there were posts about people getting all excited because they were going to start taking them and all I could do was cringe.
Well hopefully masses of people don't start taking them because then it has the possibility of stopping.

Well hopefully masses of people don't start taking them because then it has the possibility of stopping.
Agreed. I can't see why people think they can, but again, I just wanted to run it past y'all because I know you would know and there's always that 0.01% chance it could have merit

When I go to pay the balance of room charges the night before check-out, I have always asked the CM if it is okay to take the towel animals (if we received any) and have always been told yes. If you really think about it, how sanitary would it be if they stayed between guests:sick:

It is true and not a new policy. They have been saying yes to guests taking towel animals for a long time :)

I remember one year where the resort had a class where talented members of the housekeeping staff sat and tables and showed us how to make towel animals. With help .....lol.... I made a Minnie head and my DD made a Mickey head. And yes, we were encouraged to keep them.

When I go to pay the balance of room charges the night before check-out, I have always asked the CM if it is okay to take the towel animals (if we received any) and have always been told yes. If you really think about it, how sanitary would it be if they stayed between guests:sick:
We've been told the same. More specifically, we've been told the towel animals are made out of towels that have reached the end of their lives as towels, so they'll either be thrown out or turned into an animal.

I am not trying to step on toes, but why not just snap a picture and leave the magic for others to enjoy? As it was said above, that would allow Disney to spend money on actual maintenance, not replacing towels. I wonder if they didn't say yes because you asked; good customer service means granting requests if possible, and I imagine the unofficial policy may be don't encourage people to take them, but if the guests ask to take them home, then allow them to.

Reactions: HM
I am not trying to step on toes, but why not just snap a picture and leave the magic for others to enjoy? As it was said above, that would allow Disney to spend money on actual maintenance, not replacing towels. I wonder if they didn't say yes because you asked; good customer service means granting requests if possible, and I imagine the unofficial policy may be don't encourage people to take them, but if the guests ask to take them home, then allow them to.

For the simple reason that Disney would be spending money on these towels anyway. As stated above, the towels used to make towel animals are made from towels that are set to be discarded due to wear. So they can either throw them in the trash, or make a towel animal that someone can enjoy (and take home if they wish). Making of towel animals in no way impacts how many towels Disney has to buy, because these towels were slated to be replaced anyway.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter