Has anyone seen the "news" going around about being able to keep the towel animals Mousekeeping make

This is what we have always done. When my DH and I have gone to other resorts (sandals, where we had a different on each day), It just seems the right thing to do. Besides where would you put them all. It's cute for a while but then it just becomes clutter after a bit. They also tend to collect dust.

That was my thought, as well. Not to be rude but why would you want to take one home, and what would you do with it once you got it there? And it just seems like a terribly bulky thing to pack in a suitcase. My wife kept tickets from a 1999 trip but they take up this "" much space. I have no idea where she'd stuff a towel animal never to be seen again!

Just an aside but we had none left after the first day this last trip to BC. So, 10 out of 11 days staying deluxe room CL-no animals. I was surprised, actually, as usually they would leave one on each bed and one in each bathroom when we stayed in 2 bedroom suites previously. They even left some in the dining room in the Presidential Suite when we were upgraded-monkeys hanging on the china cabinet-LOL.

My mom asked one of the housekeepers in the hallway if it was okay to take it home, and they said it was okay.

We have kept a few over the years, they reside in DD's room and are a reminder of the time we spent. She knows which trip they were on and are just like any other stuffed animal she has decided to keep. We did ask and got permission to take them each time (did not assume they were ours to take). It makes more sense given the concept of throwing them out anyway. We do not always take them.

I too have asked cast members if the towel animals can be taken, and I have been told yes. I don't ask mousekeeping, I ask at the front desk. I end up leaving an even bigger tip for mousekeeping!

Yeah, that's what I was thinking. I couldn't imagine its for real.
I'm in a FB group called Disney Dorks, and there are well over 12,000 members, and they're going nuts over it, but I can see a lot of people coming back with charges for missing towels upon checkout.

Nevermind

I wouldn't put much into a Facebook group. Taking the towel animals would be like taking a normal towel from any hotel. So that means it isn't ok. Just take your soaps and be happy. I think the towels are a great touch that they don't have to do.

Guess I should read everythung

We got to AoA and there were two in our window, we took them home but those were the only ones we got. My daughter wanted them, they said it was ok.

We almost always take the ones that have been made for us. I have been told the same thing others mentioned - these are old worn-out towels, and guests are expected/encouraged to take them home if they want. For us they are enjoyable little reminders of our trip! P.S. I take soap and shampoo, too, and we donate them to the local women's shelter.

How neat! We will probably take one home this upcoming trip. I definitely would not have thought about taking them if it hadn't of been for this post.

We generally do not take towel animals home because I just don't want them. However, we once offended our maid by not taking the towel animal that she made for us. So you can leave them behind if you like, but the towel animals are meant for taking.

I hope we don't offend our maid by not taking them! I guess it never would have occurred to me to take them with us (I'd probably take pictures), but I also don't like knick-knacks or any sort of clutter at all. (Even having books or appliances/electronics visible in my house bothers me.)

we got one of the mickey ones with the three rings - we asked if we could keep ti and they said yes - they provided rubber bands to help keep it together

I hate clutter and knick knacks, but our maid wanted us to take some home a few trips ago. She left us a cute note about being deaf and how.much joy she gets from seeing the joy the towel animals bring people, etc. We have two, I think? They reside on my sons book case :)

When I go to pay the balance of room charges the night before check-out, I have always asked the CM if it is okay to take the towel animals (if we received any) and have always been told yes. If you really think about it, how sanitary would it be if they stayed between guests:sick:

I have always kept the ones that had the eyes glued on to it. If it were a Mickey head or something with a larger towel, we always end up using those, and not taking them.

I have always known the towel animals are to be taken home tho I rarely did. I also noticed they are usually thin/threadbare so I assumed they were older towels. Also I don't think they count room towels at least moderate and value hotels because we usually ask for and receive a huge stack to keep in our room to use over the course of a trip (received from a housekeeper in the hall with her cart). I know they have no idea how many we were given. Also at least in those levels of hotel they are not worth stealing

We received a towel animal once - mostly just received the towel forms. Certainly wished we had known to ask about keeping ours. It was a cute little bunny.

I too have asked cast members if the towel animals can be taken, and I have been told yes. I don't ask mousekeeping, I ask at the front desk. I end up leaving an even bigger tip for mousekeeping!

If you are going to "leave an even bigger tip for mousekeeping", and essentially "pay" for the towel, why don't you leave the money at the front desk and effectively pay for what you are taking. Giving mousekeeping a "bigger tip" only encourages the whole process and costs the company (Disney) money. I wonder if mousekeeping would tell you to take the towel if the money for the missing towel came out of their pocket. I doubt it.

This whole discussion is nuts! I mean, why not take a couple of flowers out of one of the gardens to take home. Or why not take a placemat or a breadbasket from a signature restaurant because the server said it was o.k.

This costs money people. I tend to think you would not allow something similar if you were in business.

If you are going to "leave an even bigger tip for mousekeeping", and essentially "pay" for the towel, why don't you leave the money at the front desk and effectively pay for what you are taking. Giving mousekeeping a "bigger tip" only encourages the whole process and costs the company (Disney) money. I wonder if mousekeeping would tell you to take the towel if the money for the missing towel came out of their pocket. I doubt it.

This whole discussion is nuts! I mean, why not take a couple of flowers out of one of the gardens to take home. Or why not take a placemat or a breadbasket from a signature restaurant because the server said it was o.k.

This costs money people. I tend to think you would not allow something similar if you were in business.

But how do you know that the DON'T allow it? What if they really are throwing the towels away and it's a $0 loss for the company if you take it?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter