Haunted mansion. People do this?!

Would you like the incinerated teeth and cockroach topping or the human skin flake topping? The skin flake topping is free, but if you want the teeth and cockroach topping, it'll be an extra charge.

Ooooo...decisions, decisions...

Would that qualify as a snack credit on the DDP? :laughing:

Ooooo...decisions, decisions...

Would that qualify as a snack credit on the DDP? :laughing:

I'm sorry, we get that topping from a third party vendor, and therefore it is not a DDP eligible item. However, we do offer the Mickey Mouse Hair Peanut Butter and Jelly which would qualify as a snack credit.

You poor thing. Of course we care. We really do. Don't ever think we don't. I sincerely hope this thread doesn't completely ruin WDW for you. :hug: :hug::grouphug::grouphug:

So, about the exciting new Disney Burial Club aka the DBC-anyone have a point structure idea? I bet the view complaints would be far and few between, huh?

I'd probably get "add-on-itis" with DBC just like I'm starting to get with DVC.

And then I'd have to worry about freeloading dead relatives wanting to hang out with me in my DBC location.

I'm having my remains dumped in the Haunted Mansion, but foregoing the cremation.
I wanna be propped up in the graveyard scene.

I'm having my remains dumped in the Haunted Mansion, but foregoing the cremation.
I wanna be propped up in the graveyard scene.
That is going to be REALLY tough to pull off!

I wish your family members the best of luck! I would recommend getting a Florida criminal defense attorney on retainer, before any attempts are made! lol If you live out of state, there may also be federal charges brought for transporting a corpse over state lines, so keep that in mind when looking for an attorney!

I don't have a problem with gross-out factor, but there are other issues to consider here.

First, there is the issue of ride safety. Haunted Mansion might be dusty, but Imagineers but the dust in specific places. If random people are dumping ashes, there is no way to know if they are getting ash into some mechanism of the ride that shouldn't be dusty. The same is true for other rides. Could the ash affect the brakes on one of the coasters?

And what about other types of dust? You could swear up and down that it was Grandma you jettisoned from your Doom Buggy, but what if it was Anthrax instead?

So while I understand why people want to to this, I think it is dangerous to do on rides.

Disney used to object to weddings on their property, but then they decided it was easier to let the weddings happen, but to control them. I think they same can be said for spreading ashes. Instead of Haunted Mansion being closed for 2 1/2 hours, it can open ten minutes late or close 10 minutes early while a family is allowed to spread ashes in predefined areas of the ride. It's a win-win situation. The grieving family gets to do as their dead relative wanted, and Disney gets to be in control of the situation. :wizard: Although it would probably be in bad taste for them to charge for this...

Isnt this why they sell memorium bricks? Or is that only at Disneyland??? I think its gross to dump remains in the park. Not even that it "used to be" a body, but because its a bunch of ashy dirt. Why would you put that in the water of the rides or around the moat? :confused3 If everyone started doing it, it would be murky and disgusting. Not to mention it messes with the ph balance and wildlife lives in the parks and in the moat. And I agree that its dangerous to do on the rides...mucks up the tracks!

It is my understanding that Texas will no longer give you the ashes back - funeral homes will only release them to a graveyard or a place for ash urns. No more urns sitting on the mantle at your home. The powers that be decided it was unhealthy. Ashes must be disposed in a controlled way - you are no longer free to spread them where you wish. I imagine other states will also add this to their laws. I think Florida already has this law.

I have told my kids for years that when I die, I would love for them to take a pinch of my ashes and let them go over the mote near Cindy's Castle ;) In fact, I joked with my older DD that I really would like her to get a job as Tink flying out of the window from the Castle to make it easier to sprinkle the pinch of ashes....:goodvibes Just a tiny pinch of ashes ... that is all.

It is my understanding that Texas will no longer give you the ashes back - funeral homes will only release them to a graveyard or a place for ash urns. No more urns sitting on the mantle at your home. The powers that be decided it was unhealthy. Ashes must be disposed in a controlled way - you are no longer free to spread them where you wish. I imagine other states will also add this to their laws. I think Florida already has this law.

That is not true, at least in all of Texas. My SIL passed away this past May, she was cremated and my husband and I picked up the remains for my BIL.

Would you like the incinerated teeth and cockroach topping or the human skin flake topping? The skin flake topping is free, but if you want the teeth and cockroach topping, it'll be an extra charge.
I could use more calcium in my diet, so I'll go with the teeth.:)

In my state, they still give you the ashes. You can divide them up too..I wouldn't put all my ashes at WDW just a small amount.

There have been times at work that a patient will lose a finger, we weren't able to reattach, and they wanted it back!! To show people, they said. Had to tell them no in that case!

Also, in some religions, if someone loses a limb, they will bury it with the proper ritual. I know in those cases, they can have it back, but pathology has to release it, and they probably have to release to the funeral home..

I agree with not putting your ashes in the ride itself. You could harm the mechanisms. And please don't ruin a ride just because you can no longer ride. it.

If you are going to do it, you should put your ashes in a place where you can be one with the earth. Dust to dust and all that jazz. And remember your going to have A LOT of ashes. A little here and there is less noticable than a half gallon of ashes.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter