Haunted mansion. People do this?!

Not only are they missing out on a profit for a cemetary but they as per my DD, they need a nursing home too.. :lmao: She hope they have one by the time I am senile and ready for one.. when you think about it, it really isn't a bad idea. I know my family, if they had to place me in one, would definatly place me in a Disney one! :thumbsup2

The Mickey Mouse Seniors Club... that could be the name of it...:rotfl:

Nothing new..been happening for years.POC is another popular spot

Yup...some of my great uncles ashes were put at the jail scene.

They were in a trinket box, sealed and got knocked off a shelf in cleaning. My aunt (his daughter) didn't know what to do with them, when she got up as much as she could, so they decided to put them in POTC.

They kept it a secret from my nana for years, it finally came out a year or 2 before she died. Everytime I'm there..we say hi to Uncle Chuck.

ps...I have posted this story on here before, just in case it looks familar to some :goodvibes

ooohhhh...what a great idea....that is where i would want my ashes! Anywhere in the water so they can't sweep me up! Rivers of America? POTC? Hmmm...where else could they put me? OHHHH! Splash Mountain!!! Just kidding....it's gross, but wouldn't it be fun to spend eternity in DW?

Ok I came across this today looking for something else and I wanted to share it here. I've been thinking..wow..are you kidding me? I mean, I'm starting to not be shocked by much of what people try in the parks anymore. But this kinda creeps me out.
Discuss please...

http://www.examiner.com/x-10719-Disney-Theme-Parks-Examiner~y2009m5d17-Human-ashes-scattered-at-Walt-Disney-World-Haunted-Mansion-again

My daughter-in-law's father requested his ashes go up in cincinnati webn fireworks and rossi fireworks let her watch them put them in and told her which one he would go up in. I have always wanted my ashes to go up in wishes fireworks and really hope it can be done! It has always been my favorite place on earth and i want to be there always.

Maybe Disney just needs to revamp their pre-ride rules for all major attractions.
"Please keep hands & arms inside your vehicle at all times, and no flash photography or discharging of loved one's remains."

On a serious note. How often does this occur?

I'm sure it happenes quite alot as sooo many want to stay in there favorite place on earth. I really hope I can go up in the Wishes fireworks. Awesome DW everyday! Awesome!!!

Oh boy, you're in for it now. Apparently it is not gross. Apparently sitting in or walking through or ingesting the cremated remains of another person not only is not gross, it is not bad for you at all, and many people don't care that you are offended because they know for sure it's OK.

Your feelings in this matter are irrelevant. My feelings in this matter don't matter either, for the record. So, human remains in cremated form will rain down from the heavens onto your Dole whip and you will like it. You will sit in the cremated remains of a human being on the benches of Epcot and not know the difference.

I don't know how these people would feel about ingesting the cremated remains of a cockroach colony (thousands of 'em just spread into your cereal) but apparently this presents no problem whatsoever because, of course, cremation burns off any ickiness that cockroaches carry with them:thumbsup2

Enjoy.

Question, since matter is finite and not created, where do you think the atoms that make up your body came from? Well, probably an atom from the intestine of a long dead rat here, some atoms from Frank Jones who died of the bubonic plague back in the middle ages, and a sprinkle of atoms from the local sewage plant.

Morbid, but Disney could probably make a fortune off this! Who wouldn't want to reside for eternity in the happiest place on Earth? But really, in the Haunted Mansion. I can see discreetly in a flower bed, but just dusting it in the Mansion? Morbid!:scared1:

TiggerStac - what was your great-uncles name so we can hi to him next time we ride! :wave2:

Jill

Ok I came across this today looking for something else and I wanted to share it here. I've been thinking..wow..are you kidding me? I mean, I'm starting to not be shocked by much of what people try in the parks anymore. But this kinda creeps me out.
Discuss please...

http://www.examiner.com/x-10719-Disney-Theme-Parks-Examiner~y2009m5d17-Human-ashes-scattered-at-Walt-Disney-World-Haunted-Mansion-again

This falls into my "What a Bunch of Freaks" category.....

Not to mention it's illegal & disrespectful.

I'm going to move this discussion over to the theme parks community board now, since it's not really a trip planning thread.

Here's a funny story about ashes...

My ex's aunt passed - wonderful woman. She had five children. She chose to be cremated but the kids couldn't decide what to do with the remains, which were handed to them in a carboard box. So the box went on a shelf till they could decide...for a year. Daughter #1 got kind of creeped out with the idea of her mom in a box on the shelf (really she felt like her mother was somewhere going "A cardboard box? Are you people KIDDING me?!?"), had received a really nice Prada bag from a boyfriend (who later became an ex-boyfriend) so figured - heck, this bag was more expensive than an urn, so...out of the box, into the Prada bag.

The kids still don't know what to do with the ashes. Their mom loved to gamble so Son #1 (whose business is doing well) decides he'll fly the five of them out to Vegas and sprinkle Mom along the Strip. Mom (in her stylish Prada bag) is inconspcuious. In Vegas, the daughters (# 1 - 3) decide to take mom out for one last "night on the town". They place the bag in front of slot machines (and play money for her) and at some of her favorite table games, telling people "Sorry, my mom's sitting there!"

At one point, Daughter # 1 is running low on chips and says "Ma - can you lend me some?" and takes some from her mother's pile. Wouldn't you know that it hit? For quite a nice piece of change too! She replaced mom's orginal stake and gave her a cut of the profits.

I don't know what they did with her. I believe they did leave a little of her behind in Vegas (where I don't know, nor do I want to) but I don't know what happened to the rest or to the bag. I think there are laws against spreading ashes where you wish for a reason and that needs to be respected - whether or not you agree with it - because the wishes of the deceased person don't trump the wishes of people who are alive and may take issue with it. Disney is private property and the owners do not want this done, no matter how much you may want to do it.

Personally, I'd rather a small part of me be put in a kick-butt expensive bag (something small but spectacular) and taken out on the town to have a good time every so often. The rest of me can stay discretely in a columbarium.

I made my wishes clear on these boards, but never thought it could really happen.MMM the 300,000 ghost maybe LOL

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter