Have you been "Bitten" by the Concierge "Bug"? aka The LIZARD LOUNGE!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Minniesota, our oldest is in her second year of college, so I know exactly what you're going through. Trust me that the next 4 high school years are going to fly by. Enjoy every minute.

We were staying at the GF, so we used their spa. I treated DH to an 80 minute Swedish massage. I knew he was going to be a bit uptight about it, so I didn't mention it until we were sitting in the concierge lounge that morning having our coffee. We were talking about what we'd like to do today and that's when I mentioned it. Of course he grilled me for the next few minutes on what it was like, what is he supposed to wear, etc.... I was having a facial done at the same time, so we both walked over together. The next time I saw him, he was absolutely glowing and had a big smile on his face. He said it was incredible. I don't know much about the Boardwalk healthclub, but according to the www.relaxedyet.com website, they offer the massages over there also. I wouldn't mind taking a trip over to the GF for their spa though, it's beautiful. I like your idea of playing it by ear for this vacation. It's not easy being spontaneous when you're with the kids, but it's kind of nice when it's just the two of you.

GoofysMuse, believe it or not, I'm going through the same thing right now. I'm waffling back and forth about this being the craziest thing that I've ever done. The weekend after we're home, I'm hosting a family Christmas party with about 20 people. So I'll have less than a week to cook, clean and get presents for all my nieces and nephews. And similar to your daughter, my son brought home his December calendar and his high school is having a winter ball on the 10th. I'm looking at the other signs though, like that my oldest DD will be able to meet us there now and for some reason, my youngest DD has been asking me constantly when we are going back to Disney. I know she doesn't suspect anything, she's just been watching home movies from past Disney vacations. Is there anyway that you can check with the organizers of the district try-outs to see if there is a makeup date for your DD? I know my anxiety will eventually pass, it always does. And I know once we get there, it's going to be a great time for everyone. Good luck with your pondering.

Tammi

Originally posted by minniesota
I am tempted to just try and "catch" CP without the dinner commitment. That way there is no real time pressure and we can be more spontaneous - something we usually are not on Disney vacations!

If you don't do the package you'll have to line up in advance to get a seat. I haven't eaten at Chefs in years but we had a great meal there. I can't say the same for either of the 2 times we did Rose & Crown. In the past you got a 10% discount on Epcot purchases the day of our CP if you did the package. Do they still offer that?

I also think you'll love MVMCP. Especially since your DH isn't crazy about MK. It offers so much more than a "standard" day at MK. I went with a friend and we had dinner at CRT before the party. I was thinking how romantic it would have been with my DH. We had a window seat looking out over Fantasyland-all magically lit up in the dark December night.

P & PD to all in need. I thought I was getting better with this cold thing and then got knocked back down again. But I'm taking Friday off so I'll have a 4 day weekend. Maybe I can recover then.

akghutton - AKL does such a wonderful job. Sounds like you had a joyous time! Hmmm, zebra strawberries. I'll have to try them. They sound yummy. :teeth:

Whewwwww, weeeeee, dogggiiieee. Doesn't your head swim trying to figure out dates for our meet - LOL! :earseek: :p

Ok, BT - you've got down July 27 - August 4...I think it would work. But ssssshhhhh - don't tell my DH. I'm trying to get an extended trip with just my MIL and DS out of this. ;) If the extension is a no go, we leave on the 30th so we'll have a few days to connect before I would have to head out. I'm keeping my fingers crossed and being super sweet to my big fella. Now I just have to wait and see what the verdict will be.

Debbie - Yikes - stuck between two meets! I haven't been able to retain much lately with a bunch of personal stuff going on lately. My mind is in constant motion. Alice is off having fun! ***bopping my hand upside my head*** :crazy: :rolleyes: I'm hoping my brain will begin to function normally again REAL soon.

Elisabeth - Sounds like you have a nice family event planned out. How sweet!

Floridafam - I'm guessing it'll be a boy.

Originally posted by BambiTamby
Ok, another quickie postLet's vote on the last week of July or the first week of August.I can go either way!
How bout July 27th thru August 3rd?
This would work, and I'd at least be there for a couple of days. I "close shop" the first week of August to coincide with slow times for my clients, so I'm crazed the week before that. And you all know I'm always open to another reason to go to Disney!
I thought I was getting better with this cold thing and then got knocked back down again. But I'm taking Friday off so I'll have a 4 day weekend. Maybe I can recover then.
We must have picked up the same bug in FL. - same scenario here, except I don't have Friday off.

OK, so here we go again with Poly IPO. I know they must be getting slammed with preparations for Thanksgiving travellers, but it's been 6 days since I e-mailed, re-sent the e-mail 3 days later, and still no response. Phone of course gets you VM, and my irregular schedule makes it hard to reach me sometimes. It seems to me if they are that overwhelmed management needs to do something to remedy the situation. We love the Poly and will always count it among our favorites, but this is definitely their weak spot. So what would you all do - make your own PS's or keep trying to get a response from IPO? There is no "gotta do it" ressie we are trying to get, but we do have some other requests (in-room surprises and such) that need to be handled by IPO.

Goofy'sMuse - Isn't it unbelievable how quickly that time has gone by? Does your DD have to make a choice about a high school or is there just one in your area? We are having the private vs. public discussion so she is looking at three options. We are in the Twin Cities area so there is a lot to choose from which can be both good and bad.

Tammi and GoofyM - What are your dates in December? We will be there the 3rd-7th. In 2000, I spent 5 or 6 days in WDW the early part of December and swore I wouldn't do it again. LOL If I can give you any advice, do everything you possibly can before you leave. Christmas cards, bake and freeze, shop and wrap, decorate the house. Then you can relax and really enjoy your time away - or you will be so exhausted, you'll sleep through the first couple of days! But you do not - I repeat, DO NOT, want to come home to all of that holiday madness. If you work ahead, the transition back to reality will go smoother. ANd, hey, we can all lower the expectations a notch or two - for us and our families. My 2 cents.

akghutton - I've never been to AKL but I am slowly warming to the idea. Your post pushed me even further - I have got to try that place!

lovesdumbo - Thanks for the input. I am not a big fan of Rose and Crown but DH has fond memories of many lagers on the terrace on another trip. LOL I know we would not stand in line - DH hates that - we would just hope to snag a couple of seats in the back or even sit on a nearby bench and just listen. And by the way, I do have a PS at CRT the night of MVMCP - I think it's at 5. Did you enjoy your meal? How was the food? So many decisions.. Hope you are better soon.

I have no voice today - my family loves this - so I guess you guys are my audience today! Hang in there all, the Holiday Express is rolling into town. I can feel it nipping at my heels!!!

Steveanddonna - make your own PS. It's safer.

Do you know the 800 number to call wdw? I am a bit out of it and need to cancel my hard-earned reservations due to major surgery. Can't believe after all that planning we are not going to be able to go.

Y'all will have to have a drink for me in the lounge.

CaliforniaDreamer - I just read your other post. I'm so sorry for your news. I'll keep in my prayers for recovery!

Many thanks, VAgal. I specifically need prayers that one of my surgeons will give me a surgery date that's soon (he's leaving the country) and that I don't have to go through chemo.

Am I dreaming or was there an 800 number instead of the toll one for WDW planning?

CaliforniaDreamer - I had to do a quick search for it:

1-800-828-0228

I will definitely pray that your surgery date will be set soon!

Originally posted by steveanddonna
This would work, and I'd at least be there for a couple of days. I "close shop" the first week of August to coincide with slow times for my clients, so I'm crazed the week before that. And you all know I'm always open to another reason to go to Disney!
We must have picked up the same bug in FL. - same scenario here, except I don't have Friday off.

OK, so here we go again with Poly IPO. I know they must be getting slammed with preparations for Thanksgiving travellers, but it's been 6 days since I e-mailed, re-sent the e-mail 3 days later, and still no response. Phone of course gets you VM, and my irregular schedule makes it hard to reach me sometimes. It seems to me if they are that overwhelmed management needs to do something to remedy the situation. We love the Poly and will always count it among our favorites, but this is definitely their weak spot. So what would you all do - make your own PS's or keep trying to get a response from IPO? There is no "gotta do it" ressie we are trying to get, but we do have some other requests (in-room surprises and such) that need to be handled by IPO.

I would make my own reservations...then write a letter to the general manager of the hotel, the director of guest services and the manager of the concierge staff...complaining like a bad dog! A letter to Al Weiss will get a response fairly quickly as well. Good luck.

Good Afternoon LLs:sunny:

Steveanddonna I am sorry you're not getting a response from Poly IPO. I would recommend calling to WDWDine to see if perhaps your PS have been made and they just haven't gotten back with you. Isn't F&W still going on? I think the CLs were swamped this past weekend b/c even AKL IPO took a couple of days to get back with me (Of course, when Don did get back w/ me he'd taken care of EVERYTHING - for my December and February trips!:Pinkbounc ) Hope it all works out!

CaliforniaDreamer Sending lots of PD to you and that you'll get a surgery date ASAP:)

akghutton Loved your report on my favorite place
:teeth: Hmmm, chocolate mousse crisps sound divine::yes:: Don't remember those from my visit last October. Of course, I'd given up sweets for about 3 months at the time...NOT SO this trip:crazy:

Tammi You have so many great ideas! I feel like a Disney Pro but you are the real deal:earsgirl: princess: :teeth: I'm taking notes from all of you Lizards::yes::

This Summer Meet is sounding VERY interesting...I am usually at Disney at the end of July anyway (last 4 years or so, at least). Maybe I can come w/ DD and join you for some Lizard Happenings:crazy: I'm thinking BWI CL - unless of course it turns into an AKL Meet. Won't have to twist my arm:cheer2:

Have a good afternoon:wave2:

It's a girl.:Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc princess: princess: :Pinkbounc

Thanks for all of your well wishes. My poor Dh is so nervous about having another daughter. He's so protective.

We took a last minute vacation Monday. Disneyy's Vero Beach Resort re-opened after Hurrricane Jeanne and we went over to check it out.

There wasn't really anyone there so we checked in for the night. We practically had the whole place to ourselves. :D :D

Definately check the resort out my fellow LL's, it's a great place!

Hope everyone is well.

hockeymom,

What's the word on your AKL trip? I can't believe how many changes I have had to make to our trip. Disney is probably sick of me by now. I changed AKL to CR for an earlier date and then DH comes home and says his Holiday Party is that day. :rolleyes:

Have a great day everyone!!!

Minniesota, The Goofy's and the McManus's will all be there from the 9th - 13th, so we'll just miss you. I have the next 3 days off from work, so I'm going to pull my Christmas decorations down from the attic and get decorated now. As for the family party, I've decided to have it catered and the nieces and nephews will probably all get something from Disney World this year.

Tammi

floridafam CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!!!!! Pinkbounc I am so happy for you. If you don't mind I would love to knit something for you. It is good relaxation therapy for me and I love knitting. You could PM me your adress so I can mail it to you when I am done.

sfbank sorry to hear things didn't go how you wanted them to. I have mailed your package, so maybe that can cheer you up somewhat.

k&a&c'smom Are you back from your trip yet? I hope you had a great time.

lovesdumbo I sent you a PM:

POLY IPO ROCKS :Pinkbounc :bounce:

I emailed them last week to make a bunch of changes since my son and his wife have FINALLY rsvp a yes, so I had to add them to several ps and all that stuff.

I had to adjust my expectations. It seems Poly IPO doesn't answer every email that same day, it seems they work quietly in the background. But everything, and I mean everything , I asked for, was done.

I am walking on air. My family is in for a trip of a lifetime. :bounce: :Pinkbounc

congrats floridafam the world will always need more princess: princess: . And I'm happy that you are happy!!!

STEVEANDDONNA I would give wdwdine a call. They can look at IPO made ressies. I'll bet they are done. All of mine were done. They just didn't tell me.....

californiadreamer I can't even say how sorry I am that you had to postpone your trip. :( But here is a bucket of pd for a fast recovery. And an even faster surgery date!!

for all who are wondering about taking their kids out of school.... We had the same feeling. In fact, I just found out that my granddaughter was to have the lead in the school production of the Nutcracker. Now she is working on scenery. But just as she remembers every little detail of her Mother's Day trip 2 years ago, she will remember this trip too. I just emailed my daughter the letter from themouseforless that gives wonderful reasons why the kids will learn from this vacation. I hope that the school will let the sax player try out early!!

pd and p to all in need. I've got to get back to work to pay for all this!!!!

:wave: :wave2:

Originally posted by floridafam
It's a girl.:Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc princess: princess: :Pinkbounc

Thanks for all of your well wishes. My poor Dh is so nervous about having another daughter. He's so protective.

:Pinkbounc Congrats, Floridafam!!!!! :Pinkbounc

Another princess: to love and spoil. I can sympathize with DH seeing how my Dad was with us 5 girls!

Johnsonet - I think we are doing the summer meet at AKL. Someone let me know if I'm wrong.

Prayers and PD for CaliforniaDreamer on getting a quick surgery date and a dumptruck load of PD for NO chemo-So sorry about your trip. Take care and be well.
FloridaFam-CONGRATULATIONS on your sono results-A GIRL,how sweet.
Best of Luck to you SteveandDonna on your progress with Poly IPO. I have to say that GF pre-planning wasn't the best, but they were wonderful when we were there.

Floridafam....How wonderful...a brand new baby girl...another Disney Princess in the works!!! wooooo-wooooo!princess: :sunny: princess:

LOL If I can give you any advice, do everything you possibly can before you leave. Christmas cards, bake and freeze, shop and wrap, decorate the house. Then you can relax and really enjoy your time away - or you will be so exhausted, you'll sleep through the first couple of days! But you do not - I repeat, DO NOT, want to come home to all of that holiday madness. If you work ahead, the transition back to reality will go smoother.
You nailed it minniesota! It would be too depressing to come back from that magical place to a house in need of holiday cheer, shopping to be done, presents to be wrapped...Our finish date for shopping and wrapping is Thanksgiving, we decorate the day after, and I've been mixing and freezing dough since we returned from the Oct. trip. We inadvertently started a tradition of giving homemade cookies as a gift to our clients. Of course, that was when we only had 3 clients! Now I bake somewhere in the ballpark of 2400 Christmas cookies every year. Funny thing is, I couldn't do it last year with my Mom's illness and all, and I really missed it.

Thanks to everyone for the advice on Poly IPO - they had not made PS's because there were questions I needed answered before I could specify days and times. Dore did respond today, so I'm sure we'll make great progress from here on. I never expect an immediate answer from IPO, but 6 days is a long time to let an e-mail go without even an acknowledgement. This has been an issue for us with Poly IPO for our last several trips - they are overworked and understaffed, and if management won't put more planners in their office, they should at least set up an auto-reply for times when they are really overwhelmed. It might not convey the personal touch they want, but it's better than no response at all. And yes, VAgal, I am an inveterate letter-writer, both praising and chastising (as the Poly staff and management already know), so there will no doubt be a letter headed to Seven Seas Drive.

CONGRATULATIONS!!! floridafam Best wishes and continued prayers & PD for good health for both of you.

:hug: and prayers for you, too, CaliforniaDreamer. PD for an excellent outcome and quick recuperation.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter