Have you been "Bitten" by the Concierge "Bug"? aka The LIZARD LOUNGE!

Status
Not open for further replies.
:Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc FLORIDAFAM CONGRATUTAIONS HOW WONDERFUL A NEW PRINCESS ENTERING THE KINGDOM princess: :Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc

I am so happy for you! I am still waiting to hear pending an ultrasound on my daughter if I have granddaughter or grandson :D

Ok lizards I have a questions for you. How do you get someone selected to be the "Veteran of the day" for the flag retreat at the Magic Kingdom? This would be a great honor for my DH who is a X-Special Forces/Green Beret.

Angel

Look what was "inside" my Luxury Disney World Newsletter (how many of you have the book?):

"I just returned from a two-week trip to Walt Disney World where I stayed at a number of resorts. However, my visit to the Animal Kingdom Lodge on the conceierge level was a definite highlight. The lounge commands a lovely position on the resort's sixth floor overlooking the spectacular lobby. Beautifully furnished in African decor and furnishings, it imparts a sense of calmness and sophistication missing in some of Disney's other resorts. The friendly and efficient staff always greeted me with a smile and was eager to help out with whatever was needed. I left vowing I would never stay in a regular room there again. My only complaint about a concierge room is the chance of receiving a pool view, something that is almost unacceptable at this resort given the spectacular vistas from the savanna view rooms.

Food and wine offerings are excellent, possibly the the very best selection of any Disney concierge lounge. In the morning there’s a continental breakfast of juice, danish, muffins, bagels, croissants, fresh fruit, yogurt, and cereal. Later you’ll find afternoon beverages and snacks of pretzels, goldfish, and gummy bears with late afternoon additions of scones, cookies, and brownies. Evenings feature South African wine and beer as well as hot and cold hors d’oeuvres from Boma including such items as veggie flatbread, Moroccan meatballs, noodle salad with tofu, blackeyed pea salad, scallops with sundried tomato chutney, assorted cheeses, hummus, beef satay, skewered nut-crusted salmon, and barbecue pork. Kids enjoy PB&J sandwiches and chicken nuggets. After dinner brings cookies, chocolates, mini tarts, mini rice crispy treats, cordials, and sometimes Zebra Domes from Boma. Of course there’s always lemonade, iced tea, and sodas throughout the day. You’ll even find a self-service espresso and cappuccino machine.

This is definitely one resort where the added expense of the concierge level is well worth it. Just beg for that savanna view room at check in or book a suite that guarantees a peek at those marvelous animals."

Great review of the food offerings!:teeth:
P.S. Just realized I'm under 40 days!!:Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc

TammiMcMan - Darn! It would have been fun to say hi to you and the Goofys. Good for you on the holiday prep - you won't be sorry!!!

SteveandDonna - Wow! 2,400 cookies! That's amazing. You are so smart to get all that done before you leave. Now if I can take my own advice! What are your dates at the Poly?

floridafam - Congrats! Funny thing is we had our girl first and when we found out #2 was a boy, we freaked. We knew what to do with girls, but what about boys??!! It took us awhile to adjust to the idea. I love having my little sister (even though she's 47!)

Angel16 - I just arranged to have my dad as veteran of the day in Oct. GF IPO made the arrangements for me but I had to give them a little help. At first I was told you have to go to City Hall first thing in the morning and ask. But then I told my planner that my friend (Nrslady) had Don at AKL arrange it. So after a couple of phone calls between GF and AKL, it was a done deal. It was so cool and very emotional for my family. The veteran gets a special pin, a certificate and a 5x7 photo to commemorate the event. Very cool!

Originally posted by steveanddonna

Thanks to everyone for the advice on Poly IPO - they had not made PS's because there were questions I needed answered before I could specify days and times. Dore did respond today, so I'm sure we'll make great progress from here on. I never expect an immediate answer from IPO, but 6 days is a long time to let an e-mail go without even an acknowledgement. This has been an issue for us with Poly IPO for our last several trips - they are overworked and understaffed, and if management won't put more planners in their office, they should at least set up an auto-reply for times when they are really overwhelmed. It might not convey the personal touch they want, but it's better than no response at all. And yes, VAgal, I am an inveterate letter-writer, both praising and chastising (as the Poly staff and management already know), so there will no doubt be a letter headed to Seven Seas Drive.

I'm so sorry you've had such a problem with Poly IPO. I know at first I thought they were a problem too, but they have come through for me. I'm not a veteran like you; in fact this is my first trip using conceirge. I sure hope they are able to make your trip as magical as you deserve!!! And FWIW, it was 6 days until they got back to me too! :earseek:

:Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc :wave2:

Originally posted by minniesota
Goofy'sMuse - Isn't it unbelievable how quickly that time has gone by? Does your DD have to make a choice about a high school or is there just one in your area? We are having the private vs. public discussion so she is looking at three options. We are in the Twin Cities area so there is a lot to choose from which can be both good and bad.
Yes, we also have choices (public vs. private plus "school choice" is an option in our area)... I agree that options are a double-edged sword!
Originally posted by minniesota
Tammi and GoofyM - ... In 2000, I spent 5 or 6 days in WDW the early part of December and swore I wouldn't do it again. LOL If I can give you any advice, do everything you possibly can before you leave. Christmas cards, bake and freeze, shop and wrap, decorate the house. Then you can relax and really enjoy your time away - or you will be so exhausted, you'll sleep through the first couple of days! But you do not - I repeat, DO NOT, want to come home to all of that holiday madness. If you work ahead, the transition back to reality will go smoother. ANd, hey, we can all lower the expectations a notch or two - for us and our families. My 2 cents.
Yup, minniesota, this is me... NOT!!!:teeth: I am probably the LEAST prepared for the holidays out of anyone I know! If I do go through with this trip though, I will definitely have to pursue your very solid advice about lowering expectations a notch or two!

:hug: Big hug to TammiMcMan for your words of wisdom...

:hug: :hug: Double hugs to CaliforniaDreamer, KerryCM, sfbank, and mmausse... Sending positive thoughts and healthy vibes your way...

... and to the newest future princess: and her family... Congratulations!

Originally posted by steveanddonna
Gee, BT maybe that's what those were in your room in August! Oh, no, that would be chocolate mouse chips, wouldn't it?

steveanddonna...!!!!!!ROTFLMAO!!!:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

floridafam....CONGRATS on the news of another little princess lizard!princess: :cheer2: :thewave:

A little over a year ago, I went thru the beginning of my surgeries and radiation.....you all have my prayers and are in my thoughts!
:grouphug:
Focus on the POSITIVE! And you have us lizards here to talk to ANYTIME!( And ya'll will have my undivided attention soon as I wrap up these last two shows this week.)
Amazing how alot of us PM, email, and even call each other!
Just a wonderful and close group here!:goodvibes

OK....already told one lizard about this.....I booked the AKL's Royal Kuba Suite for those dates (7/27-8/4)!
Couldn't get the Steeplechase on any July or August weekend.:(
But, ya'll KNOW I'll keep on calling!;)

May is still not out, it's just that we won't be at the BWI's Steeplechase now.:(
But, I'll come up with somethingie!;)

johnsonet...you're going to LOVE the AKL CL!!!::yes::
We were there for their first Holiday season, in 2001, and it was wonderful!
Sorta like the WL, except African style!
And the gingerbread African Village is so awesome!
:earseek:

I'm leaving out some "chocolate mousse crisps" :p and zebra domes, etc and the cappucino and cocomotion machines are on!

:wave:

Hey fellow LL's - back from the surgeon, actually 2 surgeons. Was too depressed, agry and upset to post last night. Let's see what y'all think:

Went to the doc's yesterday. He is head of joint replacement program at UVA. He manipulates my knee causing me much discomfort and pain but I guess that was so he could make an accurate assessment. He dislocated my knee - doesn't apologize. He pops it back in - doesn't tell me he does that either. But I keep a stiff upper lip. First he says I can't have the knee replacement surgery because of my allergies, too dangerous to put me under anesthesia. I told him I've had surgery before, just recently, and while extra precautions have to be made, not impossible. Then he says I'm too young. I give him the name, ages of younger people than I who've had the surgery and the docs who performed it. He said those doctors weren't the best - he is. I told him I disagreed with his logic and asked what other criteria he is basing his decision on. He then said "I am not here to listen to you. I don't care what YOU have to say. You are here to listen to me. I am the best. So listen and be quiet." My mouth hit the floor - what a condescending, arrogant, egotistical man. He then says I'm not a candidate because there is apiece of cartilege still in my knee and he doesn't remove cartilege. I ask what was I supposed to do - I can't walk, I can't sleep, I can't exercise, I can't go up steps. My quality of life sucks. His reponse, "Suffer for 30 years and then come back and I'll do the surgery." I didn't know if the man just didn't like dealing with women, americans (He's mideastern), or what. I asked him, "Dr. if I had no cartilege in my knee at all would I be a candidate for total knee replacement surgery." His response, "Oh yes. I would have to do the surgery, age wouldn't matter, because you would have no cartilege. You'd be in so much pain and your quality of life would be minimal." "In other words," I said, "you have the ability to resolve my problem now. The fact that I am in agony doesn't matter to you. The fact that I have virtually no quality in my life, down't matter either. The surgery would resolve my problem 100% and you refuse, Dr., to do it." He just smiled this smug little smile and said, "That's right. Now please leave." He then tossed my chart and walked out. I got dressed and was leaving when I saw my chart lying there. The nurse was bringing another patient into my room, who could see my chart. I took it with me. I hobbled to my car. I was in pain, upset, and visibly shaken. I felt demeaned and abused. But I still had my wits about me. I called and left a message with the dept chair (out of town) and made another appointment with a dif doc.

Tues - saw dif doc today. He said, I am not a typical knee replacement candidate, but I have no other choice. Too much pain and too much damage. He'll do the surgery. I go back in 3 weeks to get scheduled.

1st doc is a jerk. Today I saw another woman in tears at the hosp. She said she talked to the same doc I'd seen & he'd been nasty. So, Lizards should I report doc #1 to anybody or just let situation go?

mmausse REPORT the SOB! First off, he's a sadistic ****** (pardon my French;)) He is obviously also a misogynistic d$%^head:earseek: People like that get away with treating people poorly when no one speaks up. From reading many, many of your posts, I can see that you're no wallflower:teeth: Use any and all means to have someone in the postion to tell HIM who's boss!
I have great respect for wonderful doctors. They don't have to be warm and fuzzy either. But that is just ridiculous! Listen to your gut and do what you think you must!
WHEEEEW! I'm very riled up over this...Once you've had your successful knee replacement and are racing from Concierge Lounge to Concierge Lounge :) you'll be able to look back on this and possibly laugh at the abuse you suffered in his office! Take care:wave2:

Floridafam - CONGRATULATIONS! You are truly blessed.My daughter is the greatest thing that ever happened to me::yes::

BT I can't believe you've reserved the ROYAL KUBA!:rotfl:
As far as I'm concerned...I AM THERE!:moped: :cool1: ;)

Have a good evening everyone. I've gotta go do a shot of Jaegermeister after MMausses's post (just kidding:crazy: )

Congrats Floridafam! We'll have a princess party to celebrate!

Mmause>> I've got a REALLY NICE AND HARD hockey stick to kick his you know what with! Want to borrow it? If not, I can just sic the defenseman on him for you! As someone else said... what a complete SOB! Turn him in!
CaliforniaDreamer, Sfbank and Kerry.... tons of PD your way, and to Mmause. You guys are going through a lot and please know we're all here thinking about you and praying for the best! ((biggiehugs))

Elizabeth>> I hope your mother has a great time! What a wonderful surprise!

Big wave to everyone making plans, and stopping in to say hello! I do have another counter... no, it isn't in time for Christmas, and it will just be DS and I unless DD changes her mind, though she doesn't know her school schedule for next semester yet. I told DH I was going AKL concierge, then he calmed down when I said.. "Pop or a mod, don't worry... the concierge is being booked for this summer... I did tell you about the sorority/lizard meet (s) being planned.. didn't I? Aren't you glad I have such great friends who are just like me and love Disney too? *smirking here*"
I think he half agreed, so I am half way to the summer trip! That, or the guilt set in over Christmas when he knows he's leaving for ten days of hunting starting this Friday!

Sooooo who will still be there January 12th? We'll be getting in around midnight Wednesday, and leaving Monday at 4ish. If we don't stay at AKL, we'll be eating at Boma or Jiko to see the new baby and check on his big brother!

Nighty night lizards! Great game tonight... 10-0! WOO HOOO Jackals!

Debbie

Mmause, I'm aghast. What a monster he was! I would definitely file a written complaint. My word, I can't believe the arrogance and incivility of some people! I'm so glad that you've already seen another doctor who intends to be USEFUL to you!

Floridafam, congratulations on your little princess: on the way. I love my girls more than I ever imagined I could love anyone. I know you'll love having your girls around you, too. Your DH will adjust to the nerves. It won't be that bad for another 14-16 years, right??

BT , you're unbelievable....where do you find the $$$$?????? Are you the bank robber my department is working day and night to locate? :eek: :teeth:

Minniesota, I agree with you in principle. I have my wrapping paper and as many of the presents as I could manage so far, and I hope to have them all wrapped before we go. We're not decorating till we get back because we get a real tree (can anyone tell me how to safely navigate through Christmas with a Siamese kitten, about 9 months old, and FRISKY as all get-out, please? I don't want him scaling the tree at night, and he seems to love chewing paper and cardboard, so I won't be able to put out the presents either....wah!). I'm hoping that the fun of the holiday preparations will take out the sting of returning home...and the depression of working midnights all through Christmas itself...

CaliforniaDreamer, you're in my prayers.

God bless, all....I'm packing it in for the night.

Love,

Kris

mmause That makes my blood boil. Go get him!!!! Do not let him get away with that $%#%#^%$.

I just want to b...slap him upside his head.:mad: :mad: :mad:

#1hockeymom So I guess I won't see you around the AKL in 36 days. Oh shucks.

johnoset I will see you! BTW, your daughter is adorable.

Well, I'm off to bed. My son is whining because the WL doesn't have high speed internet access. :mad: :mad: :mad:

Hi everyone! I've lurked on this thread on and off for months now and have posted on occasion. I just read mmause's post and I'm so appalled that I had to reply. I know you're going through so much right now, mmause, but you'd be doing yourself and other patients a huge disservice by not reporting that MONSTER! There are many great docs out there, but I've had my fair share of situations similar to this over the years, so I'm very familiar with the severly bedside-manner impaired. Was anyone with you when this happened? I wouldn't let this rest until his head was rolling (or dislocated)! Just wanted you to know that you have the support of fellow Dis'ers and I wish you a speedy recovery.

Mmause, yes, definitely report the jerk. You owe it to future patients. And when you get your knee fixed use it to kick him in the ... oh, never mind. Just report him. And I suggest writing it down so it's calm and unemotional and can't be ignored.

Thank you Debbie, Storybookmum, Goofy's muse, steveanddonna... your positive thoughts for the surgeon to give me a surgery date tomorrow much appreciated! (didn't come today).

I cancelled the PSs... it hurt. I have to call tomorrow and cancel everything else - I didn't want to tie up the phone for very long.

Mmause - That's outrageous! I've not had fond dealings with UVA...they are terrific in some areas, but digusting in others. Just to give you an idea, they allowed a premature baby to simply die. They did not try to revive her or put her in NICU. She was ALIVE when she was born. The mother was 6 months pregnant at the time. The child was at a survivable age. For pete's sake, my little sister was born when my mother was 6 months along and she is alive and well today. The mother didn't have insurance. They told her they don't revive children that age. HOGWASH! I think it was because she didn't have medical insurance. Completely and utterly digusting! On the other hand, a friend's husband had a rare, but fatal heart condition and they were able to perform a fairly new surgery on him to save his life. I have mixed emotions about this hospital. Do speak with management on this issue. Keep on climbing until you get an answer. There is no excuse for his behavior. In the meantime, I say let's borrow Debbie's hockey stick.....

BT - Royal Kuba - :hyper:

So, we are on!!! :teeth:

Mmause I cannot stand rudness. I tell my patients that if they do not like the treatment they receive it is a consumers service do something about it and they have the right to voice there opinion.
Some of the worst offenders of rudness in my department are visiting ortho docs. We had a Dr. ( not US born) in our dept for a short while. He told me once that I was JUST a nurse and I had to do what ever he told me. WELL that didn't fly. After all of us started writing letters about his conduct it took about 6 mo for him to be fired!!!
So I would write a letter and send it to his boss and the state of healing arts where you live!

To all of you that are haveing health issues PD and prayers coming your way.::yes:: ::yes::

Floridafam, Congrats GIRLS RULE! princess:

I have had this week off trying to get pre christmas stuff done, NOT GOING WELL! My DH told me last night he didn't want the christmas stuff up this early. So it looks like I will get it out myself. Shoping almost done:Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc

I have ressies at SOG for the time of the summer Lizard meet. I think it would be great to meet some of you. :wave: :wave:

Have a great day!

mmause - Yes you must report this doctor. I work in a hospital, and this is definitely something that needs to be reported. Contact the hospital's Quality and Risk department and give them all the details. And don't forget to mention about the chart being left where others could see it. That is a HIPAA (federal law) violation.

As for him thinking you are too young for a total knee replacement, that is just old fashioned thinking. I work with someone who went through the same thing. The new thinking (from younger doctors more recently out of school) is to do the surgery. Worst case scenario is that you might have to have it done again in 30 years, but you get your life back.

I hope you also registered a complaint and filed a lawsuit against the facility when they put you in anaphylatic shock, with the smelling salts. If your allergy is in your chart, this is a slam dunk.

Working in a hospital it gets me so angry when a healthcare professional does something like this. It gives everyone a bad reputation.

OK off my soapbox now.....

:hug: :hug: for CaliforniaDreamer, sfbank, KerryCM and mmause you are in our thoughts and prayers. Lots of PD for you all.

CONGRATULATIONS Floridafam! your getting a princess: !!!!!!

I have 2 wonderful princess: princess: and they are just so precious I know you and your DH will adore her.

Concierge!

Had to say it to keep on topic..... :rotfl:

BT ..... YEAH!!!! My plans right now are to be at AKL 7/28-7/30...although I have not made ressies yet. For anyone that is in WDW at that time, don't feel that you HAVE to be at AKL...when we did the "mini meet" last August we were at different hotels...we can all meet up for something.

I am so excited about the upcoming short trip I have planned. We will be staying at POP for the marathon. We are pulling the boys out of school for a few days (already cleared with their teachers). I am trying to make it a TOTAL surprise...wake him up for school and then drive to the airport. We will see if I can do it! I am also excited because I am going to be a Volunteer Team Leader at a Water Stop for the marathon. It sounds FUN!

To all that need it...Prayers and PD...especially mmausse and californiadreaming....

Have a great day all!

mmause: I am so sorry that that doctor is such a JERK. I cannot believe the way he talked to you. I would ABSOLUTELY report him. You are in my prayers.

californiadreamer: Prayers are on the way for you.

BT: You are wonderful. Those dates may work for me too.

#1HM: Eddie and I will be at Pop January 14 - January 17 and would love to catch up with you and your son. Keep me posted.

Floridafam: Congrats on you little princess.

Mmause...I am apalled! I agree with the others and then some. I would also write to whatever the local professional association is, AMA probably, and (while I know this might be physically impossible) RUN to the nastiest attorney in your town. I am not one who believes in lawsuits, as they do up our collective medical costs, however this is one case where I would be slapping that SOB with paperwork. I might not ask for anything more than court costs, attorney fees, $1.00 and a public apology but I would sue the rat!

To everyone else who needs a hug...consider yourselves well and truly hugged.

I am usually finished with my Christmas shopping by now...I hate crowds...but cannot get enthused this year. It must be the upcoming trip (we're paying for all of our kids...5...two sons in law, and three grandchildren...all on the Gold Plan, although the girls and their hubbies will not be in deluxe resorts)...just not sure what to buy them after this trip. I could let them each pick out a gift while at the world...except the boys who will come home from college for Christmas... Does anyone have any Christmas Spirit you can blow this way? *deep sigh*

Leaving a pot of Double Bergamont Earl Grey tea and some fresh dried cherry scones with honey butter on the buffet.

Have a day!:sunny:

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter