~Have you ever been on a WDW ride....~

PrincessCandaceMarie

DIS Veteran
and before it started, you thought, heck, this is going to be fun, not scary, etc., then from beginning to end, you can't wait to get off? Not realizing before you got on it how crazy/scary/etc. it actually was? :jumping2:

Nope! However, if I had ridden Mission Space, I might have had a different answer! ;)

Yup MS last April. OMG! I stared straight ahead and screamed till it was over. I am so glad no one was ill when I was on it! I hear they have tamed it. Do I dare do it again????? :bounce:

Does Summit Plummet at Blizzard Beach count? :umbrella: I'm a thrill ride junkie, I'll ride any roller coaster, free fall ride, or spinning ride--they don't bother me.

DH talked me into Summit Plummet in October, I thought, "it can't be that bad". It WAS!! I was terrified the entire way down. At least I can say I did it, but I'm NEVER doing it again.

Krista princess:

Yes, Tower of Terror! When I was there in April of 2003, I got stuck on this ride and had to walk off of it. And the lady setting next to me did not help either, she was screaming her head off and saying I want off of this ride! Even though this ride scares me to death, I still go on it!

Tower of Terror for me too!
I typically love roller coasters and do not get motion sickness so I really didn't have any reservations about going on Tower of Terror. But about mid-way through, I got a queasy stomach and knew it was too late to get off. I stayed real quiet when DS leaned over and said "I'm a little scared." I couldn't answer him for fear of what would escape my lips... I didn't get sick and I screamed bloody murder for all the drops - I think I was nearly in tears at the end because when it was over, nearly everyone on the ride stood up and turned around to see who was freaking out so badly. My body didn't stop shaking for over 45 minutes after the ride was over. I'll never do that one again.
DH and DS have since been on it two or three more times. I just wait at the market at the bottom.

LOL...this thread is funny!

Now, had I gone on Summit Plummit, I would probably have the same to say about it as aladdinsgirl!! I can do any roller coaster or what not, but free falling water slides are not my cup of tea. And zen1, that may have been me. Although, I think it was in May of 03. I was on with my DH and I HATE elevators - ironic, isn't it that I love this ride! It broke down for about 15 min in complete darkness. I was so SCARED! I don't think I yelled but I was almost in tears. Pathetic I know! :rolleyes:

I guess the only ride that was very different from what I was expecting was RnRC. My family and I rode it when it FIRST opened. We had heard nothing about it. My boyfriend, at the time, was with us and was the only one to see it take off. The rest of us didn't know what was coming. We didnt' even realize it was going to turn us upside down. Let's just say that we bought that family picture. It was the funniest thing I have ever seen. ALL of our faces were pure terror! Funny thing, my mom knoew what is going to happen and to this day, she can't stop that face from being plastered on! LOL :scared:

DS16 talked me into RnR. I'm not much for roller coasters at ALL, but he said this one was different....you'll never know you're upside down, etc. WRONG! I was frantic and KNEW exactly when i was upside, even with my eyes closed.....Ok, I peeked for a second..... Horrible! I actually gave it another try. Nope. Nearly puked on the take off. I'll be on TOT while he's on that from now on!

not because it's scary, though, I love roller coasters. But it is murder on my back! This time I jammed my feet against the end of the car to try to put enough pressure and pushed my head against the head rest. It was better, but still pretty rough. I do love the theming of it.

yep...TOT

My BF and I both love pretty much all the same rides at amusement parks. I'm not into "dropping" type rides but he really wanted to go on TOT at MGM. I made him go on it alone to see how it was. He came off grinning ear to ear and said "you're gonna love it. It's great. Have I ever steered you wrong?" So, I obliged and got in line with him. I was so nervous and he kept telling me how great it was and how much I would love it. I saw all the kids around and thought "it can't be that bad, all these kids are getting on it"....shortly thereafter, well, after the first of 6 drops...I freaked out...started crying and couldn't catch my breath!!! It was the worst thing ever! I really thought I was going to like it and I hated every second of it!!

I'm 26 and I was crying at the end of TOT...I admit it!

A second vote for Dinosaur at AK!!! I had no idea it was a thrill ride. AK was still fairly new when I went so I hadn't heard/read much about it. I remember screaming so I wouldn't hear the ROARS and gripping the bar til my hands hurt....oh, it all coming back to me now......

PrincessCandaceMarie said:
and before it started, you thought, heck, this is going to be fun, not scary, etc., then from beginning to end, you can't wait to get off? Not realizing before you got on it how crazy/scary/etc. it actually was? :jumping2:

Boy, did you describe what happened to me on AstroOrbiter perfectly! Before one trip, I realized I'd never been on it, and in the spirit of "try everything in MK at least once", I told DH I wanted to go on it. I should have stopped when I saw that very sceptical look and questioning "Are you sure?" I was petrified on the ride, screamed the whole time, and for several minutes afterwards, I kept repeating "I can't believe I actually wanted to go on that-" crying/laughing/screaming/shaking-take your pick. It was right after that that DH talked me into my first ride on SM-as he said, "After AstroOrbiter, you'll find SM tame!' And I did!

Yes!!! On that Extra-Terrorestriel Encounter. I HATED EVERY MINUTE!!! I am soooo glad it was changed :D

No way! In my adult life there hasn't been a single ride that scared me when I was on it, and I've tried all sorts of thrill rides! However, I refuse to try M:S because of the likelihood of someone else getting sick in the pod with me (my worst fear!). Also, I've never dared do those catapult things (not at WDW).

Mine is Mission Space. DS8 at the time, was begging to go on so I took one for the team and went with him. Let me just say that it is a miracle that I did not pass out. In the beginning of the ride(I guess the spinning part) I really felt faint. Then I kept thinking if I pass out who will take care of my son. It was truly an amazing ride, but I don't think I need to do it again. He of course conned my DH into riding it with him twice. :crazy2:

Space Mountain! I'm a chicken but I tried that one. I screamed so bad and felt like I was going to puke. It took me all day to get over that one. DH didn't pest me to try any of the other "thrill rides". We're going in a couple of weeks and I'm going to try BTMRR and Splash. Hope that goes a little better!
:rolleyes1

The first time I ever rode Rock n Roller coaster I thought I was going to lose my lunch :crazy2::eek: :scared: I'm not a big roller coaster fan to begin with and the anticipation for that one was killing me! But after that first time, I can't get enough of it. It's one of my favorites! :jumping2:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter