~Have you ever been on a WDW ride....~

MS!!! I loved the queing area and the theme of it all. But the ride itself was just not for me. The entire time I was wishing I would have sat out with the others in my party. I will not ride this again. There are a few other rides that I think twice while Im on them, but this is one that I will not ride again.

Dinosaur. It's not that it's scary but it is really rough. Even with the seatbelt on it jostles me so much that I have a hard time staying in my seat.

Not scary, but unpleasant - the Triceratops-whatever at AK. DW and I wedged ourselves in, and I found it to be the jerkiest and most annoying ride I'd been on in a long time. Couldn't wait for it to end....

ToT!!! We rode it in August of 2003. No big deal. We actually liked it. So, when dd and I went again in Dec. '03, we figured let's do it again. Well, seems we got the wussy sequence in Aug!! The computer gave us a sequence that almost killed me in Dec. We got off it and have not been back on since!! Two visits to WDW since then and we just walk right on by that one!!!

Ibelieveinfairies said:
I couldn't wait to get off of Dinosaur at AK...too much sensory overload or something...I just wanted off!

This one and Splash Mountain, too! Of course, I love SM now, but Dinosaur isn't something I'm likely to try again.

Jamie

aladdinsgirl said:
Does Summit Plummet at Blizzard Beach count? :umbrella: I'm a thrill ride junkie, I'll ride any roller coaster, free fall ride, or spinning ride--they don't bother me.

DH talked me into Summit Plummet in October, I thought, "it can't be that bad". It WAS!! I was terrified the entire way down. At least I can say I did it, but I'm NEVER doing it again.

Krista princess:
OMG yes, me too, I did the SP and I was freaking out too! :rotfl:

When planning our first family trip back to MK, I went out of my way NOT to know anything about the rides at any park so the discovery of each would be memorable and fun.
So, we were at the MK on an Epass night, it was late(11pm), dark and Tomorrowland was still a puzzle to us as we wandered with a park map searching for rides which sounded interesting. Since MK was about to close, we settled on the Transit Autority, calming,oothing & relaxing, as our last ride. Fearless DS11 was ok, timid DS9 liked the idea and wide-eyed DD7 was very happy not to be pressured into something scary.
We waited in line, marched from room to room as the build up (?) to TA increased...it seemed a bit much for what they described on the park map, but ok.
It dawned on us only after we were seated and a hydraulic restrait was coming over our heads that, maybe, we were on the wrong ride. You guessed it...Alien Encounter and all of its fury!
As parents, we were terrified allright, at the show for sure, but mostly of the pscy. damage we were doing to our daughter (our DS9 was on his own)...this was the longest period of time we ever endured, hoping it would end soon as I covered her face with a hat.
She held tight as I carried her out...to terrified to cry, just BIG, BIG eyes and a stone cold expression. She wanted a Skippy stuffed animal on the way out...I would've bought the gift shop had she asked....
Think thats it? The next morning we were at AK. The park map described a ride I interpreted as an edcuational trip through time learnig about prehistoric animals...yep, Dinosaur!

HomeSweetDisney said:
The first time I ever rode Rock n Roller coaster I thought I was going to lose my lunch :crazy2::eek: :scared: I'm not a big roller coaster fan to begin with and the anticipation for that one was killing me! But after that first time, I can't get enough of it. It's one of my favorites! :jumping2:

Same here!

Jamie

YES - PRIMEVAL WHIRL IN AK!!!!!!!!!!

No way is that ride called "fun"!!!!!!!!!! I love ALL rides but this one is a joke!!

Absolutely hated it - so many bruises on different parts of my body!!!!

Trying to protect a screaming daughter!!

I cant believe the height restrictions on this are so low, be prepared if you ride it - IT HURTS!!!!!!!!!!!

Dinosaur
More for my kids than for me. (although I was scared too ;) )

The funny thing is this is the only real thrill type ride we did, and we even asked the CM because my kids were small and not thrill seekers, she said "no its wasn't bad" riiiiight..........
I thought it was going to be like the jungle cruise with dinosaurs.

My DD's cried and screamed and buried their heads into me as soon as it started till it ended.

It was pretty darn intense

TheIncredibles said:
It dawned on us only after we were seated and a hydraulic restrait was coming over our heads that, maybe, we were on the wrong ride. You guessed it...Alien Encounter and all of its fury!

:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

Too funny.

I have a feeling that if I ride ToT in March, I'll be posting in this thread :sad2:

California Screamin' at Disney's California Adventure. Yikes! NEVER again!!! :earseek:

this is for 3 rides i like now but still
1.splash mountain i likked it when i 1st rode it but when i went again i was too scared to go on it also my sister was as well so i stayed with my mum and i fell asleep (i was about 9-10 yrs old) then the thing i remember was the other sister who went on it hitting me on the head
2.RNRC i went on it the 1st time and hated it all i did was had my eyes closed and everytime i opened them i thought we were going upside-down but i rode it again and might soon
3.space mountain i was scared of riding it and didn't even go on it the 3rd time we went because i thought they were 2 seaters but 1 seaters
rides im to scared to go on are: TOT Dinosaur really thats it
oh another ride i dont like is malestrom because of the trolls and i just thought i wont ride the haunted mansion either
im a scardey cat of these rides and im 12!!! i thought teens liked these kind of rides
i guess not
:p

Yes, Tower of Terror, but I didn't hate it.

I've been on plently of drop rides, so I thought nothing of Tower or Terror. I should mention, I'm really big on safety harnesses, seatbelts, etc.. on rides. Most drop rides I've been on have over the shoulder harnesses, or something fairy substantial, so I was more than a big freaked that ToT only used a seatbelt! Needless to say, the flying up out of my seat everytime we dropped made it a lot more scarrier than I thought it would be. But still fun!!!

OMG!! that's right. My FIRST ride on my FIRST trip was Alien Encounter. I was sooooo frightened. I screamed like a kook. :scared1: :scared1: But I did it again the next time. Now it's gone. I'll have to check Stitch this April.

Yep, I had forgotten Primeval Whirl. Maybe I just blocked it out!!! I absolutely hate this attraction. Only problem is my dh and dd love it. I'm not sure what it is about it that makes my stomach heave but it does. Maybe it's the turning and dropping at the same time. I did find that if I close my eyes, my stomach is much better. That's the only way I can do that ride. And my dh and dd like me to do it, otherwise they put two strangers in with them!!! Man, what I do for my family!!!!

Not a Disney ride but has anyone done Ripsaw Falls at IOA, now I love Splash Mountain, but I cried and cried when I came off the falls (I am 26), partly it was the lack of safety bars and partly the HUGE drop.

Yeah - RIPSAW FALLS!!!

There are a lot of warnings on this ride, and I didnt think it was too bad, but its the ending that got me!!

First you have to contend with BIG DROP, then when you think its all over, some sadistic park goers wait at the top with their quarters in the machine, ready to blast you with ice cold water at the end!!!

(I have to say though, that I indeed became a sadistic park goer on our second visit :teeth: :teeth: :teeth: !!! GREAT FUN!!!)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter