~Have you ever been on a WDW ride....~

Not at WDW but a disnyland Paris. Indiana Jones backwards, For some reason it didnt occur to me that it was a rollercoaster, let alone that it went upsidedown a million times! I've never been so scared in my life I was shaking for hours after and still have nightmares! Space mountain at DLP also scared me as I made mum do a 'test ride' and she insisted it was just like BTM just in the dark with 'pretty views and you can see the moon' Lying little madam! I couldnt see anything and dug my nails into my palms so much i had dents! :rotfl:

I have two:
The first Time I rode Dinosaur I didn't know what to expect. I knew it was going to be rough, but I didn't know that they would have huge audioanimatronic dinosaurs lunging at you. :eek: I was terrified! I don't like being surprised by things jumping out (I still don't like the heads popping up in the Haunted Mansion). But, I have to admit that the photo at the end was hilarious, I was cowering with both hands up to my ears and somehow looking right at the camera. I still wish I had bought that picture. I have since ridden it quite a few times and wasn't quite as scared, but that's mainly because I have my eyes closed for most of it. :smooth:

The second one is Primeval Whirl. Watching it, it looked so fun and smooth. Once I was on it I was slammed back and forth so hard I has bruises on my arms. Our vehicle did not spin, it lurched violently. I haven't ridden it since, but in the back of my mind I wonder if we didn't have a properly working vehicle. Maybe someday, when there isn't a line, I'll try it again. :o

It's funny -- I had the same experience on Astro Orbiter as Simba's Mom! Before DD was tall enough for Space Mountain, DH would go there and she and I would ride TTA & Buzz. I had never been on AO before so she and I hopped on once. How hard can it be? I will love the view from above, right?

WRONG! It went so fast I thought I would be hurled out and splattered all over Tomorrowland. DD flew the jet as high as possible and I kept telling her to put us down and she laughed and laughed. She still mocks me telling her to put that thing down.

So everytime we go I try to get DH to take DD on it, but he won't do it yet. I was pretty shocked at my own reaction, because our whole family is a bunch of coaster fanatics.

I hate to sounds like I'm jumping on the bandwagon, but...

When I went to WDW for Mousefest, I had already heard many of the complaints about Stitch's Great Escape. However, I went in with a completely open mind, expecting nothing.

Well, I got exactly what I had exected - nothing at all. No storyline, the same Audio-Anmatronics figures with new wardrobes, no plot, neither thrills nor chills, etc. I have to say that in the more than 50+ visits I have made to WDW, it is the worst of the worst attractions ever. That being said, the Stitch AA figure was impressive, clearly showing where the bulk of the attraction's budget went.

That being said, I have heard that the ride will go down in Feb. after the break for a minor "update", which I hope will resolve some of these issues. I also understand that the ride is scheduled for a major overhaul in the future, which I hope can save an attraction that clearly was rushed into place to sell Stitch merchandise.

(Lou steps off soapbox and goes back to work) :earsboy:

luvsTink said:
The Hall of Presidents :teeth:

:rotfl2: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:
Oh my gosh that just struck me funny.

As for me:
Mission Space - Oh I was ok until we came out of "hyper sleep" after that - no way. :sad2:
I was soooo happy we didn't have to go back to Earth or I would have surely died.

The other Space Mtn. Now I do like that ride but I am thinking this thing is a little old, if this sucker derails we are dead for sure.

I HATED Mission Space. When they closed the capsule, I felt trapped and then I felt sick. I was with my three kids (Hubby was smart enough to wait for us outside) 9,7,3 and I just kept telling myself not to throw up or lose it!
Would not go on it again. I hated the "tomb" like feeling more than anything. I rode a space simulator at the Kennedy Space Centre and really enjoyed that one. :sick:

I like the Hall of Presidents post.

ToT my first time I had the thought, "what I am doing on this ride" as the elevator doors closed. After the first ride, I wait until we are locked into place to start the falling then ask myself that question. Now I am looking forward to checking out the ToT at DCA. I've heard that it is not as good, but I will be on it at least once to make my own decision.

The only ride I refuse to get on at least once is the Maliboomer at DCA. I've watched many people with the look of "can I get off" before they are shot up in the air. Too chicken for it.

My opinion of Stitch's Great Escape was the same at it was before. I laughed through both of them. My 2 sisters were terrified on Alien Encounter. That made that fun. Stitch, I just thought it was funny.

Now don't laugh, but Body Wars did me in. From the minute they closed that door, I couldn't wait to get out!!!

cobbler said:
The other Space Mtn. Now I do like that ride but I am thinking this thing is a little old, if this sucker derails we are dead for sure.

:rotfl2: :rotfl2:

That's what I think about sometimes when I'm on it!

Jamie

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter