Have you ever invited a freind or family member to the DIS boards

I've invited some of my cousins who are Canadian to join after I have seen an interesting Canadian thread or comment. I include a link to the post in my e-mails to them.
So far no luck. I do get asked by one cousin about my "Goofy Canadian Friends" from time to time.

Lol, I don't know anyone in real life who shares my Disney obsession. I have recommended it to some friends that were planning trips to Disney World, but to the best of my knowledge they never checked it out or joined. Not big on planning I guess.

No. I'll occasionally mention something I read about on here to a friend or a family member but I'm really evasive about where "here" is. I accept that I have to be "friends" with my mom and MIL on Facebook but I don't want them here, commenting on all my comments.

Lol, I don't know anyone in real life who shares my Disney obsession. I have recommended it to some friends that were planning trips to Disney World, but to the best of my knowledge they never checked it out or joined. Not big on planning I guess.

we probably all started out here with a Disney Obsession, but once you start posting on the Community Board its not really that anymore, aint so ?

I used to mention it when someone would ask me for trip planning advice. I don’t know if anyone ended up coming here or not. Or if they stayed? I kind of hope not. I like to be anonymous. This is my social media. I don’t do Facebook or Instagram or Snapchat.

we probably all started out here with a Disney Obsession, but once you start posting on the Community Board its not really that anymore, aint so ?
Yeah, now I mainly visit community board, it's fun to read other people's drama! I used to hang more frequently on the budget board because I'm cheap, and I was more active on the other ones when I was planning my last trip :)

You're right. I came to the Dis initially in a search for more information about the parks, resorts, restaurants, etc., and stayed to keep myself informed. I started expanding beyond Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies, Resorts, and Restaurants and got hooked on the "I love credit cards" thread on the Budget Board. Then I recently discovered the Community Board and it's just pretty much not even about Disney anymore, just "hanging out" with like-minded people (or people who sometime agree to disagree, haha) without having to actually put myself out there.

Nope this is my incognito space!

I actually joined 6 mos earlier than my joined date but dumb me did so under my first name initial and last name. Once I realized I didn't necessarily want people to be able to google and find me, I re-registered.

You're right. I came to the Dis initially in a search for more information about the parks, resorts, restaurants, etc., and stayed to keep myself informed. I started expanding beyond Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies, Resorts, and Restaurants and got hooked on the "I love credit cards" thread on the Budget Board. Then I recently discovered the Community Board and it's just pretty much not even about Disney anymore, just "hanging out" with like-minded people (or people who sometime agree to disagree, haha) without having to actually put myself out there.

thats my story also, but many years before yours

After I quit being a moderator on the community board back in early 2002, my wife, Marie, joined up. She was a pretty active participant (only here on the community board) on through 2005, when this board started getting weird. She left then, has never been back. She's been to a lot of Chicago area dis meets in the past (we used to have at least 3 meets a year), but none in a long time as there are no meets anymore. I've had her quote in my signature since 2002.

ladybed2.gif

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter