Have you gotten a COVID vaccine?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm scheduled for J&J on 4/24. Has anyone had J&J and had any severe side effects? I haven't heard of too many people that have had that one since its newer.

My coworker's 40 y/o son had a very high fever with it (spiked to 105) and all kinds of symptoms I believe related to the high fever. This was 2 days ago. He's okay now, just fatigue. My other coworker had it (60) and he had a 101 fever for about 6 hours. Otherwise nothing else.

DH had Pfizer on Saturday. He just told me last night that her had hives for a few days after. They would come and go. He had a few on his neck and at least one on his stomach. He does tend to get hives for what appears to be no reason. He didn't tell me because he didn't want me to worry or make him go to the doctor.

My DH and I became eligible in CT on March 19th. It took about a week for us both to get appointments. On Thursday the 25th, first thing in the morning when I got up a few minutes after 6 a.m., I got an appointment at a CVS a few towns over. Even though it only took a few minutes to do it, when I went back in to get one for DH, ALL of the CVSs in the area were fully booked. So the next morning, the 26th, I got on at the same time and I got one for DH at the same CVS, for the following day, at the same time.

So my appointment was on Monday morning (the 29th). It was very simple and pleasant. They had a table at the door of the store and a very nice lady filled out a card and took my temperature. Then I followed the orange arrows to the pharmacy, where another lady was waiting for me. It took all of one or two minutes total. Then I had to go sit down for 10 minutes in an aisle where they'd removed much of the merchandise. After the 10 minutes, I could then get up and walk around for 5 minutes, but I had to stay in the store. After that I was free to leave, I didn't have to check in with anyone.

My arm was sore all day, but I otherwise felt fine. Just before I went to bed, I started having some unusual shooting pains in my armpit - never had them before. I sleep on that arm, so when I woke up yesterday morning, it was still sore. I went with DH to his appointment and while I sat there in the car, waiting for him, I realized that the ache was gone. No soreness today either, but I do have a headache and am more tired than usual. And feeling quite irritable. (But it's dreary weather here today, which I'm sensitive to, so it may not be vaccine-related). DH reports no side effects other than the sore arm this morning. We both got the Pfizer.

I’m scheduled for shot one of Moderna on Friday. I don’t think I can do it.

Happy for all of you that got it and feel good about it.

I got my first dose of Pfizer yesterday. I was really emotional, which I wasn't expecting. I can't imagine hot mess I'll be when I get my second shot in 3 weeks. My husband has his first shot of Moderna couple weeks ago. I'm so thrilled and blessed by the end of April we will be fully vaccinated as well as both our moms and my husband's 88 year old Grandma. I'm going to be giving lots hugs!

I wrote this yesterday around 8:30EST and by about 11am or so I felt like crud. It's very similar how I feel after a flu shot. Just tired and achy and like I'm trying to run underwater, moving slow and I switched between cold and hot all day. It was difficult to slug through the day and I have some brain fog today but no where near how yesterday was.

I didn't really know what to expect with shot #1. I was pleasantly surprised at how easy the process was, once I got an appointment.
I will get shot #2 of Moderna this afternoon. I feel it's allowing me to take a big, much safer step back to normal life.

Got the shot yesterday morning. Felt "fuzzy" most of the day, and extra tired. I took advil every 4 hours to keep symptoms at bay and that seemed to help a lot. Today just a dull headache. I'm glad I'm done with the process! Moving forward to a healthier US!
Sounds like your area is well organized. Up here we're having to wait...

Why don't you think you can do it? Do you have any questions or concerns that maybe the people here could answer for you, or help you find answers for?

Nobody can answer that because nobody knows. There has never been a messenger RNA vaccine before. I’m concerned about long term autoimmune issues developing. I am not an anti vaxxer, never refused a shot in my life. I’d do the J&J which is made from dead Covid like a traditional vaccine but nothing will assuage my fears about mRNA except time.

I know how you feel. I don't like getting vaccines period. The anxiety is awful. I was mentally miserable for 4 days prior to the vaccine. I don't think you're alone in that feeling. Several people I talk to regularly are just very nervous about it. I'm sorry you feel so bad--I wish I had some comforting words but you just have to get through it. You'll feel fabulous once done.

I know how you feel. I don't like getting vaccines period. The anxiety is awful. I was mentally miserable for 4 days prior to the vaccine. I don't think you're alone in that feeling. Several people I talk to regularly are just very nervous about it. I'm sorry you feel so bad--I wish I had some comforting words but you just have to get through it. You'll feel fabulous once done.
Both a mental hurdle but a milestone, I guess...

That’s not it if you read my previous post. I just canceled. I had three sleepless nights since they scheduled me. Might now cause me problems at work, but I’d rather deal with that and another employee have the opportunity to get it that otherwise would have had to wait. If I can get the J&J at some point I’ll do it, or if I learn enough about mRNA to get a comfort level I’d consider the others but I am not there.

That’s not it if you read my previous post. I just canceled. I had three sleepless nights since they scheduled me. Might now cause me problems at work, but I’d rather deal with that and another employee have the opportunity to get it that otherwise would have had to wait. If I can get the J&J at some point I’ll do it, or if I learn enough about mRNA to get a comfort level I’d consider the others but I am not there.

No I didn't realize you had cancelled.

Nobody can answer that because nobody knows. There has never been a messenger RNA vaccine before. I’m concerned about long term autoimmune issues developing. I am not an anti vaxxer, never refused a shot in my life. I’d do the J&J which is made from dead Covid like a traditional vaccine but nothing will assuage my fears about mRNA except time.

I like to think of it as the kids getting the polio vaccine on the sugar cube - no one knew 100% that it would work, but polio sucked, and it was worth giving it a shot.

Medical science doesn't try to get it wrong - they make breakthroughs as much for themselves as society, since they always tend to get the 1st shots (see them in the Covid priority line:)), so they've got a lot of incentive to make sure they are getting it right.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter