Have you gotten a COVID vaccine?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I read this without seeing the post you quoted, so I didn’t have any context. I thought you were talking about drinking alcohol, like you have vaccine anxiety or something so your plan was to go on a multi-day bender to get through it! :rotfl:

Now that's a plan. 😉

Actually I am not drinking (alcohol) at all right now. It was supposed to end today but I extended it to Mid-May (my birthday) because my second shot is on 5/5. I was looking forward to a margarita for Cinco de Mayo but I guess I will have to be satisfied with Lime Gatorade.

Now that's a plan. 😉

Actually I am not drinking (alcohol) at all right now. It was supposed to end today but I extended it to Mid-May (my birthday) because my second shot is on 5/5. I was looking forward to a margarita for Cinco de Mayo but I guess I will have to be satisfied with Lime Gatorade.
I was pretty sure that was the case, so I was surprised to see you had fallen off the wagon so hard. And, when I saw @wenrob say that she had done the exact same thing, I started to think I went about this vaccine thing the wrong way! :drinking: The symptoms won’t matter if you can’t even feel ‘em, amirite?

Myself, my S/O, my sister, and my mom's husband all got our second Pfizer shots yesterday.

Me - a TINY bit of a sore arm, less than the first shot. No other side effects. Honestly got worried she didn't push the plunger in with the dose, but that's just me being paranoid because no side-effects.

S/O - Sore arm. Same as first.

Sister - Sore arm.

Mom's Husband - Nothing at all. He had a sore arm with the first. He was convinced they didn't give it to him (he wasn't looking), but the pharmacist at my mom's company gave it to him and she saw them do it.

So....no side effects here.
SO...update.

Apparently my S/O DID have side effects. lmao. This boy is like "I had the chills all night last night. It finally started going away at 4am when I took tylenol. I didn't tell you because I didn't want you to freak out." Meanwhile I was nagging him because he wouldn't wake up in the morning and freaking out because I DIDN'T have side effects. LOL. What? He's so dumb sometimes I swear...aha

I swear the Gatorade thing helped with my 2nd.

Hard to know if the Gatorade for fluid theory works though because you wouldn't know what happened if you had not done it. I didn't do anything. No extra drinking, no Gatorade, nothing. I had no side effects for my second shot. My friend did the whole fluids thing and ended up with a fever, chills, body aches, horrible headache, and so on.

But, hey, it doesn't hurt, right?

DS just got his second shot! (Pfizer)

Reporting back on his. - Sore arm and kind of tired the day after, and ran a slight fever yesterday, but said he felt OK.

Scratch that - he just woke up with chills and vomiting. Poor kid. ☹

Afternoon update - doing much better. 😃 Hopefully it was just a quick thing and not part of an up and down cycle. Fingers crossed!

Last edited:
Hard to know if the Gatorade for fluid theory works though because you wouldn't know what happened if you had not done it. I didn't do anything. No extra drinking, no Gatorade, nothing. I had no side effects for my second shot. My friend did the whole fluids thing and ended up with a fever, chills, body aches, horrible headache, and so on.

But, hey, it doesn't hurt, right?
Yeah, there really is no way to know for sure. Aside from the low grade fever for about 48 hrs that didn’t really stop me from going about my day I did feel much better than with the first where I had brain fog and extreme fatigue.

It's almost been 48 hours since my 2nd dose and I think I can safely say I haven't had any real side effects. :dogdance: I felt a little warm but no fever 12 hours and again 24 hours after my shot, and at 24 hours I started to feel a little achy but it didn't last long....took a tylenol and I felt better. My arm was barely sore after this last shot too. :thumbsup2

DH got his second yesterday...he never has side effects after vaccinations and he's had a lot as a veteran. LoL He does say his arm hurts alot more than usual but he also said the person doing his shot was really rough...but other than that, he feels good.

My dad got his 2nd the same day as me. Last night(more than 24 hours post shot) he said he felt tired and a little out of it but today he feels back to normal.

It’s the long term effects which can’t be known.

Well, we know the virus is causing many long term effects. Some people experience enlarged hearts or damaged lungs or kidneys. About 1 in 4 people who test positive for COVID-19 end up with cognitive issues or mental health issues. The long-term effects of the virus can be devastating. The vaccine is a much safer choice! There's no way I'd choose the virus knowing what we know about its long term effects.

Well, we know the virus is causing many long term effects. Some people experience enlarged hearts or damaged lungs or kidneys. About 1 in 4 people who test positive for COVID-19 end up with cognitive issues or mental health issues. The long-term effects of the virus can be devastating. The vaccine is a much safer choice! There's no way I'd choose the virus knowing what we know about its long term effects.

That’s the logical way to look at it today, but it doesn’t make the way we have rushed into these vaccines a safe idea. Only time will prove that out. Hopefully it remains so.

That’s the logical way to look at it today, but it doesn’t make the way we have rushed into these vaccines a safe idea. Only time will prove that out. Hopefully it remains so.

It actually wasn't rushed. Remember when there was the SARS outbreak about 10 years ago? They began developing a vaccine for it then. SARS is a type of coronavirus like COVID-19. So, vaccine developers used their work on the SARS vaccine but updated it for the COVID-19 virus.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter