Have yourself a merry little Christmas... PTR

Thanks for that link! I just added the place settings to my Pinterest board!

I'm off to London next weekend for a business event, however I'm meeting up with a friend on Friday to check out the Harrods Disney Boutique! I might pick up some Cinderella shoes as an early Christmas present to myself :rotfl2:

I can't believe it's just over a month away! We're trying to think of something nice to do on Saturday to celebrate the one month mark :goodvibes

Sounds wonderful! :) I adore your hat with the ears! Love your flat too, looks like you've really made it homey :)

We've just made our restaurant reservations! Since things worked out so well for us last year (and we're being decidedly unadventurous!) our reservations are as follows -

Tuesday 11th - Blue Lagoon - 1pm
Wednesday 12th - Inventions - 8:30pm
Thursday 13th - Walts - 1pm

All of our favourites! No doubt we'll be refilling elsewhere at Anette's, Casey's, Bella Notte, EoS and Colonel Hathi's.

We're in London at the moment, and whilst we haven't managed to visit the Harrods Disney Boutique (boo!) I did have a wonderful time at my blogging event on Thursday. I got to have a quick catch up with my friend who's making my custom ears, and as a thank you for coming I was given a necklace with my blog name 'Briar Rose'. A very happy Disney coincidence! I'll definitely be wearing it at DLP.

My glitter cat ears are by the same lovely lady who's making my Minnie ears! It was also great because I got to spend some time with one of my friends (who's actually a member here) who recently got back from WDW, so there was a lot of Disney talk!

Edit: I just ordered an early Christmas present for DFI - his wardrobe needed some Disney!

love2.png

love11.png

Love the restaurant choices we have been considering booking some now I can't keep away. Lol!

That necklace is just beautiful.

We're being a little unimaginative since we're eating at the same places on the same days as last year, but we really had no regrets so hopefully the meals will be just as lovely as they were then! I can't blame you - the meals are one of my favourite parts of DLP :blush:

I'm so pleased with the necklace - I've been wearing it everywhere. Displaying my (not-so) underlying love of Disney with pride!

Loving the cat ears and the necklace!

Oh and I wish I'd seen that jumper earlier! DH has finally admitted defeat and said he'd like a Christmas jumper for Christmas day (only! lol). He spotted a one with Rudolph on in Next so I got him that. Wish, I'd seen the Mickey one first. I would get it, but two Christmas jumpers is definitely going overboard for DH :lmao:.

Loving your meal choices - one of the things I find hard on a short trip is fitting all the food in :rotfl:. We are doing Inventions & Walts and trying Cali Grill for the first time (for our 10th Wedding Anniversary).

Can't wait to see your custom Minnie ears :thumbsup2.

We're spending Christmas with my family again this year, and my mum and I have decided that everyone needs an embarrassing Christmas jumper. Since DFi had also mentioned off-handly that he wouldn't mind something (tastefully ;)) Disney to wear in DLP, I thought I'd hit two birds with one stone! I'm going to give it to him on the morning we leave.

I'm very jealous that you're trying Cali Grill! It's on my 'someday' list. We'll get there eventually :lmao:

It's reached the stage now where I'm analysing my ticker as each day passes. Only ten days until our SDD! I've got two assignments to hand in before we leave and my birthday meal to organise, and yet all I can think is 'DLP, DLP, DLP'! Good to know I've got my priorities straight!

Your cat ears are so cute! And I love the necklace too.

Your meal plan looks great :thumbsup2 I'm struggling to just pick a few places to eat at.

Love the jumper you picked, Christmassy and Disney all in one, what could be better ;) I'm trying to persuade DFi to get a Christmas jumper, but he's having none of it :rotfl2:

I'm having similar problems with my priorities too :sad2::headache: Swamped with coursework at the moment and should definitely be revising for exams but my mind is constantly wandering to Disney... :guilty:

Your meal plan looks great :thumbsup2 I'm struggling to just pick a few places to eat at.

Part of me feels bad because we're not trying anywhere new! But then we enjoyed all three of our 'big' meals last year so at least we know we're spending our money well at least!

Love the jumper you picked, Christmassy and Disney all in one, what could be better ;) I'm trying to persuade DFi to get a Christmas jumper, but he's having none of it :rotfl2:

Haha, DFi knew that he could either accept my offer of a Disney/Christmassy jumper, or he'd end up getting a really embarrassing, lumpy Christmas jumper from my mum. It really is a wonder that he enjoys spending Christmas with my family. They're a tad eccentric. The other day my mum bought scarves for her pygmy goats to wear on Christmas day. :lmao:

I'm having similar problems with my priorities too :sad2::headache: Swamped with coursework at the moment and should definitely be revising for exams but my mind is constantly wandering to Disney... :guilty:

I feel your pain. I've got two deadlines before we leave, and yet I'm happily pretending they don't exist. Instead I'm planning outfits and itineraries for DLP... I'll just have a couple of days in the uni library next week getting everything done and dusted!

If you read my trip report last year, you'll remember that my family came to spend the weekend in London after we got back to celebrate my birthday. They can't justify doing it again this year, so instead I'm visiting them in Cornwall next weekend to celebrate my birthday early. We're going to go to the village Christmas light switch-on, then we're ordering in some Thai food (my favourite!) and my mum's offered to get me a few bits for the holiday - my favourite Lush shampoo and conditioner, Lancome mascara that I can never justify buying for myself, some reading material for the Eurostar and a few little Disney bits!

(Psst... It's a secret, but she's also bought me some tooth-whitening gel that I can use in my retainer overnight. I started using it last night and my pearly whites are already... well, whiter! I can use it a few more times before DLP so they should be perfect by then!)

I think I might explode with excitement when we get past the two week mark! I haven't done much intensive planning yet, but on the day we get there we're going to check in at HNY, get lunch at Annette's, go into the park and try to cover favourites like BTM and POTC, get dinner at Casey's, watch Dreams, then head back to the hotel for a cocktail at the New York City Bar :cloud9:

I hope your family are ok in Cornwall I have just seen the flooding on the news x

I hope your family are ok in Cornwall I have just seen the flooding on the news x

I'm in Cornwall with them at the moment. I was supposed to go home on Wednesday but the trains aren't running to Bath or London so I'm here for the time being. Last night we had water coming under our front door but we all went out with buckets to bale it away. My dad ended up drilling some holes in the doorway to drain it and we moved some rocks and sandbags around to divert the water away from the doors. It was a bit tense, but (touch wood) we're dry for now.

Same can't be said for the rest of our village (a fishing village right down on the seafront - we're lucky as we're higher up). The fire brigade have been down there this morning pumping water out of the pub and other local businesses. Luckily my family have four holiday lets, so we've been offering them to local families whose houses have been affected.

I'm in Cornwall with them at the moment. I was supposed to go home on Wednesday but the trains aren't running to Bath or London so I'm here for the time being. Last night we had water coming under our front door but we all went out with buckets to bale it away. My dad ended up drilling some holes in the doorway to drain it and we moved some rocks and sandbags around to divert the water away from the doors. It was a bit tense, but (touch wood) we're dry for now.

Same can't be said for the rest of our village (a fishing village right down on the seafront - we're lucky as we're higher up). The fire brigade have been down there this morning pumping water out of the pub and other local businesses. Luckily my family have four holiday lets, so we've been offering them to local families whose houses have been affected.

Glad you are ok and hope you stay dry.

That's really nice of your family to offer their holiday lets to others. Where in Cornwall is this? Dave loves fishing and has probably been there lol x

Glad you are ok and hope you stay dry.

That's really nice of your family to offer their holiday lets to others. Where in Cornwall is this? Dave loves fishing and has probably been there lol x

Thanks. It's a little fish village on the Lizard peninsula. It hasn't been so badly hit by the weather in the seven years they've been living there.

If anything it's made me even more desperate to get to DLP!

So sorry to hear about the flooding where you are. Your poor family must be so worried and upset to see what is going on around them. I hope they manage to keep dry. We had floods a few months ago and it was so scary here - torrents running down the roads and everything.

I am so excited about our upcoming trip - 4 days :cool1:. I too just can't wait to be there and I think I'm worse now we have told the girls we are going.... Patience is a virtue eh!

Keep dry and safe x

So sorry to hear about the flooding where you are. Your poor family must be so worried and upset to see what is going on around them. I hope they manage to keep dry. We had floods a few months ago and it was so scary here - torrents running down the roads and everything.

Touch wood the drainage system we figured out is working a treat. The house is still very much dry, and we've got friends who've been affected moving into our holiday lets this afternoon. I just feel terrible for the people whose houses were badly hit, and so close to Christmas... :worried:

I am so excited about our upcoming trip - 4 days :cool1:. I too just can't wait to be there and I think I'm worse now we have told the girls we are going.... Patience is a virtue eh!

Oh I bet the looks on their faces were priceless! Your trip is so close now. What an incredible way to kick off the Christmas season. I can't wait to hear about it! :goodvibes

Glad you are all ok.

Will you be able to get home this week x

Glad you are all ok.

Will you be able to get home this week x

I'm finally back in Bath! My dad dropped me off on his way to London yesterday as rail travel is still hopeless. The journey took an hour longer than usual, but at least I'm here! We put our Christmas decorations up last night (a tad early, but oh well!) and I'm hitting the Christmas market tomorrow with my friend. :santa:

On a Disney note, we've less than two weeks to go!! Yesterday I bought myself a new jumper and a bunch of thick wooly tights in preparation. I still want to grab a few more layers before we leave, and when we pop back to Cornwall this weekend to celebrate my birthday with the family I'm going to grab the big bag of thermal vests and socks we took last year! The dropping temperature here has got me questioning how chilly it's going to be...

I'm finally back in Bath! My dad dropped me off on his way to London yesterday as rail travel is still hopeless. The journey took an hour longer than usual, but at least I'm here! We put our Christmas decorations up last night (a tad early, but oh well!) and I'm hitting the Christmas market tomorrow with my friend. :santa:

On a Disney note, we've less than two weeks to go!! Yesterday I bought myself a new jumper and a bunch of thick wooly tights in preparation. I still want to grab a few more layers before we leave, and when we pop back to Cornwall this weekend to celebrate my birthday with the family I'm going to grab the big bag of thermal vests and socks we took last year! The dropping temperature here has got me questioning how chilly it's going to be...

Glad you made it back! Will you be able to make it back to Cornwall this weekend?

We are coming to the market tomorrow I am so excited! Are the shops open late? Hoping to sneak in the Disney Store have a voucher that expires on Sunday.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter