Having a hard time staying excited after reading so many terrible reviews on here

One thing I will say about San Angel is that while the overall atmosphere inside the pavilion is great, I think once you're actually sitting down and eating it depends on where you're seated. When we went in 2016, the place they initially tried to seat us was behind a wall and we wouldn't have even been able to see in the direction of the boats. We objected and they moved us to an only slightly better seat, still extremely far from the boats. We could see over to where the boats were but not the boats themselves. So I would say definitely don't go with the expectation that you're going to be able to see the boats from the Three Amigos ride. There are limited tables with that view. I definitely am one to enjoy Disney restaurants for the atmosphere rather than the food (love both CM and CRT), but at San Angel, IMO, the experience is not guaranteed.

You have gotten some excellent advice. Poly is beautiful, and perfect for transportation to Epcot and MK - especially with littles.

You asked for fun restaurants at Epcot. I love Marrakesh with children. The food is just fine, nothing too extreme, the belly dancer is fun, and the Morocco pavilion is so well done. Having said that, I have read dreadful reviews about Marrakesh. Good thing I continue to ignore them!

Finally, you are going to spend a lot of money on this vacation. My (unsolicited) piece of advice is that once you get there, do not think about how much you are spending for this or for that to judge the worth of the experience. Make memories, enjoy your beautiful resort, and your even more beautiful family. It will not be perfect, but it will be wonderful.

Why second guess yourself based on some strangers opinions? We all have different opinions about food in particular. I have been to shacks with fab food for 10 a person and paid over 200 a person for what I considered average food. Go with an open mind and enjoy the experience. And ps I love the San Angel inn. Great food and ambiance.

I hear ya! Every time I would book a dining reservation and get excited about it I would read some kind of negative rant about it, so I would cancel that res and book somewhere else and then I would again, come on here and read another negative rant about how bad THAT restaurant was. :crazy2: I just gave up! I booked what I want to see and experience and I am going to leave room for my OWN opinions. I hope you can do the same! :wave2:

Don't you dare give any of your decisions a second guess!! Do what you want to do. I have eaten at several table service restaurants in Disney and have only ever had one meal that will make me reconsider before going back ... but that's just me ... the other in my party loved it! Perfect Example ... I absolutely love the Coral Reef in EPCOT. Now on the boards, it gets horrible reviews, everyone seems to hate it! HAHA!! But I went a few years back, and they had me at the view. I could have cared less about the food ... just watching the fish in the aquarium was so awesome. However I thought the food was great. I have now gone several times and taken others with me, and they all love it too. But the next person who replies, will say its horrible! LOL!!
Don't sweat it! =) Enjoy your trip ... and I don't care what anyone says, you're going to love the Poly. ;)

I think you've picked some great places -we love San Angel and really enjoyed our one time visit to CRT. Everyone's opinion is just that. On the food choices I find a lot of times I don't agree with those on this board and that's fine - like the love on here for Via Napoli which my family just had to try last trip and it was agreeably the worst WDW meal we've ever had. I felt foolish for talking my family into trying it and talking it up with some awesome reviews from her.
Have fun and enjoy your trip the way you want to!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter