Hawaii 2020

Just saw a deluxe oceanview GTY for $5168 (2A) pop up for the 10 day and quickly put it in on a 3 day hold. Hopefully tomorrow brings better availability / options but if not at least we get on the ship. More than we wanted to spend but oh well.

This is great news. I agree on the pricing being high, but yesterday a midship cat 4A was around 9k for 2A so you are right in range for that OV.

Ok so how does a placeholder expire? If someone booked it but didnt put down the deposit??

exactly. you could hold the cabin for 72hrs without deposit. Concierge are only same day holds til 11:59pm without deposit.

Getting Remy/Palo is going to be rough too, although at least there are multiple sea days.

unfortunately no Remy on the Wonder. But one can always dream!!

You're right about Palo. Even Gold will have a problem after viewing so little inventory yesterday when that window opened up. Seem to be a lot more Platinum cruisers on this sail. What a party.

Ok so how does a placeholder expire? If someone booked it but didnt put down the deposit??

A "placeholder" (i.e. you booked a placeholder ($250 deposit) for a future cruise while on a cruise) basically expires 24 months after booking - so if you don't book an actual cruise & apply your placeholder during that time, it will "expire" and your deposit will be refunded.

If you're talking about the "3 day courtesy holds" people are putting on these current cruise itineraries, then yes...they "expire" if you don't pay the deposit to firm-up the reservation within the 3 day time period.

If Silver is 10% or less of ship, just do the reception in the atrium and eat the cost of drinks for them.

I logged at 7am and no inventory for either Hawaii itinerary :headache:

I booked inside at around 6:15 am. Only inside and concierge avail.

I agree with poison ivy's post below on this. Please keep checking and calling. The computer is NOT showing everything available. At least in my experience since Monday morning. Good luck!

Keep trying. There are a lot of placeholders that have a 72 hr. hold. Something should become available at that point.

Lots of GTY's for the 10 day going in and out of availability. Is staying in an OV on deck 1 terrible? Never been below deck 6 before.

I just checked and I see the 9-day, but not the 10-day. When I click on the 9-day, I see a price for an Inside Stateroom, but when I select it, it says, "No staterooms available.

I had this happen to me as early as Monday afternoon. The website is wonky. I was using Safari and switched to Firefox. Same thing. Weird glitches. I even tried an incognito browser but for whatever reason that screen would not even open the DCL website! :headache: If I were you I would CALL.

Is that the island with Pearl Harbor? I definitely want to go there. I also want to go to the area where Jurassic Park was filmed lol.

Yes, Pearl Harbor is on Oahu. And the movie scene you want is at Kualoa Ranch on the windward side of Oahu. It is GORGEOUS over there as that is the rainy side of the island. Resorts in Hawaii are almost ALL on the leeward/dry side of the islands. :cutie:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

Latest posts

facebook twitter