Heartbreaking news...a big reminder to be aware of wildlife on property

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just waiting to see how long before the beaches won't exist anymore... I predict fencing of some sort to keep people out of the water.

I really hope that is not what happens. Nor do I think it's necessary. I understand that what happened was a freak tragic accident. I do agree though that a few alligator signs warning tourists of the danger wouldn't hurt.

Perhaps because they own and operate splash mountain.

They neither own nor operate the native wildlife.

They own and operate Splash Mountain but everyone knows that water splashes and makes you wet. Now that is truly common sense and anyone who has ever taken a bath or showered knows that.

They operate the "beaches" however and sure as well try to "operate" the native wildlife by having people look for them regularly and remove what they perceive as a bigger threat. That alone says they see it as a threat, or they would have let them be. But they pretend the wildlife does not exist. And rely on humans who cannot be everywhere at all times and who are prone to making mistakes, to remove this threat knowing that it will not be 100% successful. But still choose to pretend to the guests that the beaches a tranquil and safe "tropical paradise". No warning required.

Just waiting to see how long before the beaches won't exist anymore... I predict fencing of some sort to keep people out of the water.

That will keep people out of the water but it won't necessarily keep the gators in the water. Google "gator climbing fence."

Hold on....
You know that Kansas has tornadoes but do you know exactly what to do if one happens? And where the safest place to go if one comes? You know California has earthquakes but do u carry an emergency backpack with you when there? Do you know where every single fault line us?? Come on! Listen to yourself. Ppl are saying they KNOW that gators are in Florida but they weren't aware how many, and how easily they can infiltrate public areas ... Some of you are being really obnoxious. I don't think I've read that anyone had NO IDEA that alligators existed in Florida.

You don't know what you don't know. Of course what you don't know CAN and WILL hurt you. I'm not trying to shirk my responsibility. I'm just saying in hindsight, maybe we can cut the parents some slack. They didn't know, that doesn't make them negligent. What happened is so rare and tragic.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter