Help us pick Citricos or Boathouse?

DisneyFirstTimer10

DIS Veteran
Has anyone been to both? Which do you prefer?

Favorite dish at either?

Will have 11yo and 9yo with us who are used to signature dining.

Most important- who has the best tasting food??

I can't answer for Boathouse as we have never eaten there but Citrico's is one of our Disney favorites. I love the short ribs there, they are perfect every time. The food, wine list, service & atmosphere are top notch all the way & the atmosphere at GF in general is really nice in the evening. We don't care for the atmosphere at Disney Springs, it was just so crowded & frenetic the 3x we were over there, not relaxing at all.

Good luck with your decision!

To me, the Boathouse no question. I love ambiance, I love a waterfront setting. I Love Steaks. pirate: ARGHHHHHHH I have eaten at 1900 and Citrico's and both places just strike me as very vanilla surroundings. The food at Citrico's was fine but my meals at the Boathouse have been wonderful. The dockfront bar is great for a nice drink before and after and if the weather cooperates, you can eat out by the water.

Last edited:

When considering only the quality of the dishes coming out of the kitchen, Citricos is near the top of my list in terms of restaurants at WDW. But I agree that the restaurant itself is a little boring in terms of atmosphere. If a water view is important, Boathouse is a good choice. But if food is the biggest factor, it is hard to beat Citricos. The kitchen there has it going on.

Boathouse, hands down.

The worst experience I've ever had at any WDW restaurant was at Citrico's. Mediocre food and absolutely horrible service - waiter completely ignored us the entire meal and the manager could not have cared less.

Boathouse on the other hand, has always had great food and exceptional service.

Steve

Has anyone been to both? Which do you prefer?

Favorite dish at either?

Will have 11yo and 9yo with us who are used to signature dining.

Most important- who has the best tasting food??
Of the Disney-operated places, Citrico's is lovely.

Boathouse is not Disney-operated.

Boathouse will have both food & ambiance that is better suited for foodies & children used to Signature dining.

Last edited:
Have not tried Boathouse yet, but Citricos was absolutely wonderful! Service was great, food was fabulous! We have a very picky 16 yr old and a 13 yr old who is a serious foodie, would not hesitate to take either of them to Citricos! Enjoy your trip!!

Boathouse, the atmosphere great, and servers were wonderful, even the ones not serving us. Loved the clams, and the truffle fries were so good.

Have enjoyed both several times. They are very different in feel from each other. Both offer an excellent menu. Citrico's is a relaxed, elegant atmosphere. Well spaced tables, drapery and carpet help add to the feel of a Mediterranean eatery. Boathouse has a lively feel with it's open air nautical feel. You can sit out or in and large doors open out to the decks. The bar has large TV's that were showing boating related video when we were there last. Both are on our do again list, but Citrico's would be our choice if we had to choose just one.

Citricos, for certain.

We tried the Boathouse once, choosing the 28 ounce porterhouse for 2 at $62. I was expecting a presentation like we've had at Gibson's in Chicago, since the Boathouse is operated by Gibson's. There, they cut the filet and strip portions off the bone and slice each into quarter-inch pieces so each person can easily have a share of both. The entire carved steak is then presented to the table. At the Boathouse, the server dropped off the platter with the whole steak and acted like I didn't know what I was talking about. I had to carve it myself using a fairly dull steak knife. Worst service I've had at an upscale steakhouse.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter