Help with Discovery cove questions...?

I'm 99% sure that you can't get JUST the DC admission without the SW tickets, but you can always call them and check.

ok checked with them...you cannot do just DC you have to take the tickets as well. No problem.

Another question! What are the foods they serve? Also do you get alcoholic beverages? If so what do they serve?

They switched over from a continental breakfast to a hot breakfast, so it's kind of your typical stuff; eggs, bacon, sausage, danishes, I think pancakes or waffles... but that type of thing. Lunch has quite a few options, warm and cold, salads to sandwiches, stuff geared towards kids and stuff geared towards adults. I don't remember a lot of specifics but I know I had chicken fingers and my friend had some kind of sandwich...turkery or ham, something along those lines. There's snacks available through the day, as well as drinks (both non alcoholic and alcoholic). I've never taken advantage of the alcoholic stuff, but I guess it's Anheser Busch products. There's stronger stuff available for an addition charge. When you check in they can put something on your ID card that says your 21.

We are looking into purchasing tickets for Discovery Cove. If someone in your party purchases an Annual Pass to Sea World - they can buy Discovery Cove tickets $69 without Dolphins and $169 with Dolphins. They DO NOT include the Sea World Passes.
We are trying to figure out if the savings is worth missing Sea World? Or is there a good deal on Sea World passes somewhere??
Thanks!

We are looking into purchasing tickets for Discovery Cove. If someone in your party purchases an Annual Pass to Sea World - they can buy Discovery Cove tickets $69 without Dolphins and $169 with Dolphins. They DO NOT include the Sea World Passes.
We are trying to figure out if the savings is worth missing Sea World? Or is there a good deal on Sea World passes somewhere??
Thanks!

Can you point me to where you find this on the website? This might be a great idea for my family.

Our tickets that we printed online for discovery cove - are these also our sea world tickets as well?

When do you plan to do SeaWorld, before or after DC? We got a paper ticket to use if we were going before DC but we went after so we used our plastic ID badges from DC to get into SeaWorld.

The food was quite good. We had lots of choices for lunch. Salmon, chicken strips, fries, mac & cheese, bowtie pesto pasta, jambalaya, burger, hot dog, some kind of chicken (I think it was curry). Also, they had desserts and salads. They have sodas, beer (bud light lime & I can't remember the other one since I got the lime), frozen lemonade, cherry slushies, soft pretzels, oreos, chips and ice cream at the snack stand.

Since you are doing SW after DC you will use your DC badge to get into SW. Breakfast was until 10:30 I believe. Lunch was until 3:00PM.

Can you wear Crocs with the straps around the back of the foot into the water?

Sure can. We were just there last week and saw folks wearing crocs,flip flops,water shoes,but most were barefoot. I am glad I wore water shoes in the lazy river and to walk on the hot sand.My DH and DD just went barefoot the whole day and they were fine,too.

I would think twice about the water shoes during the dolphin swim though. The first time I didn't wear any and it felt a little uncomfortable so I thought I'd try the shoes the second time we went and what a mistake. Both my brother and I wore the water shoes and all we did was slide. :lmao: I'll deal with being a little uncomfortable for a few minutes, because you soon forget it when the dolphin comes up, instead of sliding and going under multiple times in front of everyone. :laughing:

I would call in and order your Platinum pass, to get discounted Discovery Cove tickets, and your Discovery Cove reservation together.

When I called in there were no Platinum Discount passes left for the dates we wanted. In our entire vacation of two weeks there was only one date left. Which we booked and had to move other things around it. So, they only sell so many discounted entries per day.

You need to be aware if you buy a Platinum Pass you still may not get a discounted Discovery Cove Ticket. Unless your dates are very flexible.

We were thinking on our upcomming Aug/Sept trip of doing DC & SW. We were thinking of doing DC a couple of days before we go home. I was wondering if we would have access to the SW tickets before we went to DC? We would love to do SW earlier in the trip.

Thanks!

We did SW the day before and the day after our DC day. I think your SW ticket you get from DC is good for 14 days.

I can't really imagine you'd be comfortable wearing the crocs in the water where you'd have to swim. They'd be a little awkward don't you think?

In the dolphin area, the water is pretty deep but sometimes if you ask they will let you stay in a shallower area. The vests and/or wetsuits also help keep you afloat but there is also some treading water involved so be prepared for that. The water is also very cold in the dolphin area. The rest of the pools and the reef have warm water. However no matter how hot it is outside you will probably still be chilly during the dolphin interaction.

At DC I have to say the dolphin experience was my least favorite thing about the park. It goes like this: watch a short flick and hear a lecture about the dolphins. Go in the pretty cold water and pet the dolphin and watch the trainer have it do some tricks. At the end, you have your photo moment where you swim out to a deeper spot and the dolphin tows you maybe 25 feet? That is it. You will not be swimming with the Dolphins like in Mexico. I love love love DC, but we skip the dolphins now and save some $$ too.

What happens if there's bad weather on the day you booked for DC? We would visit Orlando in Nov. Since we have to pick a day ahead of time, I would worry about the weather.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter