help with off-site hotel location

kimba

Mouseketeer
We are staying off-site for this 2night stay and worried about hitting heavy traffic areas in the morning and nighttime. We are going to Gatorland on a Friday and Disney springs at nightand will not be going to theme parks. Looking at Marriott hotels on Western Way, Marbella palm ct, and Seaworld area. Any advice on location?

From what I've read, the Flamingo Crossings hotels (Western Way) are pretty much all that's currently at that location. That may be a pro or con, depending on your point of view. But, it's important to realize that they are on State Road 429, which is a toll road. That's less of an issue if you are driving your own car. But, some rental car companies charge large amounts for the privilege of paying tolls.

Personally, unless I got an amazing deal, I'd remove Flamingo Crossings from your list. It's really on the opposite side of where you're going.

As for traffic in general, it's not ever horrible (to me). It's mostly just normal major metropolitan area congestion. If you go to Bing Maps or Google Maps, you can customize your results by changing the "leave now" setting to a specific date and time of day. The sites will use historical traffic information to provide a time that includes traffic.

For example, here's the trip from the Residence Inn on Marabella Palm Court to the Disney Springs parking ramp leaving at 5:30pm on a Friday night. As you see, they only add about 1 minute due to traffic.

residenceinn-disneysprings-traveltime.jpg

Link to the map: https://binged.it/2uu6RIK

The trip from the Residence Inn by Sea World (11000 Westwood Boulevard Orlando) is similar. It says 9 minutes normally, but 10 minutes when you factor in traffic. (Link to that map: https://binged.it/2utVmB9)

Western Way is one of the back doors to WDW. You don't have to get on 429 to get to wdw or anywhere. You go straight on it - it stops inside WDW - next to Colorado Springs - and yes the Marriott was open I think - call to be sure.
the ones along Sherberth road are closer - US 192 West (with back to Black Lake Road) are good choices too - also Bonnet Creek resorts

on to get to I4 w/o 429 - go on Western way - when you get to CSR - turn right - then go under the overpass kept to the right - now you are on Osceola Parkaway - a few miles down is I4 connection that is not as crowded as others this is also across from Gaylord - WDW now has a bunch of I4 connection - so if you don't like this one - you can easily find another one.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter