Help with Uber/Lyft to Universal and security timing

LuvDaisy&Minnie

Mouseketeer
Hi all. On our Universal Day, both theme parks and Citywalk open at 8:00am. We want to be at Islands of Adventure gates by 7:20am. We will be taking Uber/Lyft from an offsite resort and not sure what time security at Citywalk opens if their official open time is 8:00am. Will we even be able to get in early enough? Is the workaround (if needed) to have the driver drop us off at Hard Rock resort instead and walk from there so we can be at Islands of Adventure gates by 7:20? Are they even allowing drop offs at the resorts right now without a reservation? We have been to Universal many times but always stayed onsite and have not been since reopening. I am unfamiliar with both the rideshare dropoff point at Universal and Citywalk security. Thanks for the help.

If it was me, I’d get dropped off at Hard Rock and go through City Walk security at the end of the walk from HR. If they are still giving out bands to say, you were checked for fever, you’ll get it as you enter the hotel. I am sure the security will be there at least an hour before park open, so figure about 15 to 20 minutes from HR to Islands. Less than 10 minutes to the Studios. Can always take a boat, if you see one available, as then you are already in City Walk in about the same amount of time as waking to the Studios.

If it was me, I’d get dropped off at Hard Rock and go through City Walk security at the end of the walk from HR. If they are still giving out bands to say, you were checked for fever, you’ll get it as you enter the hotel. I am sure the security will be there at least an hour before park open, so figure about 15 to 20 minutes from HR to Islands. Less than 10 minutes to the Studios. Can always take a boat, if you see one available, as then you are already in City Walk in about the same amount of time as waking to the Studios.
I am thinking that is the best plan too. I have not seen anywhere that the resorts are currently restricting visitors to those with reservations (like Disney is doing), have you?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter