• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Help!!!!

Auntie Buffy likes the first one!!! And Deb is where I got all my prom dresses! They don't really have stores here so I would go to my Grandma's in NJ and buy one there. No one ever had my dress!!!!!

that's the best when you have no worries that someone will have the same dress as you!
i had a yellow prom dress for dh's senior prom and i think everyone in my home town wore that dress to one prom or another. really i think that dress went to more proms than anyone else i know!

we had 2 girls show up to prom in the same dress. It was equally ugly on both of them. floor length full sequin rainbow, gives me shivers just thinking about it!

No one had my dress..and I hated it...but mom would only give me 50.00 to spend and I had to go w/ what I could afford...and it sucked.. can you say.. "gone w/ the wind" the dress was awful, ruffles, and a looped crin-a-lyn...the only thing good about it was the color.. PINK!

oooooo, I like the first one Nan posted. The other two are really short. Is that the current style? I'm also fainting over how cheap they all are! What a deal!

No one had my dress..and I hated it...but mom would only give me 50.00 to spend and I had to go w/ what I could afford...and it sucked.. can you say.. "gone w/ the wind" the dress was awful, ruffles, and a looped crin-a-lyn...the only thing good about it was the color.. PINK!

I want pics!!!!!

I don't have pics of my prom dress. My dad took pics and of course they are on slides, that we have yet to find. Every flockin' pic of my childhood is on slide.

This is the same man who took pics of us at Disneyland for the 25th anniversary in front of the steam boat, I'll give you 2 guesses as to what was blurry, us or the boat.

My dress stunk too. My mom refused to buy me the "gone with wind" off the shoulder number in red velvet with matching white fur lined cape I wanted. (warned you I was fashion challenged)
Anyway, I got stuck with this homemade number from a "dress maker". Ick.
Someday I'll figure out how to scan photos with this new software and show you.

like i said i loved dh senior prom one i wore but hated the one i wore to my senior prom. seafoam green! can you say "ICK"????

I was never able to find a dress I liked in the stores so I always made mine. They were definitely originals but I can definitely say that the Project Runway contestants are safe from my "talent". :lmao:

Until my senior year my homecoming and prom dresses came from my mom's closet (she had a ton of dresses from weddings and formals when my dad was teaching at the Academy). For my senior prom I wore a long white dress. I had a crwon of flowers in my hair. When people see the photo they think it is a wedding dress. By the way- there were drersses I liked more at the 15 dollar place but I didn't think her dad would go for them. I was looking for dresses under $50 that would pass a dad test.

Rebecca

Thanks everyone!!! We are still waiting my sister to email... ERRR Does she NOT remember I'm the one that doesn't like to wait for what I asked for...

Daddy approved is the key at this point.. YOU should have seen DsS17's face when he found out DD was going.. You'd think he was gonna be caught red-handed or something.. DH was all up for DD going now! :rotfl:

I'm really going to have to be on my a-game for this one...
I'll scan my HS Prom photo in and yes it is bLURRY.. my mother reeks at taking photos.. still to this day..even w/ her new fang-dangled camera!

I really like that one! I think it looks like a GREAT Homecoming dress. Of course, I'm rather conservative so that could explain that preference.

according to mom it was altered to fit my Dsister skin tight.... so she measured the chest..and DD is too big! Needless to say, there were some curse words from my sister lovingly about my DD being bigger than her! LOL

Well, we are off to Deb's tomrorow after the XC meet.. (and lunch, I refuse to eat out)...

I took like higher neckline especially around teenage boys!

In my area, Homecoming was always a little less dressy than Prom so nothing quite as low-cut. We did cocktail length but they weren't quite as short as some shown. That first Deb's one you posted is darling and not too risque. Dad should even approve that one!

Until my senior year my homecoming and prom dresses came from my mom's closet (she had a ton of dresses from weddings and formals when my dad was teaching at the Academy). For my senior prom I wore a long white dress. I had a crwon of flowers in my hair. When people see the photo they think it is a wedding dress. By the way- there were drersses I liked more at the 15 dollar place but I didn't think her dad would go for them. I was looking for dresses under $50 that would pass a dad test.

Rebecca

::yes:: I always got suckered into the Teach the Cadets to dance days! Every cadet had to dance with the Admiral and his wife at some point in their school career there and since there was more boys then girls they had the local HS girls come in to help the boys dance. The Arthur Murray dance studio would come in and teach.
OMG those were weird times, weird times indeed. My dad was a Senior Chief there and director of cadet bands so these guys were like my big brothers, and a few boyfriends along the way. :rolleyes1
Let me tell you, that is one reason why I never had "girlfriends" in HS, they all HATED me because I hung out with college guys every weekend between the dances and the band competitions.

Rebecca PM me with your Dad's name, position, and years there and I'll see if my dad knows him.

In my area, Homecoming was always a little less dressy than Prom so nothing quite as low-cut. We did cocktail length but they weren't quite as short as some shown. That first Deb's one you posted is darling and not too risque. Dad should even approve that one!

yeah, some are dresses that at age 34 I would still not wear, even if I had the body to wear them.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter