Helpful Information For You Updated 03/30/2012

Hello my friends...
well it is that time of the year when I post the safe zone phone number for those that get down here and have issues especially with Issac or whatever his name is, not deciding what he is going to do...

anyhow this is Shirley and the phone number is my cell which is 321-508-2246...just plug the number into your phone, wallet or whereever and if you get down here and have any concerns or issues...just call me and I will help in any way I can ok???

Take care and many blessings always
Shirley

There you go again Shirley, with your wonderful Florida hospitality :love:. I have been thinking about you as I am planning a trip in February to your beloved home town of Key West with my 5 sisters :). You stay safe and dry in my favorite state of Florida :hug:.

There you go again Shirley, with your wonderful Florida hospitality :love:. I have been thinking about you as I am planning a trip in February to your beloved home town of Key West with my 5 sisters :). You stay safe and dry in my favorite state of Florida :hug:.

Norm just got back today after spending a week down there...it said it sure isn't the paradise we grew up in and that traffic was horrific and people were just not friendly so he stayed away from downtown...he stayed with the family there and had such a great time getting together will all the old conchs that are still left there...before you go down, drop me an email ok so I can give you some pointers.
Take care and many blessings
much love always
just me

Shirley,
That is so kind of you to offer your help! Fortunately, I'm not traveling this month, but for those who are, I'm sure they must feel comforted knowing there is a safe person who is willing to help.
Just another reason I love this board!!!
Stay safe,
Jill

The safe zone phone number has come in handy to a lot of folks in the past years especially during the bad weather season...it is always nice to know someone has a friend in a strange town that is willing to help and no strings attached.
many hugsssssssssss

Norm just got back today after spending a week down there...it said it sure isn't the paradise we grew up in and that traffic was horrific and people were just not friendly so he stayed away from downtown...he stayed with the family there and had such a great time getting together will all the old conchs that are still left there...before you go down, drop me an email ok so I can give you some pointers.
Take care and many blessings
much love always
just me

Sorry to hear that Norm's visit back home was a bit tarnished :worried:. We have been very lucky to meet only wonderful, friendly folks (like you :goodvibes) on our visits there. I'll be sure to send you an email before we go. Hugs to you and Norm :hug:.

The safe zone phone number has come in handy to a lot of folks in the past years especially during the bad weather season...it is always nice to know someone has a friend in a strange town that is willing to help and no strings attached.
many hugsssssssssss

I just checked.. I must have put your number in my cell phone last summer!!!

so does this mean if it snows up here I can call????;)

I just checked.. I must have put your number in my cell phone last summer!!!

so does this mean if it snows up here I can call????;)

please do since I have never seen snow and we can trade places for the moment :lmao:

Well seeing snow is in my bucket list so lets see :)

Take care my friend

Sorry to hear that Norm's visit back home was a bit tarnished :worried:. We have been very lucky to meet only wonderful, friendly folks (like you :goodvibes) on our visits there. I'll be sure to send you an email before we go. Hugs to you and Norm :hug:.

Its like anything else now in life...Key West was a very small town full of conchs and the best way for transportations was walking everywhere or maybe grabbing the bus for a night watch which meant "sightseeing" ...if we wanted to have lobster, crabs, fish, shrimp etc, we could go out, get them and have them ready to eat and share with anyone that wanted some. every house always had something on the stove for someone who stopped by could eat, all the tropical fresh fruit all over everyone's yard...go to school in the morning and pick any tropical fruit we wanted and it was our breakfast, needed a pick me up and you pulled flowers who's necture you could trinkle down your mouth, needed a playground, there was always the graveyard...wanted to skate, there was always Tommy's skating rink...times have changed and its ok...just miss the old times ;(

please do since I have never seen snow and we can trade places for the moment :lmao:

Well seeing snow is in my bucket list so lets see :)

Take care my friend

Shirley.. as soon as I have a guest room.. you'll see snow!

Great list....Thanks!! I saw that from the air port there is just 1.25 in tolls. Does anyone know how much the toll will be from WDW?

We will take the toll road it is quicker. At least that is what mapquest says. Is there a cheaper hotel close to the Port? We thought about staying in Kissimmee the night before.

Depends on your definition of cheap. We usually stay at the Country Inn & Suites and leave our car there to avoid paying port parking.

Depends on your definition of cheap. We usually stay at the Country Inn & Suites and leave our car there to avoid paying port parking.

So they have a shuttle that takes you to the port? So you can leave your car they for the whole time you are on the cruise? Sorry for all the questions. First time cruiser..

So they have a shuttle that takes you to the port? So you can leave your car they for the whole time you are on the cruise? Sorry for all the questions. First time cruiser..

Oh yes and their shuttle is VERY conveient and prompt. Duane and his wife are awesome! Search this thread as there is a lot of info on how to do it, but it's super easy!

Your employee took the order today and was very helpful. I am looking forward to this cruise........

Your employee took the order today and was very helpful. I am looking forward to this cruise........

Hello Melinda,
Thanks for taking the time to drop me a note and yes I do remember all those baskets that we delivered a couple of years ago...we will make sure you are pleased again this time around...hope all is well with you and yours
always
Shirley

Hello Melinda,
Thanks for taking the time to drop me a note and yes I do remember all those baskets that we delivered a couple of years ago...we will make sure you are pleased again this time around...hope all is well with you and yours
always
Shirley

I need to add a snorkle and mask to each girls basket....please...pink or purple if you can

Hello everybody
Hope that your Thanksgiving was very fullfilling for each of you and that you were surrounded with much families and friends....

Here is some information that you will find interesting
The park and cruise known as Premier parking located in Cocoa, Florida (this is the place that takes your car keys and was sited for taking one of the guest's car for a joy ride and was even caught on camera doing so in fact 68 miles he put on the owner's car, is now back in business again AT the SAME location...please be very careful in using this company. One of the things that is concerning is that they ask for payment before you arrive which is not a good idea and getting a refund takes time...I recommend Cruise Parking of Port Canaveral very highy and if you will go to their website which is www.cruiseparkingofportcanaveral.com you will find them not only very honest, but very easy to deal with and you KEEP your keys...Give Todd a chance and I can guarantee you that you will be very pleased...Todd is such a nice person and very deserving...
If you have any questions, just let me know ok?
As always
Love
Shirley

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter