here now and it's quiet!

tuckerkeys

official cookie taster
just left the mk. Longest we waited was 10 minutes for pooh ride. Felt very quiet and walkways weren't jammed with people! We left the park at noon. Had lunch at 11 at cosmic rays with about 20 other people in the big singing room. Cashier told me yesterday was jam packed, and today with all the local kids going back to school tomorrow things are very quiet. We got a lot done since it was very empty!

Back to school! I agree- Hubby & I went the last week of august a few years back, I would do it again, but he could not handle the humidity...in all fairness, it was pretty brutal , but the crowd levels were by far, the smallest I have ever experienced..Enjoy!

Yup ... Schools back in session here tomorrow. Went to the Studios yesterday and it was semi-crowded but nothing over the top. We were at Magic on Friday afternoon/night and it was ok, again nothing over the top crowded to me. Heading to EPCOT tonight for Illuminations.

Great news! We arrive on Friday and I am looking forward to a much less crowded park.

I really think the locals getting their last weekday dose of Disney in is what's contributed to the high crowd reports the last two weeks. In Disney's last financial statement call with analysts, they noted that local AP holders are becoming more and more important for WDW. I suspect that the record high crowds we're seeing are mainly attributable to locals who can cruise in, do three FP+ rides in 2 hours, and leave.

Glad it's going well for you, OP! We went at the end of August last year and it was as dead as I've ever seen the parks. If it wasn't so darn hot, that would be our go-to time of year!

September is quiet. We go in two weeks. It won't be that way in few years once the new lands open. The resorts will be packed all year for a couple of years. Enjoy September discounts now. We are going to.

Yes and no. The room capacity will go up, reservations will be harder to get, but as the lands are created, the people will spread out among them. Quite possibly, with the opening of new lands in AK and DHS (with night shows), EPCOT and MK may be LESS crowded with DHS and AK being the nightmare parks.

It won't be that way in few years once the new lands open.

That's not going to be an issue until at least the mid-20s. The only land that will open this decade (maybe!) is Avatar, and that will hardly be enough to pack the resorts.

And yet the great movie ride has had posted wait times of 80 min all day. Park ses crowded to me today.

This is our time to go next year! I am so happy to hear this. I know it will be super hot but I really hoped pushing trip as late in summer as I could would be the best for us. Thanks for posting!

If you arrive this week, you might think the parks are crowded. But we arrived at the beginning of last week, so we see a noticeable improvement. :thumbsup2

That's not going to be an issue until at least the mid-20s. The only land that will open this decade (maybe!) is Avatar, and that will hardly be enough to pack the resorts.

Just FYI: There are folks "inside" who are saying Toy Story Land in late 2017, and soft opening for MOST of Star Wars land in late 2019...with full opening in late 2020/early 2021 (not sure what they'll be waiting on). We don't know if that's true, but that's the info being leaked out, it seems.

Check out the "News Roundup" thread in News and Rumors. rteetz is pretty good at keeping it updated and transplanting info from various places/sources.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter