here now and it's quiet!

YAY!! we'll be there tomorrow. We use to go the first week in August, last year we went the last week in August and were surprised how noticeably less crowded it was so we decided to go back the same week this year.

Get ready for a Northern invasion. Around here, schools start Sept 9th and I know of a bunch of families heading down this week and next to squeeze in one last summer trip.

Just FYI: There are folks "inside" who are saying Toy Story Land in late 2017, and soft opening for MOST of Star Wars land in late 2019...with full opening in late 2020/early 2021 (not sure what they'll be waiting on). We don't know if that's true, but that's the info being leaked out, it seems.

Check out the "News Roundup" thread in News and Rumors. rteetz is pretty good at keeping it updated and transplanting info from various places/sources.

I'm one of those weirdos who believes something can only be called "news" if it contains facts. Unsourced rumors are not facts, and thus are no better than any other guess. Who are these insiders? How do we know they are insiders? How do we know that any past predictions were inside info and not just good guesses?

I'll mark this post and reply to it in late 2017 to see if the rumors were true. I have a feeling they are not, but I'd be happy to be wrong.

Josh has HS as the park to avoid today(this just increases my faith in him).....but wow, that's a long time for the Great Movie Ride!

He said that's the new normal for GMR in a post a few days ago. As long as it is (meaning I wouldn't want to do it at rope drope), I don't think I'd even include it in my touring plans anymore unless you can get it as a 4th FP. It's tier 1 and definitely not worth wasting that on.

I'm one of those weirdos who believes something can only be called "news" if it contains facts. Unsourced rumors are not facts, and thus are no better than any other guess. Who are these insiders? How do we know they are insiders? How do we know that any past predictions were inside info and not just good guesses?

I'll mark this post and reply to it in late 2017 to see if the rumors were true. I have a feeling they are not, but I'd be happy to be wrong.

Well they definitely want everything open before the 50th. So while these dates could be pushed back slightly, I would definitely say they are much more accurate than the mid 20s. Avatarland was leaked early. The actual building of the land is going to end up taking about 2-3 years. So pretty reasonable to think they could stagger to the lands and get them both open in 5 years.

Fair enough. But, the section is called "Disney Rumors and News" so.....

I was just passing along information that the assumed "forever" timelines might not be quite as "forever" as some people have assumed, without really ANY foundation (is that any better than unnamed sources and rumors?).

They might....we'll see.

He said that's the new normal for GMR in a post a few days ago. As long as it is (meaning I wouldn't want to do it at rope drope), I don't think I'd even include it in my touring plans anymore unless you can get it as a 4th FP. It's tier 1 and definitely not worth wasting that on.

I think part of it is they're only running one tram, now, right? So throughput is a lot slower?

Leaving two weeks from today and are hoping for the usual for September: blazing hot and tiny crowds!

We rode GMR on Sun 8/16 & they were running both gangster & cowboy.

I suspect wait times are because it's literally the only non-TSMM thing little guys can ride at DHS, now that backlot has closed.

Also, our trip was 8/14-19 and ugh it was so much more crowded than I expected. We're Christmas week people - I know crowds! - and while it wasn't Christmas, it was still darn busy, at least in comparison to my expectations.

Used to be they'd run 2..gangster and cowboy (I label that way because of who "takes over" the tram). I think they've only been running gangster, lately.

Right, but because of how the ride is broken up, I'm pretty sure at one point, two trams merge together in the wizard of oz scene and then one tram enters that scene solo.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter