Today at MK is way busier than it was Thurs when we were here. I guess the line times are still manageable but it's much harder to distance today. We ate lunch at Cosmic Ray's and some guy sat down right next to us and used the sign that said "For your health and safety, this table is not available" to fan his daughter while they ate. Unreal.

Also for anyone who plays Sorcerers, be aware Tortuga Tavern is locked up tight so you can't get to that portal. We had to go to the Fire House 2x to reset our game, very frustrating. They finally fixed it the 2nd time so we just went back and forth between 2 portals in Frontierland. It was fun, but we did the whole first level and I was about to pass out from the heat today after all the walking back and forth. Killed any hope I had of finishing all 3 levels today but hopefully we'll be back before our game gets erased again!

So bummed we missed it! We tried on 8/6 with no luck. Maybe it just wasn't working that one night?
Just talked to DD20. It was on the DVC Spanish channel. While it said 6-10, there were breaks between shows where it just shows that sign. DD remembers putting it on at 9 one night and wondering why it wasn't showing. They definitely saw it multiple times during our 2 week trip though, but if you waited a while and it didn't show, maybe it wasn't working that night.

Today at MK is way busier than it was Thurs when we were here. I guess the line times are still manageable but it's much harder to distance today. We ate lunch at Cosmic Ray's and some guy sat down right next to us and used the sign that said "For your health and safety, this table is not available" to fan his daughter while they ate. Unreal.

Also for anyone who plays Sorcerers, be aware Tortuga Tavern is locked up tight so you can't get to that portal. We had to go to the Fire House 2x to reset our game, very frustrating. They finally fixed it the 2nd time so we just went back and forth between 2 portals in Frontierland. It was fun, but we did the whole first level and I was about to pass out from the heat today after all the walking back and forth. Killed any hope I had of finishing all 3 levels today but hopefully we'll be back before our game gets erased again!
We just gave up and left MK. Complete madhouse. Waited 30 minutes for magic flippin carpets, with maskless family behind me that I had to remind to keep to their marker EVERY SINGLE TIME the line moved—they were so close they kept bumping into me before I asked them to move back. Couldn't even get into tiki room as it was full. Unreal.

Just back from DHS today. HOT HOT and HOT. It is nothing like the first few weeks the parks were open. The lines for rides are all long and people everywhere, It is hard to get used to the idea of waiting in line to get into the shops, even the Black Spire Marketplace or into Baseline. You can find nice quiet pockets of no people, we watched the Mickey cavalcade roll past and there were only 3 or 4 people. Now and then the park feels empty, but for those wishing for low crowds, that seems to be early mornings only. We had a great time, but it would be difficult for those who want to do it all.

We just left Epcot. I second that it is wicked HOT. My 17 year old I were directed to the cooling tent upon entering, around 11:30. We drove and had walked across the hot parking lot. I knew we were not running a fever because we take our temps every morning and evening, and are really paying attention to how we are feeling. We were cleared to enter after the third attempt at the temp check. There was a line to get into the tent, so we weren’t the only ones by far. The park was busy. Not normal summer weekend busy of course, but there were a lot of people. Lines for food booths were on average 5-25 deep. We managed Frozen Ever After, which took about 35 minutes. Waiting in the hot sun with the mask was rough, but things improved once you got inside. We didn’t attempt any other rides. We sat and listened to a set by Mariachi Cobre. They were fantastic. Mask compliance was probably 75%. Some blatant violators, but that is to be expected. Lots of noses peeking out and mask less kids. Social distancing was tough at times. Some people either not caring or not paying attention. We walked by Rose and Crown, and it was packed! Looked like any other summer day, minus the crowds milling around outside the entrance. We are unsure if we will head back to the park tonight. Food options are very limited at our resort (Kidani) so we will see.

Last edited:
Good to know about the towels and coffee.
[/QUOTE]
So the coffee maker is still in the rooms?
Is it a standard coffee make with loose grounds or is it one that uses pods?
We’ll be staying at Kidani Village if that makes a difference. Thanks!

[/QUOTE]
Still in the room at Pop so I assume everywhere. We had to ask for more stuff to restock. It's not pods, it's the weird Jeoffreys stuff that I don't think you can bring your own.

[/QUOTE]
Kidani has a 12 cup basket style coffee maker. We're DVC, stayed in a studio. There were 2 regular and 2 decaf Joffreys coffee pouches to start with and we got more on our day 4 trash and towel service day. You can always bring your own if you need to.

Just got back from Disney Springs, had a job interview that didn't pan out :( anyways, busy for sure, mask adherence at it's worst, almost spoke up when a whole family, with masks on their chins were blocking the escalator to go up to the lime garage, I was already upset about the job and if I had opened my mouth it would not have ended pretty.
Anyways, if possible avoid DS weekend afternoons.

I echo those reports recommending to go to parks on weekdays instead of weekends if you have flexibility to do so. We did UO Sunday (far busiest of any park on any day for us), Monday and Tuesday, EP Wednesday, DHS Thursday and MK on Friday.

After swapping UO for EP on Wednesday on a whim, it was our intent to go back to UO today. Looking at the app wait times this morning we bailed on those plans. Doing our parks days during the weekdays worked out well for us at both theme parks. Epcot wasn't terribly busy on Wednesday. Not talking deserted parks, but plenty of room to space out and wait times were not too high. DHS was Thursday and was the busiest of all parks but we did pretty much everything we wanted, except never made it on Slinky and Aliens but we opted to take in the ambiance of Galaxy's Edge rather than stand on lines. Visited Oga's for the first time, that was fun! MK was the emptiest I've ever seen it over the course of an overall day but again, not an empty park either. It was weird going old-school at this park more than the others, but the stress-free and laid back way of exploring was great.

Today was also our last move resort day since I had to do an add-on resort for one night with all the flight cancellations. On our way to Shades of Green about 10:30 a.m., MK parking lot and entry looked so crowded from where we could see. So it seems weekends are definitely picking up.

People seem to think any old excuse is good to take off masks. Saw someone take off a mask to take a phone call. Cracked me up—you can talk through a mask!
In the Canada movie yesterday a girl had her mask off. When the CM came over to say something she quick grabbed her friend's drink and used that as her excuse. She told him, "I've been drinking it the whole time!" um, no, you weren't. I've kinda had it with some of the crappy people we've encountered. Glad we're done with parks after today, ready to get away from people for awhile again.

We just gave up and left MK. Complete madhouse. Waited 30 minutes for magic flippin carpets, with maskless family behind me that I had to remind to keep to their marker EVERY SINGLE TIME the line moved—they were so close they kept bumping into me before I asked them to move back. Couldn't even get into tiki room as it was full. Unreal.
I'm so sorry :(.
Yesterday at MK we saw a few nose peekers, but most people were wearing their masks far as we can tell unless they were off to the side and stationary. However, we were in the queue for Philharmonic and they delayed so they could clean the theatre. No big deal, except then two of the three people directly in front of us started eating in the indoor part of the queue. That made me uncomfortable since while social distanced, it didn't feel like enough space for that in the enclosed environment. (I'm leery of indoor dining as it is).

On a different visiting the parks note (instead of making a separate post :)) I've done way better in this heat with the paper disposables than the cloth ones I bought from Disney. DD13 and DH were OK with cloth but adult DD and myself couldn't handle it, even though I'm used to 90+ degree days since that's what we have at home. I pretty much stick to paper there too - honestly, I don't even notice those now. We were at the pool this afternoon and I forgot I was wearing a mask and waded into the pool with it until DD and DH pointed out I was wearing it LOL

Last edited:
Thank you one and all for giving us a look-see into what's really happening. I'm not happy that people aren't complying with social distancing or wearing masks.
I still would say most people are, but when it's more crowded like today there are more people in general, so more people not doing the right thing. And there just aren't enough CMs around to catch them when you're in a queue or around a quiet corner.

I still would say most people are, but when it's more crowded like today there are more people in general, so more people not doing the right thing. And there just aren't enough CMs around to catch them when you're in a queue or around a quiet corner.
The uncertainty of this virus is enough to keep me from doing a lot of things I like. The thought of not knowing when we're thru the worst of this is like waiting for a bad movie to end or worse yet a minister delivering a bad sermon and you're in the front row.

We just left Epcot. I second that it is wicked HOT. My 17 year old I were directed to the cooling tent upon entering, around 11:30. We drove and had walked across the hot parking lot. I knew we were not running a fever because we take our temps every morning and evening, and are really paying attention to how we are feeling. We were cleared to enter after the third attempt at the temp check. There was a line to get into the tent, so we weren’t the only ones by far. The park was busy. Not normal summer weekend busy of course, but there were a lot of people. Lines for food booths were on average 5-25 deep. We managed Frozen Ever After, which took about 35 minutes. Waiting in the hot sun with the mask was rough, but things improved once you got inside. We didn’t attempt any other rides. We sat and listened to a set by Mariachi Cobre. They were fantastic. Mask compliance was probably 75%. Some blatant violators, but that is to be expected. Lots of noses peeking out and mask less kids. Social distancing was tough at times. Some people either not caring or not paying attention. We walked by Rose and Crown, and it was packed! Looked like any other summer day, minus the crowds milling around outside the entrance. We are unsure if we will head back to the park tonight. Food options are very limited at our resort (Kidani) so we will see.
Sounds similar to our visit last Saturday. I expected Epcot to be the chillest park during our visit but was the most crowded. Definitely seems like week visits are the way to go if you can swing it.

Noticed your location (and use of the word wicked :p) Last weekend we were surrounded by what seemed like only locals and people from New England. You all must love wdw up there!

[/QUOTE]
They have the pods at CBR

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter