We had a trip for this past week planned that we canceled about a month ago. One of the biggest factors for us was the limited experiences and masks. We live in NY, so we took a mini trip to Hershey Park. Spent the day yesterday at the park from 10am-5pm, and like Disney we were required to wear masks in the park. Weather was decent...low - mid 80's not bad humidity and honestly the masks were a huge pain. For one day, we were able to put up with it. Those of you going for a week in Florida heat and humidity, and wearing masks all day, I give you a lot of credit. I honestly don't know how it isn't unbearable, but if you can manage it, I say that's great. For us, just no chance we'll be going until the mask requirement is gone. I know that may mean not going for a year or two (personally I think masks will be required until at least 2022) but I guess we'll just have to wait.

So the coffee maker is still in the rooms?
Is it a standard coffee make with loose grounds or is it one that uses pods?
We’ll be staying at Kidani Village if that makes a difference. Thanks!
They have the pods at CBR
[/QUOTE]
We are currently at Kidani (Studio) and the coffee makers are in the room. We have the loose Joffrey’s.

Feeling better a bit after a nice dinner at be our guest. Was crying earlier when we had to leave MK and got back to the resort only to have the pool closed due to lightning.

To follow up on my earlier post, I think the biggest problem I am seeing with mask/distance compliance is lack of consequences. We were on pirates in the back row with a party in front. CM pointedly asked party in front to raise their masks. Multiple times. They just sat and ignored it with little “who me?” smirks. CM let the ride launch without them complying.

If Disney started removing people from rides and parks for blatant noncompliance they might shape up or stop coming. But Disney won’t do that. So next best thing would be limiting attendance more. But they just added AP availability, so that is clearly not happening either.

I was a full believer that Disney would “do things right” and was impressed with everything I heard but do feel a bit let down. And we spent a lot more time waiting in line than we do with fastpass. So I really can’t recommend coming now if you are concerned about covid.

Feeling better a bit after a nice dinner at be our guest. Was crying earlier when we had to leave MK and got back to the resort only to have the pool closed due to lightning.

To follow up on my earlier post, I think the biggest problem I am seeing with mask/distance compliance is lack of consequences. We were on pirates in the back row with a party in front. CM pointedly asked party in front to raise their masks. Multiple times. They just sat and ignored it with little “who me?” smirks. CM let the ride launch without them complying.

If Disney started removing people from rides and parks for blatant noncompliance they might shape up or stop coming. But Disney won’t do that. So next best thing would be limiting attendance more. But they just added AP availability, so that is clearly not happening either.

I was a full believer that Disney would “do things right” and was impressed with everything I heard but do feel a bit let down. And we spent a lot more time waiting in line than we do with fastpass. So I really can’t recommend coming now if you are concerned about covid.

This is really discouraging to hear. I would let guest services know about your disappointment and the lack of compliance you've seen there.

Honestly, Disney and their cast members are going above and beyond and doing everything in their power....the complaints are really getting a little picky.

Oh it’s people like that who ruin things😡! They should of said mask on or get off!
Do you know that when they take the ride photos for photo pass that the riders who don’t have masks on those photos are not shown and not available. So if your on a ride where people in the same photo like Splash have no mask you won’t get that photo.
Unless it has changed.

I thought mask compliance was good, not great. I think a combination of apathy and anxiety are keeping CMs from consistently enforcing rules. Apathy -- they ask nicely and are either ignored or the person complies briefly. Anxiety -- Is this the person who is going to swear at, spit at or God forbid attack them? I did email @ guest services with a suggestion that a CM should be walking through the queues checking on mask compliance. They thanked me for my suggestion. 😐 Overall, go, have fun, but remember your personal responsibility. If you're uncomfortable, leave and go do something else. Plan low-key weekend days as the parks are busy. Disney Springs is okay for an early weekend brunch. I would definitely go to WDW again and have reservations over Christmas. Who knows what could be going on by then?

Do you know that when they take the ride photos for photo pass that the riders who don’t have masks on those photos are not shown and not available. So if your on a ride where people in the same photo like Splash have no mask you won’t get that photo.
Unless it has changed.
I'll circle back and let you know!
We rode Pirates yesterday and the family in the front were all masked except a child (he looked older than 2 to me, but wasn't going to judge as some kids are taller). I did wonder if the photo would show up though. So far it hasn't, but neither have some others taken within an hour or two after that. Ride photos are slower to show up than usual.

I did email @ guest services with a suggestion that a CM should be walking through the queues checking on mask compliance.
My husband and I said this as well. Give the CMs the authority to remove them from the line: no warnings. If they want to start to comply they can get back in line, at the end of the line. Failure to follow a 2nd time equals security called and removed from the park. But hey, leave the spoiled children to police themselves, they’ll start doing the right thing without consequences, right?

Our trip a few weeks ago in mid-July was great as far as mask compliance, up until a Saturday evening at MK. All things considered, we felt Disney was doing a great job with everything. But that doesn’t mean there isn’t always room for improvement or that it’s not understandable for us as guests to be frustrated with people who disregard the rules for selfish reasons.

We are hoping to go again in a few weeks, and all I can ask is that they keeping working to provide and maintain a sense of safety. I honestly don’t see how they could raise capacity after being at the park while it still had availability and feeling like it was too full. In spite of my mixed feelings, this is such an interesting time in Disney history, and once things are back to “normal” I’m sure we’ll all look back and enjoy the memory of having gone through it, with all it’s stressors and peculiarities.

How much of an actual security presence is there? While I really want Disney to be enforcing the rules (otherwise why have them) I dont want the CMs to be under the threat of physical harm from the wack a doodles. So if a CM were to need security back up, how far away is that typically? I know if I were a CM that might affect how aggressively I enforced the policy.

Or maybe the CMs feel like "why bother" since no punitive action can be taken and the maskholes can just pull their masks down 30 seconds after being addressed. I know Id certainly bother why I am risking confronting someone like that.

Perhaps those of you that have visited and felt unsafe should mention these as a concern too when you contact Disney.

I echo those reports recommending to go to parks on weekdays instead of weekends if you have flexibility to do so. Epcot wasn't terribly busy on Wednesday. Not talking deserted parks, but plenty of room to space out and wait times were not too high. DHS was Thursday and was the busiest of all parks but we did pretty much everything we wanted, except never made it on Slinky and Aliens but we opted to take in the ambiance of Galaxy's Edge rather than stand on lines. Visited Oga's for the first time, that was fun! MK was the emptiest I've ever seen it over the course of an overall day but again, not an empty park either. It was weird going old-school at this park more than the others, but the stress-free and laid back way of exploring was great.
This makes me very happy we opted for a weekday mini trip in September. Question regarding Oga's. We have been once during the first week of opening with a reservation but did you have a reservation this time? I'm not seeing any availability so im wondering if walk ins are available?

This makes me very happy we opted for a weekday mini trip in September. Question regarding Oga's. We have been once during the first week of opening with a reservation but did you have a reservation this time? I'm not seeing any availability so im wondering if walk ins are available?
We had a ressie. I heard them turn away a walkin when we were going by on Wed.

We will be there next Sunday, and yesterday my mom was able to grab a reservation. Keep checking. One should pop up sooner or later.

We did have a reservation. Tried to adjust it to a different time but there was no availability. I'm sorry, I'm not sure if they were taking walkups right now but can't hurt to ask?

Just curious, wanting to hear of any experiences with the parks being open of very young children wearing face masks.

We had to cancel our trip due in September due to flights being cancelled and border bans. We would love to try and plan a trip next year but not sure about the face masks.

Me and my husband are happy to wear one if we had to but our current nearly 3 year old is a different situation. I just can’t imagine getting her to wear one all day without some serious tantrums/constant nagging. In the UK we only need to wear them when in shops and kids under 10 don’t need to wear them so never tried to get her to wear one.

Would Disney kick us out if she wouldn’t keep hers on?

Compliance has been pretty good for the most part. I'm actually surprised it is as good as it is, as I have very little faith in humanity to begin with. I feel the ratio of selfish bleeps to those following directions is much higher than what you encounter in everyday life.

Short of staying at home, this is about as safe and comfortable as I've felt since this mess started.

I would warn anyone of going to any indoor shows if you are any bit bothered by people without masks. Without really thinking about it, we went in and saw the American Experience on Saturday. Everyone was wearing a mask when we sat down. I looked around during after the show had started and id guess that half the audience had taken them off as soon as the lights went down. The theater was probably a 1/4 full and everyone was spaced properly, but if we get sick, that is definitely the prime candidate from where we got it.

So we are currently here. What we have taken away so far is the heat is brutal. Especially if you’re from further north with less humidity. The humidity is really a killer. We have had lots of water and have really tried to take a relaxed approach. I would say this past weekend lines for newer rides have been longer than previously reported. It could be a weekend thing because of locals. Waiting to see how this upcoming week is. I am doing our trip report ———> Link here I am trying to post the morning after.
Mask compliance has been pretty good IMO but we also live in Wisconsin and only recently had a mask mandate go into effect for the whole state. So for us this is an improvement over what’s going on at home. Some noses here and there with maybe 2 or 3 people who are wearing chin straps.

Just got back from Disney Springs, had a job interview that didn't pan out :( anyways, busy for sure, mask adherence at it's worst, almost spoke up when a whole family, with masks on their chins were blocking the escalator to go up to the lime garage, I was already upset about the job and if I had opened my mouth it would not have ended pretty.
Anyways, if possible avoid DS weekend afternoons.
I agree re the masks yesterday at DS. I saw a CM approach a maskless guy yesterday and he just said that he was hot and needed a break.....I guess the rest of us are reveling in wearing face coverings while navigating the gates of hell. I'd say kids under the age of 5 have been about 50/50 in the parks, and in families around our resort, it's typically been the dads that have been in violation. I have to be honest and acknowledge that in the past 10 days I've gotten up at a restaurant and forgotten 3 times and DH has done it twice. I'm not coming back for a real trip again until November. We haven't spent more than 3 hours in a park on any day because of the heat and the additional discomfort of the mask.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter