Here's the thread to post requests for pre-cruise postcards for children

Status
Not open for further replies.
How far in advance are postcards being sent out? We're not traveling till May 2005, but I want to make sure I request enough time. My DD's are a little older (they will be 10 & 12 years old), but they are always thrilled to receive mail. Can I request specific characters to be sent or is it whatever you have? My 10 year old LOVES Tinkerbell and my 12 year old loves Eeyore, but I'm sure they would love any character.

Thanks

How far in advance are postcards being sent out? We're not traveling till May 2005, but I want to make sure I request enough time. My DD's are a little older (they will be 10 & 12 years old), but they are always thrilled to receive mail. Can I request specific characters to be sent or is it whatever you have? My 10 year old LOVES Tinkerbell and my 12 year old loves Eeyore, but I'm sure they would love any character.
Postcards are generally sent out the same week as they are requested, so you may want to wait until you get closer to your cruise date. If you want them sent now, however, just send me a PM with their names, address, and which ship you will be sailing on.

The postcards are DCL postcards, with Mickey and Minnie on the ship or Captain Hook and Mr. Smee on Castaway Cay. We personalize and sign them from the requested character.

Maureen

This is so fun. It would be great for my 5 year old DS to get a postcard from Mickey. We are going on the 1/8/05 cruise and it is a present from Santa. So it would be great if it said something like "Santa was looking for a great present for Russell". Oh thank you so much.

Since this is a Christmas present, you might want to wait until late November or early December. If you want the postcard sent now, however, just send me a PM with his name, address, and which ship you will be sailing on.

We're sailing on our first cruise on Sept. 18. My DD will be celebrating her birthday on the cruise.
Send me a PM with their names, address, favorite characters, and which ship you will be on. I'll be mailing out cards on Monday.

We are sailing on the Magic Oct 16th. Would really appreciate it if my 2 daughters 12 and 8 could get a postcard. Their favorite character is Stitch. Thank you.
Send me a PM with their names and address, and I'll make sure Stitch gets a card out! (See my tags ;) )

My two sons will be sailing on the halloween cruise and would love to receive post cards. My youngest will be actually be turning 8 on Halloween so this would be extra special. I am trying to get him excited but right now he doesn't want to go because he is afraid he won't be able to have a party and trick-or-treating with his best friend.
Send me a PM with their names, address, favorite characters, and which ship you will be on. I'll be mailing cards out on Monday.

Sorry to post these all separately, but I thought it would be easier. Maybe not. LOL!

If I've missed anyone, just go ahead and send me a PM with your info.

Maureen

I would love to have 2 postcards sent to my daughters. It doesn't matter who is on it. They would love Minnie or any of the princesses. They of course would love Mickey too. We are on the Sept. 16 Wonder!

Thanks Maureen! I'll wait until April and then get in touch with you.:D

Just received postcard for my four daughters, wanted to say a big thanks for the thoughtful gesture. They are still talking among themselves as to where the card actually came from. They are so excited, leaving in 20 days.

Thanks again,
Willoughbyclan

We are going on a 7 night Disney Cruise in December. My 4 year old daughter LOVES to get mail and would be thrilled to get a postcard from Mickey. Would appreciate it if anyone would help out. Thanks!

Sarah Woodard

p.s. I have a Disney Cruise Line postcard from a previous cruise, it has a picture of the ship with Peter Pan and Tinker Bell flying around it, if anyone would like me to mail it to their child. It would have a Tulsa, Oklahoma stamp on it, so it should be to a child not yet reading. :-)

We are going on a 7 night Disney Cruise in December. My 4 year old daughter LOVES to get mail and would be thrilled to get a postcard from Mickey. Would appreciate it if anyone would help out. Thanks!
Send me a PM with her name and address, and I'll get a card out this week.

Maureen

We're cruising on the November 6 Western with two other families. The kids of all families (6 kids in all) would LOVE to get a little surprise along these lines! Can anyone help?

:bounce: I am taking my niece on her very first cruise on Oct 1. Might someone be able to send a card to her? She and I are both so excited we look at these websites every day....Thanks!

It would be nice if some of the folks who receive cards could also send postcards when they return from their cruise. Everyone receives several postcards in their stateroom. If those who receive could also send when they return home that would really help out. I've sent out 30 or 40 myself and I know that doesn't compare with the hundreds VerandahMan has sent out since he received a large package of postcards directly from Disney. I guess when I started this thread I thought that it wouldn't be a few people sending with hundreds receiving the postcards. So if someone sends you a postcard could you try to send one out when you return from your cruise to someone who posts with a request?

I am taking my niece on her very first cruise on Oct 1. Might someone be able to send a card to her? She and I are both so excited we look at these websites every day....Thanks!
I would like to request a postcard for my 8 yr.old son. That would awesome. Stacie
Please send me a PM with names, addresses, favorite character, date of cruise and which ship you will be on, and I'll get cards out within the next week.

It would be nice if some of the folks who receive cards could also send postcards when they return from their cruise. Everyone receives several postcards in their stateroom. If those who receive could also send when they return home that would really help out. I've sent out 30 or 40 myself and I know that doesn't compare with the hundreds VerandahMan has sent out since he received a large package of postcards directly from Disney. I guess when I started this thread I thought that it wouldn't be a few people sending with hundreds receiving the postcards. So if someone sends you a postcard could you try to send one out when you return from your cruise to someone who posts with a request?

Thanks for the post! I sent you a PM.

Maureen

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter