• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

***Hey, Hey! Come right in and plan, OFFICIAL OCTOBER 2017 thread!!!***

Hi and welcome!!! That sounds like a nice long trip at a great hotel! :)
Thank you. It is a nice long trip, but we're coming a long way so want it to be worth while. There is so much I want to do and see, not sure I will actually fit it all in!!

Just keeping us on the first page, closer and closer!

Any other trips anyone is going on? We leave for Dollywood in a couple of weeks. We are staying at the Dreammore Resort for 4 nights. Our first time there, looking forward to it!

Bump for a new weekend!

Why is it still so hot here??? (Chicago) I'm done with summer, I have new coats I want to wear! :p

Joining in! My mom just agreed last night to let me take her on her first WDW trip, and we've decided on next October.

I have no dates yet, but probably the first or second week. Also not sure on resort...thinking CR tower, maybe. I won't book until we're back from our upcoming December trip, and I have another trip I'm planning with my MIL in May, so my head is spinning a little. I've never had so many trips to plan at once!
I'll be upgrading my December ticket to an AP to make this all a little easier :-)

I plan to get MNSSHP tickets for us, and am excited about Food and Wine.
Looking forward to planning with you all!!

hello hello!!!

I'll add you to the list and you can add dates later if you would like.

Hopefully more people will join soon so we can feed our need to plan! :p

hello hello!!!

I'll add you to the list and you can add dates later if you would like.

Hopefully more people will join soon so we can feed our need to plan! :p

Woohoo! Thanks!

It'll probably pick up in the next few months...I started the December 2016 thread when we booked 488 days out, LOL! It took awhile to get going.

I've always wanted to go in the fall, but because of the kids' school schedule it's been off the table as a family trip month. Glad to have this special trip with my mom, and I'm SO EXCITED about the Halloween party!!
This trip will be fun to plan because my mom will want to do a lot of the "first timer" stuff that I haven't planned in a long time. I will have to fight the urge to not try and cram in too much and overwhelm her.

Hello everyone! So excited that there are other people out there who are as excited as I am to plan for a trip that's over a year away! I'm back on the DIS after a long break from the boards and from Disney vacations due to life (getting my bachelor's and master's degrees and job searching), but I love sharing my excitement for Disney. My boyfriend and I will most likely be traveling October 14th-21st and staying at an off site timeshare. We will definitely be doing Halloween Horror Nights at Universal since Paul (BF) is a huge horror buff and I enjoy haunted houses. However, I haven't quite convinced him to do MNSSHP. We'll work on that! Can't wait to plan and get excited about our countdowns together :)

I had a talk with my mom tonight about our trip...yesterday I texted her and told her to look at pictures of the deluxe resorts and tell me her favorite, and that I'd been thinking Contemporary or Polynesian. She's so funny, she said, "Oh, i like the contemporary rooms, but the Polynesian looks so pretty and relaxing...the boys (meaning my DH and kids) probably wouldn't want to stay there, right? So we could stay there and give you a chance to try it. But you know best, so..."
She wasn't very subtle in her hinting that she wanted to stay at the Poly, lol!! We talked dates too, and I think we'll end up booking the 15 - 21. I hadn't planned to book until we return from our Christmas trip, but I may end up booking this week just to lock in a reservation for a standard view in case I don't end up getting an AP discount for some reason. It makes me nervous to have three trips in my MDE in case something gets mixed up, though!

Welcome xJenna! I will add you to the list!

xlsm- would you like me to add those dates? We are staying at Polynesian, very excited!

Okay - we are going on our long weekend trip to Dollywood this week, so I won't be updating over the weekend, but will when I get back if we get any newcomers! :)

Welcome xJenna! I will add you to the list!

xlsm- would you like me to add those dates? We are staying at Polynesian, very excited!

Okay - we are going on our long weekend trip to Dollywood this week, so I won't be updating over the weekend, but will when I get back if we get any newcomers! :)

Yep, you can add those dates. If anything changes between now and then I'll just mention it in an update. Really looking forward to the Poly. I've never stayed there, but I've spent a lot of time there on various trips through the years, and I plan on gorging myself on dole whips and hanging out at Trader Sam's!

Hi everyone!

Back from Dollywood trip. Was fun. That park is GORGEOUS!!! The coasters are fantastic. We stayed at the DreamMore, it was nice, I'd recommend it. I will say, I won't complain about Disney food prices again - expensive there, more than I thought it would be and just not that good, even the restaurants in the surrounding area.

Woohooo, I left the airport saying the next time I see will I will be leaving for Disney! :rotfl:

Hey all!

We'll be checking into Beach Club on 13th October 2017, looking forward to seeing the parks in full Halloween mode! :)

Hey all!

We'll be checking into Beach Club on 13th October 2017, looking forward to seeing the parks in full Halloween mode! :)

Hello!!!

You've been added to the list - I think things will pick up here soon for conversation and planning - we are getting closer to only being a year out! :rotfl:

Hello!!!

You've been added to the list - I think things will pick up here soon for conversation and planning - we are getting closer to only being a year out! :rotfl:
Thank you!! Nearly time for booking flights

Yes! When I'm technically a year out, I start getting my planning notebook, ordering guidebooks, reading restaurant menus, looking at the park times for this year to try and guesstimate next year....
I love to travel, everywhere. But one of the reasons WDW is one of my favorites is that the whole year preceding the trip is part of the vacation for me! I love after the Holidays, when usually you are kind of bummed out it's January - not me! Time to start really deciding on restaurants. :teeth: Making my airline reservations, then Magical Express. Then getting Mickey mail with luggage tags, party tickets, magic bands!

I know a lot of people do not like it, but for me, the ADR's, fast pass reservations, etc. just makes it more fun.

I know, I'm an odd bird

Yes! When I'm technically a year out, I start getting my planning notebook, ordering guidebooks, reading restaurant menus, looking at the park times for this year to try and guesstimate next year....
I love to travel, everywhere. But one of the reasons WDW is one of my favorites is that the whole year preceding the trip is part of the vacation for me! I love after the Holidays, when usually you are kind of bummed out it's January - not me! Time to start really deciding on restaurants. :teeth: Making my airline reservations, then Magical Express. Then getting Mickey mail with luggage tags, party tickets, magic bands!

I know a lot of people do not like it, but for me, the ADR's, fast pass reservations, etc. just makes it more fun.

I know, I'm an odd bird
Haha we love the countdowns to different milestones (ADRs, FPs etc) makes it loads of fun!

Well I think I have talked my husband into a couple extra days so 8-9 instead of 7 and I sneakily talked him into trying out a moderate instead of POP. Any recommendations?

Well I think I have talked my husband into a couple extra days so 8-9 instead of 7 and I sneakily talked him into trying out a moderate instead of POP. Any recommendations?
Port Orleans Riverside in a Mansion would be my first choice, followed by Caribbean Beach :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter