***Hey, Hey! Come right in and plan, OFFICIAL OCTOBER 2017 thread!!!***

The mail typically starts coming 30 days out. ME tags, package extras, and then bands since the customization seems like it can take forever!

Hello everyone...so as I've mentioned in the past in freaking out about AK fastpasses because I'm off property and only get 30 days access. My days to book are this week and I've been stalking the system checking the days before...it doesn't look good for FoP.

Can anyone who has earlier access check to see if FoP is available on October 8th?I'm just wondering if I should just succumb to the fact that I'm not getting it or if there's hope.

Thank you!!!

Screen Shot 2017-09-02 at 12.28.21 PM.png

If this will remain your AK day, I would just check everyday, even while you are on your trip! I was able to get an earlier FEA FP+ day of when it was previously booked solid. People constantly shuffle plans.

Ugh. Every vacation we go on I do this. Different pets throughout our lives, but my anxiety is always the same.

These two are our current fur children, 2 years old. We don't have people who are willing to stay at our place and watch them and I'm not leaving them alone for 10 nights with someone just checking on them. But we do have in case of emergency people who will get them if need be.

They will be boarded at our vet, who they know very well. They were boarded there last year for 5 nights and did great, this year is 10 nights. :(
We always have our pets stay there (current and previous).
The vets and techs love these guys. They share a huge kennel, will have their toys, blankets, etc. The techs play with them, apparently one would just carry Walnut around with him.
They are in the best place should anything go wrong. I know it's not ideal and no cat "loves" being boarded, but I know they will be well taken care of. It's a hospital not just a clinic, so there are always people there.

I just always feel so, so guilty. I cry all day before we leave and Micky drops them off at the vet w/out me because I would just stress them out. :( I am very jealous of how he is so relaxed about all of it! But I will say, knowing I'm coming home to get them makes ending the trip a lot easier!

Resized_20170817_150046.jpeg

Last edited:

Oh I understand! It is hard to leave our fur babies, because you can't tell them what is going on. We have a house sitter coming in for our holiday. One of ours is a bit anxious and wouldn't cope with boarding I don't think. I hope this is the better option!

Cashew (the darker one) is the more nervous one. But neither one of them I would describe as scared. They love people, come around right away whenever anyone comes over.
They spent the few first months of their lives in kennels where we adopted them, so it's not "new". Micky reminded me that they did great last year when they were boarded and that cats have no sense of time. They won't realize that they are there longer this time!

The vet said in most cases, it's usually harder on the person than the pet. ;)

Well, one more thing to celebrate- maybe... My adult daughter got a house and is finally moving out on her own( she's 26). I'm happy and sad, but now I have 2 projects to focus on- besides work- moving her out ( she's just moving down the street) and moving my craft/sewing stuff into her room. I will have plenty of room for scrapbooking our trip to Disney!!!

Last edited:
Please change my dates and resorts:

October 22 - 26, Contemporary Resort
October 26 - 29, Pop Century

Thanks!

Today I ordered some luggage and took advantage of free shipping from the disney parks app. I picked up clearance magicbands for dh and dd. Dd loves orange bird and I thought dh would like the slimmer fit of the old style plus star wars! Progress!

So, I went to disneyfoodblog and read up on all the menu changes for this year's F&W. I've narrowed it down to 12 booths we HAVE to visit. We have exactly one afternoon in Epcot for our upcoming trip. I'm gonna have to get some eating pants.

635831273624856114-1461661657_pants.gif

So, I went to disneyfoodblog and read up on all the menu changes for this year's F&W. I've narrowed it down to 12 booths we HAVE to visit. We have exactly one afternoon in Epcot for our upcoming trip. I'm gonna have to get some eating pants.

635831273624856114-1461661657_pants.gif

I love it! I think you've found the next million dollar idea. Renting pregnancy pants during F&W!!

Found out about a great app on another thread-WDW food and wine app has all the menus, prices and can add to wish list and mark off what you've tried. My daughter had the day off today so she hit up a few kiosks - and sent pictures to tease me LOL!

the app is literally "WDW Food&Wine" search on the app store (don't think there is an android version). It is free too!!

the app is literally "WDW Food&Wine" search on the app store (don't think there is an android version). It is free too!!

Thank you for sharing! I was literally complaining to my husband last night how badly I needed something like this. I love these boards!

Time to join us over here in 'Packing list, plan tweaking limbo!' :cool1: It's a nice place where you count ponchos, wonder how many pairs of shorts you own and move plans around in increments of 10-30mins.

Yaaayyy!!! :lmao:

I have packing lists started. YDS and I are going to make a paper chain for our 50-day countdown and plan weekly movie nights for the family. (He inherited my planning gene. :woohoo:) Plus he's discovered Disney vblogs and tries to get DH and me to watch every night.

I know it's too early to call on a birthday cake for ODS,but that makes me so nervous! I can't wait to do that.

Oh man, I think I am going to be an emotional wreck by the time we get there. I am tearing up reading other stuff. Just read a thread where a Houston family is heading off a couple of days later than they were supposed to, but are grateful that they get to go, and Fastpasser said that it will all be fine when they go through the Disney arch and I teared up - I teared up again just writing this!

Am I going to spend the entire trip in tears????

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter