Hey! I bought my first AP for our 10 day trip in 2020, I have some Table in Wonderland questions?

Farro

Argh.
So I know we can buy the TIW card for $150.

Is there a certain time I need to buy it before trip? We don't go until May 2020.

We actually only have one AP and will be buying one regular park hopper ticket. When dining with TIW, a long as I'm purchasing for both of us, myself just having the TIW card is fine, right?

Does it also work at quick service restaurants?

thanks! :)

So I know we can buy the TIW card for $150.

Is there a certain time I need to buy it before trip? We don't go until May 2020.

We actually only have one AP and will be buying one regular park hopper ticket. When dining with TIW, a long as I'm purchasing for both of us, myself just having the TIW card is fine, right?

Does it also work at quick service restaurants?

thanks! :)
You will have to pay for both. Very few QS Are included.
Www.tablesinwonderland.com

Silly question on my part I’m sure, but if APs are only good for a year and you just bought yours, how will you use it in May 2020?

We purchased in January and will definitely be buying TiW ahead of our June trip. We have a reservation for 10 at Ohana where we are buying so it saves us roughly $100 just for that one meal. Another few stops and it pays for itself, yay!

Silly question on my part I’m sure, but if APs are only good for a year and you just bought yours, how will you use it in May 2020?

We purchased in January and will definitely be buying TiW ahead of our June trip. We have a reservation for 10 at Ohana where we are buying so it saves us roughly $100 just for that one meal. Another few stops and it pays for itself, yay!

AP's are good for one year after activation and OP has not activated the AP yet. OP has simply purchased an AP voucher at this point.

Keep in mind, too, that for two people, you have to spend a lot on food to break even with the TIW card. You may want to price out the table service meals you would eat to see if it would be worth it, especially since counter service is not included.

We eat sit down each night, with wine/cocktails. 10 days and I'm sure we spend at least $100 on most dinners. Appetizers.

Do you think that would be near breaking even?

Math is not my forte....

We eat sit down each night, with wine/cocktails. 10 days and I'm sure we spend at least $100 on most dinners. Appetizers.

Do you think that would be near breaking even?

Math is not my forte....

Well that would be a savings of $200 at 20% with TIW, but only a real savings of $50 since you had to buy it.

If you didn’t buy it, you could go with the 10% annual discount which doesn’t save you anything on alcohol.
But let’s say you’re roughly spending at least $50 on food per night and the other half on alcohol. Does that sound about right? So if it was about $500 in food, your savings would be about $50 with the AP.

If that’s the case, it sounds like a wash.

Well that would be a savings of $200 at 20% with TIW, but only a real savings of $50 since you had to buy it.

If you didn’t buy it, you could go with the 10% annual discount which doesn’t save you anything on alcohol.
But let’s say you’re roughly spending at least $50 on food per night and the other half on alcohol. Does that sound about right? So if it was about $500 in food, your savings would be about $50 with the AP.

If that’s the case, it sounds like a wash.

Thanks!

Only one of will have an annual pass though. Does the 10% off apply to the whole check, or each individual pass holder? I know TIW applies to the entire check that I would be paying.

Thanks!

Only one of will have an annual pass though. Does the 10% off apply to the whole check, or each individual pass holder? I know TIW applies to the entire check that I would be paying.
Yes. You can use the one AP for both of you. The other thing to consider is that TIW tacks on an 18% tip onto the bill. With the AP, you can determine your own tip.

We have both APs and TIW. TIW saves us much more! We sound like you, table service nightly and drinks. 20% off the wine alone makes up any differences in just the AP discount. You can also use it at resort bars (not pool bars), so 20% off of that tab is nice too. As for QS, the only place I think about it is Flame Tree BBQ.

Let's do some math. You're looking at way more than $100 if you order two entrees and two drinks or a bottle of wine each night. It's pretty typical for us to spend $200. Let say we go out 5 times like that in a weeklong trip. That's $1000. We get $200 off of that, so we're up by $50. But we also eat some counter service, stop into the resort bar for a drink, or sometimes have an impromptu sit down lunch. Conservatively, let's say another $400. Another $80. This is low end for us. (we like to drink, we like to eat, we've got big livers and big stomachs and one kid who also eats). So that's a shorter trip, and I'm $130 ahead of the TIW fee.

Okay, now think about it with APs. The food bill is typically 50-60% of our total bill. So dinners it would be $550, or $55 saved on AP discount. Add in $220 for QS food--$22. So $77 saved with AP only.

To put it bluntly, if you are a drinker TIW is the way to go.

@k_hase Thanks! I was looking at menu and I agree our dinners will most likely be over $100 with alcohol.

But bars...we are staying at Boardwalk and will usually end the night at the hotel bar. We also have the option of Abracadabar (sp?) - do you mean we can use the TIW card there also? And at Belle Vue, the hotel bar?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter