HHI LOVERS THREAD

As a HHI owner, how difficult is it to book the studios for June/July?
Well, since there are only 16 studios and summer is the peak season, it's smart to book right at 11 months out.

ETA: sleepydog25 is correct. There are 21 studios, not 16.

Last edited:

Thanks! We are here and found 2 bakeries on google and were wondering which one it was.
Yes, Hilton Head Social Bakery is the one right beside Scott's, and is perhaps the best bakery on the island, as well as the most expensive.
First time going to HH - is there a minimum height requirement for the pool slide?
I don't believe so--tons of small kids go on the slide.
June and July are two of the busiest--if not THE busiest--times for HHI. If you want a 2BR, you likely won't have too much difficulty booking right at 11 months as those are the most numerous units--76 of them. Conversely, there are only 21 studios and 21 1BRs, so those book quickly. Not only are the studios and 1BRs few in number, but they're also primarily located in Bldgs 11 and 12, thus the only rooms accessible via an elevator and making them even more popular. For the record, there are only 5 GVs, as well.

I have seen a lot of recommendations for renting bikes.

I have a DD4 who rides with training wheels. Do they have kids bikes with training wheels, or else a bike she can ride on with me?

Grandpa is disabled and cannot ride. Anything handicapped accessible?

I really would like to rent bikes at least for me and DD but am not sure it will work.

I have seen a lot of recommendations for renting bikes.

I have a DD4 who rides with training wheels. Do they have kids bikes with training wheels, or else a bike she can ride on with me?

Grandpa is disabled and cannot ride. Anything handicapped accessible?

I really would like to rent bikes at least for me and DD but am not sure it will work.

They do not have kids bikes. We also have a 4yr old and we just got back. It was HUGE drama with him that he couldn't get a bike.

Can you bring hers? That way she could ride and everyone else could rent?

There was also a bike rental place across the marina with what looked like a wide variety of bikes. We just walked past it but maybe they would have something for her and possibly Gpa?

Looking for best 2BR close to pool to request.

Are the only lock off 2 BRs in the Lodge?

We had the top floor of 25, the one directly behind the pool slide. Since the pool closed at 8 and it was chilly, the pool was not loud or busy. It was really perfect for us. I can imagine if the pool was open later than the youngest's bedtime, that would probably be an issue. Or if you like a lot of privacy it might not be the room for you, the slide entry was literally a couple feet from the railing. LOL

But we could play the pool games from the balcony and the rec cast include you which was fun. And we kept the door open most of the time to get the fresh air and the music from the pool.

Plus from the dining table, you can see all the way out to the end of the pier.

Hi - I am sure there is a logical answer, beside size, but why is the gift shop at HHI so lacking?? They could easily fit more products that would sell or expand it ?

Hi - I am sure there is a logical answer, beside size, but why is the gift shop at HHI so lacking?? They could easily fit more products that would sell or expand it ?
I know they sell some new items, but one of the appeals for us is that we have found items that had long ago stopped being sold by Disney. Some of our coolest finds were things (usually dolls or toys) that were no longer sold in the parks, online, or at Disney stores. So, I think it depends what someone is looking for. Merchandise does rotate (even within a few days of being there), so I guess it can be difficult to get the right mix of food, toiletries, DVC merchandise, beach items, clothing, and toys that appeal to everyone. And, like I mentioned, sometimes shelf space may go to older items that have been sent there, almost like they are expected to be an outlet store, too. I'm sure they could take suggestions if there is something you wish they sold!

Cast members at HHI are the best!
We stayed on Saturday night in a studio in Live Oak Lodge.
Gift shop has an interesting mixture of beach, HHI, DVC, WDW, etc.
Food was great! (Dole whips, Mickey pretzel, beignets, etc.)

Hilton Head is so small and there are a very limited number of studio rooms I would book immediately. Whenever we stay there we always book as early as they allow (we are not owners so 7 months) as it fills up so quickly.

Hilton Head is so small and there are a very limited number of studio rooms I would book immediately. Whenever we stay there we always book as early as they allow (we are not owners so 7 months) as it fills up so quickly.

I own at AKL. I stalked the websites for studios for June/July this year at HHI, as I wanted a beach trip.

Owners did not seem to have an issue, but they were snatched up fast at the 7 month mark. I could not get a week after July 4 at all (a couple of days were gone before the 7 month window). There were also days here and there that were already booked by owners and unavailable, so I couldn't walk it. I ended up spotting a Thursday through Wednesday that was free and got it to walk my reservation over a few days to my desired days of the week (Sunday through Thursday). It worked, but only because I had enough free points to do it. Someone with 50 or 100 points may not have been able to make it work.

Hi all, we‘re visiting HHI soon and I was wondering if there is any point in having a credit card on file. Without the wristbands I wasn’t sure if you could charge food to the room, for example.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter