Hi Ho Hi Ho its off to WDW we go...major cliff hanger coming

Status
Not open for further replies.
ohh! i cannot wait to see how they turn out! my sewing machine scared the bejesus out of me.. I just know i will sew something together like my fingers...

Hope they get the school stuff straightened out soon!

I may sew my fingers together as well...lol.

I love sewing!! I can't wait to see what you create!!

I hope that I can get to "Love" right now I'm more on the word..."Fear"

Wow, you must have some serious sewing skills. As someone who literally flunked home ec (my parents were so proud) I'm so envious of anyone that can sew. Looking forward to seeing what ya come up with

Oh no, no sewing skills whatsoever:) Literally can't thread our machine, if that's what it's even called. Just going to turn on YouTube, get some material and try it out. What do I have to lose besides my fingers lol.

Well it's officially Easter Break and the teacher in me knows to enjoy the 5 days off because that's it until summer break. On another note the government finally came to a decision that in Iowa school can't start until August 23rd, so we should have a 2015-2016 school calendar soon!!! It was 70 degrees here today, but it was soooo windy you couldn't set anything down outside without fear of it blowing away. Tonight we have our 1st official thunderstorm of the season. Hopefully I can sleep we have lots to accomplish tomorrow. DS Austin turns the big 7 next week, and cookies need ordered, a birthday "barn" needs picked up and his bike he wiped out on needs repaired. Then we also need to get some Easter baskets in order.

Hope everyone else has a wonderful couple of days:)

We are back from Phoenix, and I'm slowly making my way around the DIS to try to catch up.

Nice RV!

Tell Austin we went to see the Gator Boys last September and it was really cool.

As for your restaurants:

BOG -- have eaten dinner there 3 times and really like it (eating there in May again)
Crystal Palace breakfast -- a must do for us
Sanaa -- never done
Liberty Tree Tavern -- love lunch there
Ohana Breakfast -- haven't done; never been a big Stitch fan and I prefer a buffet over family style and don't eat scrambled eggs so it's not worth the cost for me
Chefs de France -- has become a favorite
Tutto Italia or La Hacienda -- never done either (I don't do Mexican)
1900 Park Fare -- never done but I hear the character interaction is awesome

I may have asked somewhere else but don't remember. Where in Iowa are you? Our son and daughter-in-law live in Dubuque

WHAT HAPPENED TO YOUR FOOT?

Oh noooooo! That is a tragic beginning to your break. I completely understand; my computer break down was the bummer of my break- just as disappointing. Get well soon; I hope you can find some fun things to do during your short, but well-deserved rest!

OH NO!!!!!!!!!!! I missed that post before I posted! That was NOT the kind of break I was hoping you'd be enjoying... UGH!!!!!! Good luck, sending a :hug: your way!!! Wishing you a quick recovery!

Hi, Amber! :wave2:

I hope you write a trip report - I don't think I've ever read one that involved camping at Fort Wilderness! I am not much of a camper (heck, I'm not a camper at all!), but I could probably handle staying in that beautiful camper that you're renting!

As I always tend to have opinions about food, I'll give you my two (or twelve! :laughing:) cents:

My FAVORITES on your list include:
BOG Dinner - We LOVED this meal last time! I don't know why some people don't like it, as I found both the surroundings and the food to be very good!
Crystal Palace breakfast - This is my favorite pre-park opening breakfast. I highly recommend Pooh's Puffed French Toast and the make-your-own omelet station!
Liberty Tree Tavern lunch - This is one of our favorite lunches! The food is great, but we ADORE the Ooey Gooey Toffee Cake! Yum!

I've not yet been to Sanaa or the 1900 Park Fare dinner, but both are on the itinerary for my next trip! I always here such good things about both of them so I'm sure they're great!

I didn't love the 'Ohana breakfast, but that was mostly due to the character interactions, not the food. The Liliko'i Juice is fabulous and I really liked the bread basket and the fresh fruit. My favorite breakfast at the Poly is at Kona, but I understand your desire to eat here due to the kiddos and your love for Lilo.

I've never been to House of Blues, but I believe people like it. If you're looking for Southern food, Boatwrights at Port Orleans Riverside is often described as a surprise gem of a restaurant. If you're choosing it due to location, I'd also highly recommend Wolfgang Puck Express (the Marketplace location is best due to their expanded menu). This is one of the best QS places on Disney property!

I've also not been to Chefs de France or Tutto Italia. I actually really loved La Hacienda de San Angel - that was a surprise favorite last time. If you're interested in Italian I'd highly, highly recommend Via Napoli - their pizza is excellent and they also have some very tasty pasta. Via is my favorite restaurant in all of Disney World.

Good luck on your dining choices! :goodvibes

Oh noooo!!! Scared to ask....???

Scared to answer :idea: lol

We are back from Phoenix, and I'm slowly making my way around the DIS to try to catch up.

Nice RV!

Tell Austin we went to see the Gator Boys last September and it was really cool.

As for your restaurants:

BOG -- have eaten dinner there 3 times and really like it (eating there in May again)
Crystal Palace breakfast -- a must do for us
Sanaa -- never done
Liberty Tree Tavern -- love lunch there
Ohana Breakfast -- haven't done; never been a big Stitch fan and I prefer a buffet over family style and don't eat scrambled eggs so it's not worth the cost for me
Chefs de France -- has become a favorite
Tutto Italia or La Hacienda -- never done either (I don't do Mexican)
1900 Park Fare -- never done but I hear the character interaction is awesome

I may have asked somewhere else but don't remember. Where in Iowa are you? Our son and daughter-in-law live in Dubuque

WHAT HAPPENED TO YOUR FOOT?

Thanks we are going to try for BOG dinner, Tutto Italia, Crystal Palace, Sanaa, and Liberty Tree Tavern. We are going to try and skip "most" buffets since the girls would never eat enough to make it worth it. We live in NE Iowa only about 20 minutes south of the Minnesota border.

Oh noooooo! That is a tragic beginning to your break. I completely understand; my computer break down was the bummer of my break- just as disappointing. Get well soon; I hope you can find some fun things to do during your short, but well-deserved rest!

Thanks...luckily I have the lapto, iPad and iPhone to keep me entertained.

OH NO!!!!!!!!!!! I missed that post before I posted! That was NOT the kind of break I was hoping you'd be enjoying... UGH!!!!!! Good luck, sending a :hug: your way!!! Wishing you a quick recovery!

That's ok...

:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

I truly have no idea what I did to my foot. Went for a walk the other night and woke up in pain (not normal I have a high pain tolerance). Too high the Dr. often says. I went to school and then waited until yesterday to go in but by the time I woke up I couldn't bear weight on it. I went in and the Dr. wanted X-rays but told me before I even went he was pretty sure it was a stress fracture and I'd end up at the Podiatrist. Sure enough that was the diagnosis...and I get this beautiful boot for 6 weeks. I'm suppose to wear it to bed but apparently I took it off in the middle of the night. It's heavy :confused3.

So all of our Easter plans are on hold now. I did manage to get the barn picked up for DS Austins birthday present. I found it on ESTY and then found out she only lives about an hour away. I was so excited because he'd wanted one forever. We also got RED tractor and RED barn cookies ordered for his birthday. party:

Hopefully everyone has a great Easter. I'm going to wrap in a blanket since the wind decided to blow today and catch up on the DIS.

Hi, Amber! :wave2:

I hope you write a trip report - I don't think I've ever read one that involved camping at Fort Wilderness! I am not much of a camper (heck, I'm not a camper at all!), but I could probably handle staying in that beautiful camper that you're renting!

As I always tend to have opinions about food, I'll give you my two (or twelve! :laughing:) cents:

My FAVORITES on your list include:
BOG Dinner - We LOVED this meal last time! I don't know why some people don't like it, as I found both the surroundings and the food to be very good!
Crystal Palace breakfast - This is my favorite pre-park opening breakfast. I highly recommend Pooh's Puffed French Toast and the make-your-own omelet station!
Liberty Tree Tavern lunch - This is one of our favorite lunches! The food is great, but we ADORE the Ooey Gooey Toffee Cake! Yum!

I've not yet been to Sanaa or the 1900 Park Fare dinner, but both are on the itinerary for my next trip! I always here such good things about both of them so I'm sure they're great!

I didn't love the 'Ohana breakfast, but that was mostly due to the character interactions, not the food. The Liliko'i Juice is fabulous and I really liked the bread basket and the fresh fruit. My favorite breakfast at the Poly is at Kona, but I understand your desire to eat here due to the kiddos and your love for Lilo.

I've never been to House of Blues, but I believe people like it. If you're looking for Southern food, Boatwrights at Port Orleans Riverside is often described as a surprise gem of a restaurant. If you're choosing it due to location, I'd also highly recommend Wolfgang Puck Express (the Marketplace location is best due to their expanded menu). This is one of the best QS places on Disney property!

I've also not been to Chefs de France or Tutto Italia. I actually really loved La Hacienda de San Angel - that was a surprise favorite last time. If you're interested in Italian I'd highly, highly recommend Via Napoli - their pizza is excellent and they also have some very tasty pasta. Via is my favorite restaurant in all of Disney World.

Good luck on your dining choices! :goodvibes

Oh I'm sure I'll do a Trip Report. No one else will want to hear alllll about my trip lol. Love your food recommendations. We already decided against Ohana even though I love Lilo, simply because its served family style and most of our kids won't touch scrambled eggs. I also realized 1900 Park Fare dinner wouldn't be anyone's favorite either and although the character interaction sounds fun I just can't justify the cost. We will see about House of Blues, I noticed lots of CS at DTD and that's why I am questionable on that one. Besides our kids are going to want to grill and eat at the camper some too!

Hi Amber - We are going this year June 10th - June 20th so I'm excited to follow along on your plans and let you know how our trip with similar dates to yours goes. I've stayed at FW many years ago in the cabins and loved it. Always felt like a short, relaxing break from the high energy of the parks. This trip we are at AoA. Have fun with your planning! As silly as it sounds I'm almost sad that our trip is getting so close because it means the fun of planning is almost over.:earsboy:

Hi Amber - We are going this year June 10th - June 20th so I'm excited to follow along on your plans and let you know how our trip with similar dates to yours goes. I've stayed at FW many years ago in the cabins and loved it. Always felt like a short, relaxing break from the high energy of the parks. This trip we are at AoA. Have fun with your planning! As silly as it sounds I'm almost sad that our trip is getting so close because it means the fun of planning is almost over.:earsboy:

Oh I can't wait to hear all about it. We debated on the cabins, but DH is 6'4 and he truly needs a king bed so it just wasn't in the cards. We debated on AKL 2 bedroom villa but I just couldn't justify the cost. I can imagine the sadness...this has been my salvation through boring snow days and sicknesses and we still have a whole school year left until we go. I am sure I will have color coded spreadsheets made up by the time we leave.

It's kind of fun that you get to have a while to do all the planning and looking forward to it though....you can change your mind and do tons of research and stuff. I find it really hard to commit that far in advance...but it's so exciting!! Your kids sound a bit like mine...they won't eat eggs either and that sometimes narrows the breakfast options.

Scared to answer :idea: lol

Thanks we are going to try for BOG dinner, Tutto Italia, Crystal Palace, Sanaa, and Liberty Tree Tavern. We are going to try and skip "most" buffets since the girls would never eat enough to make it worth it. We live in NE Iowa only about 20 minutes south of the Minnesota border.

Thanks...luckily I have the lapto, iPad and iPhone to keep me entertained.

That's ok...

:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

I truly have no idea what I did to my foot. Went for a walk the other night and woke up in pain (not normal I have a high pain tolerance). Too high the Dr. often says. I went to school and then waited until yesterday to go in but by the time I woke up I couldn't bear weight on it. I went in and the Dr. wanted X-rays but told me before I even went he was pretty sure it was a stress fracture and I'd end up at the Podiatrist. Sure enough that was the diagnosis...and I get this beautiful boot for 6 weeks. I'm suppose to wear it to bed but apparently I took it off in the middle of the night. It's heavy :confused3.

So all of our Easter plans are on hold now. I did manage to get the barn picked up for DS Austins birthday present. I found it on ESTY and then found out she only lives about an hour away. I was so excited because he'd wanted one forever. We also got RED tractor and RED barn cookies ordered for his birthday. party:

Hopefully everyone has a great Easter. I'm going to wrap in a blanket since the wind decided to blow today and catch up on the DIS.

That is so weird that you'd wake up with a fracture from just a walk. Wow! So sorry! But hey, I'd probably give up my firstborn (not really, but it sounds good) to have a week off my feet with a working laptop and time on my hands to plan!! Think lemonade, my friend!

It's kind of fun that you get to have a while to do all the planning and looking forward to it though....you can change your mind and do tons of research and stuff. I find it really hard to commit that far in advance...but it's so exciting!! Your kids sound a bit like mine...they won't eat eggs either and that sometimes narrows the breakfast options.

I know I keep thinking what will I change but luckily this far out the only thing locked in is the dates and location. Unless our school board by some miracle adopts an earlier end date, those are all set in stone.
Our kids eat some eggs...or some eat eggs lol but those are normally sunny side up :sunny: or scrambled with lots and lots of cheese and salsa on the side.

That is so weird that you'd wake up with a fracture from just a walk. Wow! So sorry! But hey, I'd probably give up my firstborn (not really, but it sounds good) to have a week off my feet with a working laptop and time on my hands to plan!! Think lemonade, my friend!

It's been interesting, I don't want much tv and have managed to still stay very busy. I need to venture out to today and go to my favorite store Target! We need Easter basket goodies.

-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/

I'm going to try googling today...Mickey tie dye shirts. It's another idea for fun shirts I could make and yet still let each D(kids) personality shine through. Heck I would wear one myself. I noticed DH has 1 Star Wars shirt already. I'm pretty sure I can get him in a Grumpy tshirt and maybe a few others. He is a total jokster when it comes to taking funny photos and will normally wear what I ask as long as it's not too matchy matchy.

Still haven't decided what we are going to do for Easter. It's actually suppose to be 70 outside so we could grill or I could get DH to put something in the crockpot with careful directions.

We shall see where the day takes us...

Happy Easter everyone :grouphug:

Joining the conversation!!! 42 isn't so bad either - first trip to WDW May 2014, 36 days until our next visit!! 40's are pretty good so far!! party:

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter