Hi I'm new here!

Jonophonics

Earning My Ears
Hi, newbie to the forum here, I've been following the DIS guys on youtube for a while now, so I decided to check out these forums. Here's a little bit about me and my "Disney" story, feel free to read on! :-)

I'm not ashamed to say it, I am obsessed with Disney, WDW in particular. Actually my obsession stretches a bit further than that. I've been visiting Kissimmee Florida since 1991 (I was only 18 months old on that visit) and my most recent trip was 2016. (I'm from Scotland)

It was this most recent trip that really got the Disney juices flowing for me again, before that I hadn't been since 2011, and at that point my grandparents had sold their holiday home out there and I thought my love of the area and Disney/Universal etc was going to fizzle out, as I was devastated. I didn't know when I'd ever get back, or if I even wanted to go back. I still don't think I'm over the fact that that villa is no longer considered our "home away from home" but after a few years away, my family (minus grandparents) decided we missed it too much, so we booked our trip.

We rented a lovely villa which was around 10 minutes from where we usually stayed, it did feel a bit strange at first, driving from the airport knowing we weren't going "home", but as soon as we got to our villa, that feeling of sadness soon went away, as this place was stunning.

My brother and I brought our girlfriends on this trip, and neither of them had been before, so everything was new to them, I think this was actually great for everyone else, as it meant we had to go everywhere and see everything. As we went so often in the past, we would tend to just pick and chose our "park days" and relax the rest of the time, but this time it was relentless Disney/Universal - and I LOVED IT!

I was now 26 years old, and for the first time I appreciated everything as a "grown up", if anyone tells you Disney is only for kids then don't listen to them. I enjoyed it this trip more than ever. So many fond memories flooding back, and it was amazing being able to now share them with my girlfriend. We all had our 2 week ultimate passes (Disney & Universal) and we definitely got our monies worth.

We now have a 5 month old little boy and I cannot express enough at how excited I am at the thought of taking him to Kissimmee and the parks. I want so badly for him to be able to experience what I experienced growing up visiting the parks, it will be a while until I'm able to make another trip, but until then I'll have to relay on the DIS to give me my fix!

Hope you're all having a great day! :-)

Welcome! I had the same experience as you when I went on a trip with my boyfriend. He had only been once before, and it was so cool seeing his reactions to everything I already knew and loved. It's such a great feeling getting them into it!

Welcome ....be warned it is addictive . I check in this forum and others daily ...lol Who am I kidding more then once a day.

Hi, newbie to the forum here, I've been following the DIS guys on youtube for a while now, so I decided to check out these forums. Here's a little bit about me and my "Disney" story, feel free to read on! :-)

I'm not ashamed to say it, I am obsessed with Disney, WDW in particular. Actually my obsession stretches a bit further than that. I've been visiting Kissimmee Florida since 1991 (I was only 18 months old on that visit) and my most recent trip was 2016. (I'm from Scotland)

It was this most recent trip that really got the Disney juices flowing for me again, before that I hadn't been since 2011, and at that point my grandparents had sold their holiday home out there and I thought my love of the area and Disney/Universal etc was going to fizzle out, as I was devastated. I didn't know when I'd ever get back, or if I even wanted to go back. I still don't think I'm over the fact that that villa is no longer considered our "home away from home" but after a few years away, my family (minus grandparents) decided we missed it too much, so we booked our trip.

We rented a lovely villa which was around 10 minutes from where we usually stayed, it did feel a bit strange at first, driving from the airport knowing we weren't going "home", but as soon as we got to our villa, that feeling of sadness soon went away, as this place was stunning.

My brother and I brought our girlfriends on this trip, and neither of them had been before, so everything was new to them, I think this was actually great for everyone else, as it meant we had to go everywhere and see everything. As we went so often in the past, we would tend to just pick and chose our "park days" and relax the rest of the time, but this time it was relentless Disney/Universal - and I LOVED IT!

I was now 26 years old, and for the first time I appreciated everything as a "grown up", if anyone tells you Disney is only for kids then don't listen to them. I enjoyed it this trip more than ever. So many fond memories flooding back, and it was amazing being able to now share them with my girlfriend. We all had our 2 week ultimate passes (Disney & Universal) and we definitely got our monies worth.

We now have a 5 month old little boy and I cannot express enough at how excited I am at the thought of taking him to Kissimmee and the parks. I want so badly for him to be able to experience what I experienced growing up visiting the parks, it will be a while until I'm able to make another trip, but until then I'll have to relay on the DIS to give me my fix!

Welcome Jonophonics! My dd’s are 18 and 19. We have been more times than I like to admit. They have let me know they will never tire of going there! My first experience with my children was amazing and still continues to be our favorite vacation. I’m sure your first visit with your son will be special!:)

Welcome to the Dis! You have definitely found a great spot to geek out over Disney. You are going to love bringing your son to WDW. :earsboy:

:welcome:

I hope you make many happy memories with your little boy!

Bobbi:)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter