Highway in the Sky Dine Around with Wishes viewing area

I think this is a great deal. I would love to do it but my next trip will just be myself and my daughter who will be 12. Not worth the price for her since she can't drink.

I wonder if they've set up a contingency for monorail breakdowns. Will the guests be transported in buses? Maybe they should delete the word Sky from their advertising.:sad2:

Really - your first thought???

Hope this doesn't cause backups on the Monorail when they take up numerous cars, multiple times.

The continued negativity recently on the DIS is truly disheartening.

Like the majority of other posters, I think this sounds great. I hope it is a success.

So they are basically taking away the public 4th floor deck? I think that's really crappy for anyone staying at the contemporary or blt not in a park view room.

I've only seen Wishes from the CG deck once, but I've heard of this deck. That would be pretty crummy if they took away all the public space.

It seems like a pretty good value (relatively speaking) for what you get - drinks, multiple courses, transportation, reserved seating, tip. If it's available in April I'd see if my sisters wanted to do it for our trip. One sister hasn't been to WDW in almost 20 years, and she wants to see Wishes in the park, however we're going post-Easter week and I just think it's going to be so crowded in the park. This could be a fun, splurge-y alternative.

Sounds like Valet Parking too. :drive:

I agree, for what you get and the locations, especially dinner, great value.

Oops. Never mind. Reading comprehension momentarily drops to zero. (Hopefully edited before someone quotes my brain freeze.)

That sounds pretty cool! I am tempted to look into it for my next trip. From the name "Highway in the Sky" I thought they were serving dinner on the People Mover!

I'm trying to talk myself out of it :badpc:

Why, why do they keep taunting me?

I'm trying to talk myself out of it :badpc:

Why, why do they keep taunting me?
I think you shouldn't talk yourself out of it! :)

We recently stayed at Contemporary and traveled to Citricos for dinner. 3 courses at Citricos + sides and no alcohol makes this "fireworks package" look amazing for the price!!

@yulilin3 ~ have you ever noticed if there are private viewing areas off of the banquet rooms at Contemporary? I know there have been wedding receptions where guests move to a deck to watch Wishes. Characters have gone out with the guests and I always thought it wasn't a public viewing area ~ somewhere specifically for the wedding party... unless they reserve the 4th floor deck for the wedding guests?

We recently stayed at Contemporary and traveled to Citricos for dinner. 3 courses at Citricos + sides and no alcohol makes this "fireworks package" look amazing for the price!!

@yulilin3 ~ have you ever noticed if there are private viewing areas off of the banquet rooms at Contemporary? I know there have been wedding receptions where guests move to a deck to watch Wishes. Characters have gone out with the guests and I always thought it wasn't a public viewing area ~ somewhere specifically for the wedding party... unless they reserve the 4th floor deck for the wedding guests?
I've never paid that much attention. Research trip!! :)

Wait a minute......... are they taking the regular 4th floor viewing deck offline for this?

AT CG there are two observation decks on the north side. Diners use the one closest to monorail. The other seems to be used for private parties .... there is one, or two private rooms at CG. All my visits it has been empty but twice, including last month there was a wedding reception in those rooms. They then came outside on that deck and they took photos of the bride&groom with fireworks behind them. I could see them using a room for the desserts then out to that deck for fireworks.

Wait a minute......... are they taking the regular 4th floor viewing deck offline for this?

If looking at blog photo, it looks like it. But there may be other options, that is what we are hoping to find out.

AT CG there are two observation decks on the north side. Diners use the one closest to monorail. The other seems to be used for private parties .... there is one, or two private rooms at CG. All my visits it has been empty but twice, including last month there was a wedding reception in those rooms. They then came outside on that deck and they took photos of the bride&groom with fireworks behind them. I could see them using a room for the desserts then out to that deck for fireworks.
Thanks, Hopper! That sounds like the ideal location for the package fireworks viewing with dessert from CG!

FAQ from the HUB
Why are you doing this? We are always challenging ourselves to come up with new and unique offerings for our Guests to make their vacations even more memorable, from innovative entertainment to the finest culinary experiences.
How can Guests book this experience? Highway in the Sky Dine Around is a pre-paid experience, available for $150.00 per person, plus tax and can be booked by calling 407-WDW-DINE, through DisneyWorld.com or by visiting Resort Concierge. Gratuities are included and discounts do not apply.
Where is the event located? The evening begins at Disney’s Contemporary Resort and will continue with stops along the resort monorail beam.
What time does the event start? Event times vary based on park hours, so please call 407-WDW-DINE or visit DisneyWorld.com for details.
What is on the menu for this event? The event will include five courses, with specialty appetizers, an entrée at Citricos at Disney’s Grand Floridian Resort & Spa, and an arrangement of desserts. Each dining offering will be accompanied by a signature beverage or wine pairing. The event will end at Disney’s Contemporary Resort with a private viewing of the Wishes nighttime spectacular at Magic Kingdom Park.
Can Guests use the Disney Dining Plan for this event? No. The Disney Dining Plan is not currently accepted.
Is seating provided? Some locations will provide seating, while others may include high-top tables or other alternatives.
Will this event accommodate Guests with special dietary needs? Yes. Our culinary team will be happy to accommodate special dietary needs during the event.

I think what they mean is, "we're doing this because we're scrambling to come up with ideas to make more money because Shanghai is costing us a fortune and our attendance is down and our cost-cutting measures at the parks are just not cutting it."

Out of all the new add-ons they've announced, I think this sounds the most reasonable for what you get for the price. Certainly better than the $650 tent in Tomorrowland.

This looks fantastic! I can't wait to do it.
Don't worry folks, it'll all work out. You'll still get to see/do what you want. A bit of readjustment isn't going to upset the apple cart. I love that they are adding new experiences, and this one is unique.

If looking at blog photo, it looks like it. But there may be other options, that is what we are hoping to find out.

So we had our rehearsal dinner in the Napa Room up at the top of the Contemporary, and we used that second deck to watch the fireworks. It's kind of behind the California Grill deck, but still a really good viewing spot. Other than guests in the banquet rooms being able to use this spot, I know they sometimes allow VIPs to use that deck as a sort of private viewing area. So as long as the deck were free for the evening, that could be a good option for a viewing spot for the package. Otherwise, I think taking away the 4th floor viewing deck would be a crappy thing to do.

Thanks, Hopper! That's sounds like the ideal location for the package fireworks viewing with dessert from CG!

Hopefully. I imagine with predicted size limit on this event could work well there .... and it surely would up the value of the ticket to be up there.

To the left you can see the other deck. It goes out as long as the one with people on it. The room in middle is a private room. I think there is another and there is a very small dining room on other end that can be closed off. That room is not far from south deck.

1337577784_b74c486160.jpg

Photo Credit: Pixie Dusted Proposals

I think that scenario is much more likely than the 4th Floor Deck.:)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter