Highway in the Sky Dine Around with Wishes viewing area

I think that scenario is much more likely than the 4th Floor Deck.:)

I agree, especially since they are doing 3x a week. But holding hope ... not just for the public viewing that will now lose out but the value to the event would be upped if going to the top.

Remember that the 4th floor deck underwent a big renovation that has lasted most of the year. I kind of have to imagine that they were prepping it for this.

Remember that the 4th floor deck underwent a big renovation that has lasted most of the year. I kind of have to imagine that they were prepping it for this.
Great point-especially factoring in the picture used for the promo.:)

I don't know that they were necessarily prepping it for this particular event, but I agree they were prepping it to use it for some sort of private event.

First the train station parade viewing. Now maybe the 4th floor observation deck.

Fingers crossed I'm wrong about this one.

have you seen Wishes from there? I never have, I heard it wasn't the best location compared to the Poly

I haven't yet but was planning on it for our next trip. I have photographed it from the Poly beach and the TTC and was looking for a different angle to try this time.

This actually sounds like an interesting event...if they add late April dates and I don't crack and spend 4X this much booking a cruise this may be a nice treat for DSis's 30th

have you seen Wishes from there? I never have, I heard it wasn't the best location compared to the Poly

I have never tried because it looks like the monorail tracks eliminate some viewing and I didn't want to go early for good spots.

IMG_2344.jpg

IMG_0044_2.jpg

Plus factor in the Smoking area here. I think they will use another location (fingers crossed).

Best reason of all to not host there, especially if the desserts will have to be served out there ... unless they are eliminating this smoking area.

The fact that there will be desserts and drinks, I would hope it will be viewing area attached to indoor area for desserts.

I have never tried because it looks like the monorail tracks eliminate some viewing and I didn't want to go early for good spots.

IMG_2344.jpg

IMG_0044_2.jpg

But can't you sit on the other side of the monorail track, where that couple is sat on a bench? It seems like that would be a good view.

But can't you sit on the other side of the monorail track, where that couple is sat on a bench? It seems like that would be a good view.

If it still looks the same after whatever they renovated, I would say yes, with seating .... but it seems very small. Look at top right corner, looks like the track.

wishes-viewing-at-Contemporary-Resort.jpg

The idea is certainly interesting but "drinking around the monorail" isn't all that new....the big difference here is the package from Disney. On more than one occasion I have started with drinks and apps at the Wave, then to the Tambu Lounge, then drinks and apps at the bar at Narcoose's then on to California Grill (our only ADR) for more food, drinks and wishes.

The $300 (for two people) includes gratuity so the cost can be broken down to about $255 in menu items.

For me, it will be impossible to say whether it's worth it or not (since it can all be done without getting the package) until I see the menu choices at Citricos and if cocktail means cocktailS.

Since all this can be done without the package, I can't really see what the advantage of the package would be unless you cannot get an ADR for CG and really want to be guaranteed a reserved spot for Wishes outside of the park.

They got me on this one. As far as value goes, for Disney, this event seems pretty good. We cancelled the Jingle Bam dessert party and booked this event instead. Double the cost, but sounds great and we will be staying at the Poly anyway. Cant wait for this and the Cali Grill Brunch next week!

For Wishes "...From this exclusive location..."

I don't see this as 4th floor unless it will be closed to public fully. Hoping it means elsewhere. :goodvibes

Last edited:
retire to a private patio

Is this a deck currently used by anyone that will no longer be a public option OR is this a new deck area?

it look like the regular deck.

are they taking the regular 4th floor viewing deck offline for this?
I may just be reading the direct definition into the word patio, but patio typically refers to a ground level area. The accompanying photo from Disney certainly appears to be a deck somewhere off the ground, but the word patio conflicts with the photo.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter