Highway in the Sky Dine Around with Wishes viewing area

FWIW, they DID NOT cancel and reschedule for me since my date was full. The just changed payment and refunded my credit card.

I asked her do that first, and she seemed confused, so since there were still slots available she went the rebook then cancel route.

All very good points. I'm not surprised at Disney charging these prices, but I am surprised at how many people are lining up to pay them! With demand like this, the price can only increase.

wow :crazy2:

Yep! We're suckers! Ours was $179.99 per person total, including tax (so maybe $170 before tax?) But since I had just saved $680 by cancelling my Grand Floridian stay and going offsite for 2 nights before our Boardwalk DVC rental, plus it's our anniversary, I feel justified.

Last edited:
My 180 includes tax per person, it stinks that they don't advertise the price increase and when we called to tell them that, they didn't really care.

We have wanted this for so long, we didn't care how much it was, but since we are in WDW for 20 days around our cruise, we wanted it to be while we were at the Contemporary and not during our YC or WL stay, so it worked out!!

Following. I just booked this for our trip next month. My DH and I are total Disney foodies, and he still talks about how good the food is there (Cali Grille is our fave). My heart kinda stopped when I saw the total cost, but I figure this is the last trip that will be just DH and I for a while (we've got an almost 18 month old), so it is worth it! Last adult Disney trip (for a while anyways)!!

So if it is offered on a Halloween party night the fireworks works be party fireworks? (what are they called now that if is HEA not wishes)

Looks like its a 24 cancellation. 99% sure we are going. My husband is recovering from back surgery and there still is a chance we will need tp postpone our trip.

So if it is offered on a Halloween party night the fireworks works be party fireworks? (what are they called now that if is HEA not wishes)

Looks like its a 24 cancellation. 99% sure we are going. My husband is recovering from back surgery and there still is a chance we will need tp postpone our trip.
Yes, and the start time for the evening should be slightly later, as Hallowishes (that's still what they're called) runs at 10:15, while HEA is at 9:00 most nights.

We went last Friday and it was a party night - started at 7pm and we saw Hallowishes at 10:15pm. Those fireworks were AWESOME!

We went last Friday 9/15 . @KristaG - maybe we met? I did meet some other DIS'ers - @figmented and her husband - and we had such a lovely time with them! It's so much fun to meet people from here IRL!

The night was such a treat! The only complaint was the halibut. Everyone at our table (except @figmented :D) thought it was dry...a sauce would have been nice. I was a little disappointed because the last I remember, they were serving scallops, right? So, I'm not sure when it changed.

As seems to have been the case on other occasions, we did not start in The Wave, but rather a little lounging area outside the ballroom. The tomato bisque was so delicious as well as the grilled goat cheese sandwich. I would rank that as one of the better courses! And whoa! That BLT Sunset packs a punch! So, so good!

Charcuterie & Cheese were served in the Tea Room and main course in Narcoosee's - which I think is pretty standard. Desserts were yummy - I liked to eat a small bite of my chocolate and a small bite of the orange cake at the same time. ;) I enjoyed seeing Hallowishes, too.

I am so excited for all of you who have been able to schedule this event! You will have a wonderful evening!

We went last Friday 9/15 . @KristaG - maybe we met? I did meet some other DIS'ers - @figmented and her husband - and we had such a lovely time with them! It's so much fun to meet people from here IRL!

The night was such a treat! The only complaint was the halibut. Everyone at our table (except @figmented :D) thought it was dry...a sauce would have been nice. I was a little disappointed because the last I remember, they were serving scallops, right? So, I'm not sure when it changed.

As seems to have been the case on other occasions, we did not start in The Wave, but rather a little lounging area outside the ballroom. The tomato bisque was so delicious as well as the grilled goat cheese sandwich. I would rank that as one of the better courses! And whoa! That BLT Sunset packs a punch! So, so good!

Charcuterie & Cheese were served in the Tea Room and main course in Narcoosee's - which I think is pretty standard. Desserts were yummy - I liked to eat a small bite of my chocolate and a small bite of the orange cake at the same time. ;) I enjoyed seeing Hallowishes, too.

I am so excited for all of you who have been able to schedule this event! You will have a wonderful evening!

So fun! We met quite a few people and I'm horrible with names LOL, your picture looks very familiar! I didn't care for the area we were in outside the ballroom near the Wave - that is my only complaint, it just didn't have that magical feeling. That bisque and the goat cheese bite were my 2nd favorite item after the short rib entrée! I only ate a few bites of the halibut and let my husband finish it. I did think there was a lot of alcohol early on and not a large amount of food so after leaving Poly I was feeling it ;)

Does anyone else feel like it is a lot of liquor early on? I don't want to eat too much ahead of time, but I am also one to feel light headed after a few glasses of wine! LOL! We are staying club level so I could grab a bite of something before we head down, but maybe NOT drink booze before? hahaha!

Does anyone else feel like it is a lot of liquor early on? I don't want to eat too much ahead of time, but I am also one to feel light headed after a few glasses of wine! LOL! We are staying club level so I could grab a bite of something before we head down, but maybe NOT drink booze before? hahaha!
Well, you aren't driving haha! So maybe they go from heavy to light so by the end you're good to go but you can enjoy the drinks guilt-free?

I am a real lightweight and was feeling a bit tipsy after the first drink. But I personally don't think there was/is a lot of alcohol in the MaiTai at the Poly (which is also why I think they don't mind occasionally giving guests refills). I also found that once I started eating, the food balanced the alcohol well. I never felt more than slightly tipsy, until maybe the very end when I had a second serving of Kahlua and cream on the rocks. :D

Thank you all for the comments!! I didn't want to eat too much in the lounge so that I could eat everything they served but I also don't want to be tripping over my feet heading towards the monorail! LOL!

My daughter and husband are going that night. I am not into that kind of food. My daughter said she would try anything once. Have a good time

r N
Thanks. Sorry you Won't be there but will look for your family. We had a confirmation call today asking about any allergies so it is so close!

Price goes up to $170 in October. Was so considering this. There is still availability during my trip. Every year we do a progressive dinner on our own, ending at CG for fireworks. I was going to do this in place of that but I decided I like having control over what we eat & drink and how quickly (or slowly) we move along. While I very much enjoy wine, I do not generally care for mixed drinks and we don't really eat desert.

sounds like a fun event. Just not for us.

Enjoy those going

Price goes up to $170 in October. Was so considering this. There is still availability during my trip. Every year we do a progressive dinner on our own, ending at CG for fireworks. I was going to do this in place of that but I decided I like having control over what we eat & drink and how quickly (or slowly) we move along. While I very much enjoy wine, I do not generally care for mixed drinks and we don't really eat desert.

sounds like a fun event. Just not for us.

Enjoy those going

It’s tough to justify at $170 (or more)...definitely think Disney is pushing it at that price point. I’m not judging anyone who is willing to pay it, because it IS fun. But with that kind of price increase, people’s expectations also increase, and I’m not sure the experience- as is - will live up to those expectations.

ETA: Disney is smart to get the money so far in advance. By the time you are at the event, you’ve likely completely forgotten how much you’ve paid. ;)

Last edited:
How long does it take? Is it over a few hours? Also, is it just one drink per location or can you have multiple? I'm booked for December 11th as a solo and I'm still deciding if I want to do it. It's not the cost so much for me (I'm staying at a very cheap off site hotel for my December trip) but the "time is money" cost. Is there lots of sitting around and waiting, do people socialize or will I be in a booth by myself, etc. It's the last night of my trip so I want to make sure it's really fun!

I'm glad to have found this thread. We are going the first week in October but the price was not $170 per person. It was $159.95. I don't think that is too much. And not because we are rolling in cash...It is expensive no doubt. But we are paying for an experience we can't get anywhere else including fireworks. Part of that experience in this case is the man power involved in the logistics of this. Servers and space in 3 different locations and the monorail. I don't drink alcohol and rarely anything other than water and my wife isn't a huge drinker but we have been all over the spectrum with food experiences. Heck 2 drinks for one person, an appetizer and entree each, a split dessert and a cup of coffee can cost well over $100 at a mid level chain restaurant these days. So yeah its pricey but not outrageous for something special. Also, have others noticed that the tip percentage is terrible? It is slightly more than 10% instead of the meager average of 15% that most people tip. I think that is not cool for the cast members. It should be at least 18%.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter