Hijinks & Shenanigans but not much Mayhem@The Dark Side+Disney:Link to DL/Hawaii TR

Hi Dee, Sorry I got so behind I missed the end of your WDW trip, your current vacation. It sounds like you guys are have a lot of fun. Can't wait to get behind your next TR. :rotfl: It sounds like it is going to have some amazing pics. Stay safe, Sandy

I will be starting up my trip report for my family's recent vacation to Disneyland and Hawaii soon. Still working on coming up with a title and I am still downloading pictures to my computer.

I will post a link here once I get started- I think the report will live on the Disneyland trip subforum for obvious reasons.

;)

Meanwhile, I will post a few representative photos.

I have lots to talk about and of course plenty of tips for vacationing in these locations. I have a few good stories up my sleeve.

I hope you enjoy the appetizer and will be back for the main event!

I will be starting up my trip report for my family's recent vacation to Disneyland and Hawaii soon. Still working on coming up with a title and I am still downloading pictures to my computer.

I will post a link here once I get started- I think the report will live on the Disneyland trip subforum for obvious reasons.

;)

Meanwhile, I will post a few representative photos.

I have lots to talk about and of course plenty of tips for vacationing in these locations. I have a few good stories up my sleeve.

I hope you enjoy the appetizer and will be back for the main event!

Dee, can't wait to hear all about it. Stories up your sleeve...sounds intriguing.

I didn't really take many pictures of the exterior of the hotel or the lobby. We only came through the lobby during checkin and checkout.

It was also really difficult to get good photos in the lobby because there are some raised windows that let in lots of pesky light.

Our days did feature some pool breaks, which are unusual for us.

We booked a Standard View. When we checked in, we asked if our request for a room with a daybed had ben fulfilled. The CM checked, and told us no, all of the daybed rooms were taken, but she could offer us a room with a Downtown Disney view.

Sounds good to me!!!

Why, yes, that IS Space Mountain and the Train Station off to the right!

And the best part of the view is yet to come!

Haunted Mansion

Temple of the Forbidden Eye (Indiana Jones)

And a couple of DISMeets-

A highlight of the trip was meeting Brenda (emmysmommy). She has become a good friend over the years and she is as delightful in person as she is here.

I also ran in to the guy who ran the July 2014 Disneyland Trip subforum, Bob (RHMH), his daughter Midori and Midori's friend Lucy and Lucy's mom, Kathleen.

The thread he ran was extremely fun and informative for people with July trips.

Unfortunately, I was on my way to meet up with Brenda when I connected with Bob and his group, so it was a very brief encounter.

More fun pictures.

I'm so glad you got to meet Brenda. It was a highlight of our trip last year...she and Em are just sweethearts.

Loving the sneak peek pictures! I can hardly wait for the entire trip report but I'll let you get settled in back home before I start asking when you'll start. :laughing:

Oh and yay :cool1: for Dismeets! Love 'em!

Radiator Springs/Carsland:

Aladdin Stage Show (one of my favorite things at DL)

Zoetrope (I'll explain this in my trip report, or maybe steal jenseib's explanation!) :lmao:

World of Color

Aww Dee loving seeing all your Disneyland teaser photos. Even having only been there one time, it still feels like home.

AND the requisite Brenda meet and greet just icing on the cake. So lovely to see you two together finally (well I did them on FB, but you know what I mean).

OMG isn't that Aladdin show amazing???? Even though I've not been to Broadway, I still feel safe calling it Broadway Quality.

And the Zoetrope... mesmerizing!!

I can't wait to hear your thoughts on everything to go with the pics. :goodvibes

Yet more great pictures!

I've heard wonderful things about the Aladdin show...that's on my list if we get there.

You are more than welcome to steal my explanation. I stole mine from online anyways! :thumbsup2

I am loving the sneak peak pictures. I have to ask, where do yo uget your shorts? I like longer shorts but I have issues finding them I ended up buying a couple of pair of guy shorts this year to wear because they are longer like I like them

Great teaser photos. I can not wait to hear your thoughts about the trip! Would you do it at all differently if you had to do it again?

Welcome Back! Love all the teaser pictures! They are wonderful. What a blast!

Dee great preview pictures. Sorry you didn't make it to the top of Haleakala. Can't wait to see and read more

Dee, can't wait to hear all about it. Stories up your sleeve...sounds intriguing.

Wonderful pictures and what a view! :goodvibes

More fun pictures.

I'm so glad you got to meet Brenda. It was a highlight of our trip last year...she and Em are just sweethearts.

Thank you so much!

It is so funny when something interesting happens and the boys ask "Is that going to make it into the trip report?"

It was so wonderful to meet Brenda- she was so gracious and friendly and it was like getting together with a dear friend I haven't seen in a long time (which is exactly what the experience was)

:goodvibes

Loving the sneak peek pictures! I can hardly wait for the entire trip report but I'll let you get settled in back home before I start asking when you'll start. :laughing:

Oh and yay :cool1: for Dismeets! Love 'em!

Thanks for not applying the pressure. Yet!

DISmeets rock!

:)

Aww Dee loving seeing all your Disneyland teaser photos. Even having only been there one time, it still feels like home.

AND the requisite Brenda meet and greet just icing on the cake. So lovely to see you two together finally (well I did them on FB, but you know what I mean).

OMG isn't that Aladdin show amazing???? Even though I've not been to Broadway, I still feel safe calling it Broadway Quality.

And the Zoetrope... mesmerizing!!

I can't wait to hear your thoughts on everything to go with the pics. :goodvibes

There were a lot of things we liked about Disneyland- it was so much fun to experience the differences- but WDW is still home for us.

I don't need to tell you what a treasure Brenda is!

Aladdin was incredible! I think even my family would have enjoyed it and if we had more time I totally would have dragged them there. But at least I got to see it.

Same with the Zoetrope. Another solo attraction for me.

:lmao:

Yet more great pictures!

I've heard wonderful things about the Aladdin show...that's on my list if we get there.

Aladdin is SO good!

:thumbsup2

You are more than welcome to steal my explanation. I stole mine from online anyways! :thumbsup2

I am loving the sneak peak pictures. I have to ask, where do yo uget your shorts? I like longer shorts but I have issues finding them I ended up buying a couple of pair of guy shorts this year to wear because they are longer like I like them

I have to thank you for the heads up about the Zoetrope. I had never heard of one before and it wouldn't have been on my radar if you hadn't mentioned it.

I get most of my clothes at Kohl's. The long shorts are so comfy and have lots of big pockets. I actually purchased a couple of pairs in different colors. The brand of those pairs is Gloria Vanderbilt.

Hope that helps!

:thumbsup2

Great teaser photos. I can not wait to hear your thoughts about the trip! Would you do it at all differently if you had to do it again?

Great question!

We had the right amount of time in Disneyland and loved the Grand Californian (4 nights).

We also liked the Hilton Hawaiian Village in Oahu, but the pools were small and crowded. Lots to do. We were ready to move on after 4 nights, but we didn't have time to explore the island other than Waikiki, so another day and having a rental car would have improved that.

Maui was gorgeous and the Hanua Kai condo (1 bedroom) where we stayed was big, beautiful and in a great location. We loved that the snorkeling was phenomenal right from the beach. There were lots of pools, also on the small side, but we could always found a quiet one for a pre-sunset adult swim. There was so much more I would have liked to do on Maui, road to Hana and Haleakala, so another night or two there, instead of moving yet again, to the Big Island, was a change I would consider. But the Volcano tour was a priority for the boys and was a highlight of the trip, so I am glad we did that.

Gradually moving west, with a several day stop in California first, really helped with the effects of jet lag.

I would have insisted on splitting more of our meals. We ate way too much.

I'll let you know if I think of additional comments/suggestions, especially during the report.

Welcome Back! Love all the teaser pictures! They are wonderful. What a blast!

Thank you! It was a great vacation. The trip of a lifetime we wanted it to be.

::yes::

Dee great preview pictures. Sorry you didn't make it to the top of Haleakala. Can't wait to see and read more

Haleakala would have been more of a priority if we hadn't planned on the volcano experience on the Big Island.

:goodvibes

Love the preview! Can't wait to see more photos and hear some of your stories.

Thanks for popping in!

Okie doke I've tried the appetiser and am officially hungry for more :thumbsup2 Cant wait to hear all about your latest adventures :)

Cooking as fast as I can!

:lmao:

Dee, You are such a tease!!:):) Can't wait for the stories behind these great pics.

Thank you. I am looking forward to writing all about it and sharing more pictures.

I love your teaser pictures. I can't wait until you get to the Hawaii portion of your trip. You and Mark will have to plan a trip for two so that you can go back and see the things you missed. And you'll need to explore Kauai someday. It is our favorite island. :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter