Hip Hip Hooray for Christmas Vacation... Disney Style!!! A Dec 2010 PTR

WWOHP looks really cool, but I think I will have to wait a few years for that. 1. Only my 4 year old likes HP, the wife and oldest aren't really into it. 2. The lines are way too long. Hopefully in a few years it won't be so packed.

I can't believe all of our trips are coming up so fast. Pretty soon there will be a bunch of depressed people writing their Trip Reports. Well except for those who already have their next trips planned. Our next one will be a few years away, and we will probably do a weekend trip around Halloween.

Ouch on the loss of your sunglasses. That though is why I am not allowed to have expensive sunglasses. One time i ran over a pair with my car....not even sure how. So I stick to the Old Navy cheapies! Sounds like it was a fun trip! I LOVE HP (went to HP7.1 on Friday, my friends claim I dragged them, but I heard no complaints from them) and would love to go to WWOHP, but I think I need to wait a few years for it to "calm down" a bit. I don't like super large crowds.

Ha Ha Ha!!! :rotfl: Definitely worth the trip to WWOHP. I know, I didn't get into HP until a year or so ago. I read all 7 books in less then a month! Needless to say I was hooked! :goodvibes

WWOHP looks really cool, but I think I will have to wait a few years for that. 1. Only my 4 year old likes HP, the wife and oldest aren't really into it. 2. The lines are way too long. Hopefully in a few years it won't be so packed.

I can't believe all of our trips are coming up so fast. Pretty soon there will be a bunch of depressed people writing their Trip Reports. Well except for those who already have their next trips planned. Our next one will be a few years away, and we will probably do a weekend trip around Halloween.

Definitely worth the trip to WWOHP but I would wait until they are older so they can appreciate it more! :goodvibes

I can not believe our trips are finally here! I feel like it was yesterday that I was complaining b/c I still had 45 days to go! :rotfl: Now I only have 8 days to wait!!! YAY!!! I will definitely me in a state of depression when I get back, I'm thinking it will really set in around January! But yes on the bright side I have another trip to look forward to and that O am so GRATEFUL for!

I only got into Harry Potter last Christmas when my wife bought me the first two books. I was done them all by about Mid February, then ABC Family had a Harry Potter weekend so I got to watch the 6 movies. Haven't gotten to the new one yet.

I'm hoping the oldest will get into it eventually. Right now she doesn't like it, but I think that's because Dad likes it, so it can't be something a girl would like.

I only got into Harry Potter last Christmas when my wife bought me the first two books. I was done them all by about Mid February, then ABC Family had a Harry Potter weekend so I got to watch the 6 movies. Haven't gotten to the new one yet.

I'm hoping the oldest will get into it eventually. Right now she doesn't like it, but I think that's because Dad likes it, so it can't be something a girl would like.

I didn't get into HP until last year too!!! I read all 7 books and watched all the movies that were out up to that point in about a months time!!! LOVED THEM!!!

Well everyone... The BIG day is FINALLY here!!! I get to reveal my Christmas SURPRISE to Devon!!! Woo Hoo!!! :banana: :cool1: :thumbsup2 :dance3: :yay: :woohoo:

I sure hope he is surprised and excited as I am about our trip to Disney World which is ONLY 1 WEEK away now!!!

I hope everyone has a HAPPY TURKEY DAY!!! I will hopefully have a report of Dev's reaction later today or tomorrow. Me being the shopper that I am will be out shopping my midnight!!! :laughing:

I cant wait to hear about dev's reaction. Have a happy thanksgiving! Are you guys having snow right now????? We are! Have fun shopping tomorrow/tonight too!

Well everyone... The BIG day is FINALLY here!!! I get to reveal my Christmas SURPRISE to Devon!!! Woo Hoo!!! :banana: :cool1: :thumbsup2 :dance3: :yay: :woohoo:

I sure hope he is surprised and excited as I am about our trip to Disney World which is ONLY 1 WEEK away now!!!

I hope everyone has a HAPPY TURKEY DAY!!! I will hopefully have a report of Dev's reaction later today or tomorrow. Me being the shopper that I am will be out shopping my midnight!!! :laughing:

Yay! :woohoo: I can't wait to hear!

Happy Thanksgiving to you! :goodvibes

Aw that's horrible about losing your sunglasses. One time, as I was getting off Splash Mountain, my sunglasses slipped off and fell into the water of the ride... it's was my first nice pair of sun glasses (Maui Jim's) and I never wanted a nice pair again... DBF did buy me a pair of Dolce & Gabana ones now and I'm so careful with them that I hardly wear them...

Can't wait to read about Devon's reaction! How fun!! and Happy Thanksgiving and Happy One Week Wiggle!!! :santa:

OK, no update, so I think what happened was. She told Devon about the trip. He got so excited and was jumping up and down waving his arms. One of the times his arm went up it hit a table with a vase on it. The vase flew through the air hitting his mom in the head. She is currently suffering from temporary amnesia, and has forgotten about the DISBoards.

OK, no update, so I think what happened was. She told Devon about the trip. He got so excited and was jumping up and down waving his arms. One of the times his arm went up it hit a table with a vase on it. The vase flew through the air hitting his mom in the head. She is currently suffering from temporary amnesia, and has forgotten about the DISBoards.

:rotfl: I can't imagine anything else that would keep her from telling us the good news!

:lmao::lmao::lmao:

I will shoot her a text telling her to snap out of the coma... :laughing:

Okay, I texted her and she told me that she was hoping her cousin would get her the pics so she could post them... She told me to tell you all that everything went well and that she will post all the details tomorrow!! :thumbsup2

Okay, I texted her and she told me that she was hoping her cousin would get her the pics so she could post them... She told me to tell you all that everything went well and that she will post all the details tomorrow!! :thumbsup2

Excellent detective work! Thanks!

How do we know oregonmommy is telling the truth? Maybe she flew in from Oregon, assuming that is where she is actually from, and kidnapped Devon and his Mom to steal their Disney tickets!:scared1:

Or maybe I just have an overactive imagination sometimes.:lmao:

Ok Ok I am so sorry I am just posting an update on the SURPISE now, but I swear, I had no idea the amount of things that I needed to do this weekend to get ready to leave on Friday would be so time consuming!!!

Anywho... The surprise!!! It went so much better then I ever imagined it would... Only problem is no pics as of yet... My cousin took some on her camera and I have a few on my iPhone so as soon as I get them I will post them, but most likely not until we get back! So, here are the details on the surprise. As many of you may know, my birthday is on Friday 12/3 and we typically always sing happy birthday to me on Thanksgiving, just b/c we are all together so why not? Anyway we are all in the dining room at my parents house getting ready to sing to me and I say "mom, before we sing, I wanted to give Devon an early Christmas gift." He looks at me like really??? So I handed him a card with a Disney gift card in it and he opens it and says "thanks Mom! I can use that for when we go to Disney this summer." I then turned around and handed him a red folder with are ME tags, our flight info and resort info in it... And I say, "well I though maybe you can use the gift card for this!" At this point he looked really confused, he opened the folder and smiled and said... "We're going to Disney?" and I said, "yep, Merry Christmas, we leave on Friday!!" Well, this is when it all finally started to sink in that we were leaving in a week!!! He was smiling from ear to ear and then all of a sudden ran over to me, hugged me and started crying his little eyes out!!! He told me he had the best mom in the whole world and then I lost it too!!! Needless to say when all was said and done, Devon was crying, I was crying and my mom, aunt and cousin were all crying!!! I think the surprise was a HIT all around!!!

There you have it!!! After months of keeping the surprise the secret is finally out and Devon has not stopped talking about Disney since. Only 3 more days to go now!!!

Reese you got me a little teary now too.:lmao: Im glad devon was so excited and I cant wait to hear how excited he is when he realizes his friend is going along too. Kuddos to you for keeping the secret! If I dont get on here before you leave have a great trip.

That's great. Hard to believe it is only 3 days away for you. I still have a bunch of stuff to do, and I don't leave until next Saturday. Need time to slow down a bit.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter