Hollywood Studios Expansion

So they are postponing Avatarland indefinately and I read Disney is announcing a expansion in HS tonight... Expanding Fantasmic seating and a POTC were all that were mentioned. Hopefully this is true but we will find out tonight!!!!!!!!

The Jack Sparrow walk-through was already announced but how can we not get excited about more Fantasmic seating!!! :rolleyes1

So they are postponing Avatarland indefinately and I read Disney is announcing a expansion in HS tonight... Expanding Fantasmic seating and a POTC were all that were mentioned. Hopefully this is true but we will find out tonight!!!!!!!!

Where did you read the announcement of a DHS expansion tonight? :confused3

On FB on one of the many sites I follow and it was mention on more than one that there would be an announcement tonight from Disney themselves... now again this is a rumor board and I don't know if it will actually happen but I thought others would like to know.

Where did you read the announcement of a DHS expansion tonight? :confused3

One of the Orlando news stations claims Disney will announce new "entertainment" offerings today. Only specific mentions are additional Fantasmic seating and a replacement for the MK castle projection show.

Don't expect any Cars Land reveal. *IF* something major is afoot at DHS, it may take months to finalize and make public. They could easily wait until the next D23 Expo in about 11 months.

BTW I'm taking wagers on what Disney is going to charge for this new Fantasmic seating. I'm sensing a lot of uses of the word "premium" in the press release. popcorn::

LOL, I was pretty sure that it was always walkable. That map seems to indicate that it was part of the tram ride though and it is blocked off to foot traffic.
I wonder if this might have been a prelaunch plan then they maybe changed their minds before opening?
I agree that is an awesome huge tram ride and it was sad to lose it. But to be fair, much has been added really since that map. ToT, RR and the Muppets…
The building for Star Tours is there but it is blocked off. Same for Toy Story, I just can't think what was in that building if it wasn't open to foot traffic?
Too bad they couldn't keep a cool tram ride and add everything else. It's really the stunt show that circumcised it though.

I was watching video from when I was younger and we were walking through the Osborne Lights, did the Osborne lights used to be in the Backlot tour with the houses?? I could have sworn that was where it was but I am not sure.

I was watching video from when I was younger and we were walking through the Osborne Lights, did the Osborne lights used to be in the Backlot tour with the houses?? I could have sworn that was where it was but I am not sure.

Yes! That is where it was. You could actually walk through streets with houses, not just the streets of america. It was quite wonderful although I do appreciate the current show and location also.

It seems like there slowly getting rid of everything Eisner made :)
I've been waiting on an Expansion to Pixar Place for years, and them getting rid of Lights Motors Action and Sounds Dangerous!

It's Beautiful! :angel:

Cafeen said:
Hm, I may actually enjoy DHS if these come to pass. While Carsland and "StarWarsLand" aren't really my forte, the idea about bringing the main street back to its roots sure sounds great.

And getting rid of the hat.

Heck, they could just get rid of the hat and can the rest and I'll be happy.

No, I don't like the hat.*

*At least, where it is located and what purpose it currently serves.

I don't like the hat :(

kbowfamluvswdw said:
The very first thing I saw on my first visit 7 years ago was the hat. The hat to me is a welcome sight and brings back memories of that first experience.

Because most of us remember Chinese theater being the first thing you seen when entering the park. They just kind of plopped the hat down in front of it and made it a shop that sell pins??!! (not sure if that's still the case) was only ever in it once, when it opened as a exhibition (I think). Don't even glance at it now :( x

LunarDistortion said:
It seems like there slowly getting rid of everything Eisner made :)
I've been waiting on an Expansion to Pixar Place for years, and them getting rid of Lights Motors Action and Sounds Dangerous!

It's Beautiful! :angel:

Didn't the park open under Eisner?

granmanh603 said:
MGM(DHS) opened under Eisner, prices rise under Iger

That's what I thought. To be honest, I think Eisner did a great job expanding WDW. So I don't think we can say they're getting rid of everything Eisner did...

Sounds brilliant, but I am one of the few who loves the backlot tour :guilty: It takes me back to my childhood and is always one of the first things I like to do at HS, so I will miss it. I hope it will still be open next April for one last ride. I can see why they would want to change it, it is hardly a thrill ride.

This sounds just okay. I would be devastated if they took the hat. :sad: . And I'm not much of a car person :scared: . But the Monsters Inc. part sounds great! I'm a bit upset about the Beauty and the Beast Musical beng replaced, but there ate trying to make up for it in the Magic Kingdom. Tangled is okay though.

So I read the first couple pages and the last two pages. Too much info... We are going back in November my daughters favorite Princess is Belle so we wanted to make sure we saw her show at DHS. Now I know it's rumored to be replaced! So hopefully it doesn't take place for another 3 months with that said.

I am not upset that it's going away because of the addition to MK in the FL. Belle will have Beasts Castle.

With DHS based around movie productions. I love the idea that others had for a Pixar land, more original then Carsland which they could still incorporate a Cars ride into the land.

I love Star Wars and the muppets.

I think DHS is in need of changes and should still be geared towards productions but the world of production has changed and so should DHS. I think Walt would want this park to change with the times.

I am excited to experience DHS again before the rumored changes. If I would have known about MK plans in 2010 I would have experienced Snow Whites Scary Adventures and the other attractions that changed and I would have taken more pictures of Toontown.

What ever Disney decides I think it will work out, after all there is something for everyone.

I loved the Hat, didn't have time to go into it, but i thought it made DHS feel magical entering the park. But I can't say I would be sad or happy to see it, I would be indifferent.

I am excited to plan my next trip with all or any of the changes WDW has to offer.

As others have said I would be interested in having a really enhanced Pixar Place area instead of Carsland. I think Carsland should be kept to Anaheim because obviously that's where Cars is set. Think it would be lost in Orlando personally!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter