Hollywood Studios opening earlier

Weedy

DIS Veteran
Hollywood Studio opening time is now 7am starting 12/12 until 12/21. More Fast passes have been added for the extra hours

They opened at 6am this past Sunday. It was a zoo. We were there. They initially told everyone that Boarding Groups for Rise of The Resistance would open at the normal park opening time. At 7:40ishAM, they made a parkwide announcement that they were open. Only EMH attendees were in the park at that time. We just happened to be coming of Midway Mania. If we had still been inside the ride, we probably wouldn't have gotten one. They were all gone by 8. There were a LOT of ticked off people at park opening.

They opened at 6am this past Sunday. It was a zoo. We were there. They initially told everyone that Boarding Groups for Rise of The Resistance would open at the normal park opening time. At 7:40ishAM, they made a parkwide announcement that they were open. Only EMH attendees were in the park at that time. We just happened to be coming of Midway Mania. If we had still been inside the ride, we probably wouldn't have gotten one. They were all gone by 8. There were a LOT of ticked off people at park opening.
Your facts are misleading. Upon entering EMH guests were told vq would open at 745. Vq actually opened around 718, a few minutes before non resort guests were allowed to enter (early). Many non emh guests were able to sign up for vq.
Once the crowd at the tapstyles extend to security Disney allows the guests to enter. Security concerns.

Your facts are misleading.

My facts are based on my experience.

Upon entering EMH guests were told vq would open at 745.

Were you there too? Because that's not what we and other guests were told. Perhaps the CM we spoke to was misinformed but that is what we were told. Given the rather haphazard nature of communication regarding details on the ride, that wouldn't surprise me. Something may have changed and didn't get to the CM in question.

Vq actually opened around 718, a few minutes before non resort guests were allowed to enter (early).

So EARLIER than I stated. So no harm in my being off by a bit. The announcement we heard coming off Midway Mania was the first we heard. I guess we must have missed the first one being in the queue house, which goes to my point that those in queue houses could have missed out.

Many non emh guests were able to sign up for vq.

That's nice. A LOT didn't because we heard them complaining to CMs.

Once the crowd at the tapstyles extend to security Disney allows the guests to enter. Security concerns.

That's good to know. I assumed something like that was the case. My point was Disney screwing over people who got there at open or shortly after with the virtual queue system and how they open it.

Last edited:
We were all given a piece of paper explaining how VQ works and that VQ would open at 745. CM said that means EMH guests would get a 15 minute advantage. Perhaps they ran out of the slips when you entered.
Edited to add I didn't keep the slip of paper.
What time did you enter the park?

Obviously that system had issues. Disney moved EMH to the evening to avoid a repeat

Last edited:

We will be there 12/27 for 6 nights and the Park will be open everyday at 6am !!!!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter