How about a new Forum-Complaints

Complaints play a part in helping folks to plan their Disney vacation so they fit right in with their subject matter forum. No need for another forum for complaints only.

A complaint thread complaining about complaint threads. Oh the irony!!:rotfl2:

Seriously though, it is easy enough to tell by the titles if a thread is negative or not. Is it that hard to skip over those and only read the ones that appeal to you? WDW is not always wine and roses (it can sometimes be whine and weeds) and you would be doing people a great disservice by only putting the postive threads up front and making them go hunting for the negative ones.

No need to segregate the posts. Read whatever appeals to you and skp the rest. I think making it appear that everything is always great at WDW is a horrible idea. My 2 cents.

The Theme Park board IS the rose-colored glasses forum. :thumbsup2

Maybe we could have a "Snark" forum too? I'd be happy to volunteer to moderate it.
I think that would be a good idea, to just have a general complaints/vents/snark/hot topics forum. Some people really enjoy the drama and love to read about complaints and join in, and it would be good for them to have a place to go (no judgment, I'm a member of some snark forums). Most forums I belong to have this type of sub-forum.

It would also help with people planning vacations. I like to sort out the negative reviews or feedbacks when I am buying something or planning something so I can decide if these things are a problem for me, or things I can overlook. Like the complaints about very long wait times to greet characters. Well, we don't do that because I think character meet and greets are a waste of time. So we just book some character meals and call it a day. So when reading the complaints about the MNSSHP, which are mostly about the long waits for characters, I can pitch those out as not important to me. KWIM? It is nice to have those separated, IMO.

I DISagree and therefore DISsent. ;)

First, the last thing many of need is another forum to check every day... :D

Second, I often find valuable nuggets from follow-up posts to complaints posted by an OP, such as:

"Perhaps if you _______, then you might have had better luck."

"I found that by doing __________, I avoid that problem."

"You should have __________."

etc.

So, I find alot of value in looking past the cloud to get to the lining. "Complaint" threads are valuable to me for the nuggets/strategies they oven evoke in response. (Not to mention the fact that I often read such threads and remind myself to be thankful that we never get so worked up over Issues A, B, or C.

My .02.

Actually I sometimes find the complaints threads quite entertaining and compulsive reading!

Claire :)

I already have too much to complain about in life, work, family, dogs barking, traffic, etc....Why would I want to complain about the one place, the ideal, both happy and magical feeling that even the word "Disney" envokes in my head.

I say have a forum for complaints that I will seldom read and I will be in my Disney bubble floating along.

I know Disney isn't perfect, there are lots of things to complain about. I rarely have a complaint when I return-maybe I wear blinders the whole vacation-but I only see & experience magic & fun. Sure there are little things that come up here and there, but nothing I dwell on. Complaints posted here are generally warranted, but when I'm in an excited trip-planning mode, I don't always want to read about Disney's drawbacks. SO...how about a new forum called "Complaints"? Then if you're in the mood to rant or read other people's complaints, you can do just that. Let's leave "Theme Park Attractions & Strategies" just what it's label indicates. Anyone else agree?

I guess that was my "Complaint"!!

LOL so basically what you guys are saying, is that you can't handle the truth!! Said jokingly in my best Jack Nicholas imitation.

I like a well written complaint. I research my vacations and if a restaurant is not up to snuff or if a particular hotel is going downhill I want to know.

IMO knowledge is power. The more knowledge I can get about any vacation destination the better I can prepare.

So keep the complaints coming, keep telling the truth about your experiences. sure some can be a bit silly but disney isn't perfect it's employees are flesh and blood.

Can there be a weather sub-forum? Because good golly, IT SHOULD NEVER EVER RAIN AT DISNEY, DAGGUMMIT!

I DISagree and therefore DISsent. ;)

First, the last thing many of need is another forum to check every day... :D

Second, I often find valuable nuggets from follow-up posts to complaints posted by an OP, such as:

"Perhaps if you _______, then you might have had better luck."

"I found that by doing __________, I avoid that problem."

"You should have __________."

etc.

So, I find alot of value in looking past the cloud to get to the lining. "Complaint" threads are valuable to me for the nuggets/strategies they oven evoke in response. (Not to mention the fact that I often read such threads and remind myself to be thankful that we never get so worked up over Issues A, B, or C.

My .02.

I agree with this comment. :thumbsup2

I know Disney isn't perfect, there are lots of things to complain about. I rarely have a complaint when I return-maybe I wear blinders the whole vacation-but I only see & experience magic & fun. Sure there are little things that come up here and there, but nothing I dwell on. Complaints posted here are generally warranted, but when I'm in an excited trip-planning mode, I don't always want to read about Disney's drawbacks. SO...how about a new forum called "Complaints"? Then if you're in the mood to rant or read other people's complaints, you can do just that. Let's leave "Theme Park Attractions & Strategies" just what it's label indicates. Anyone else agree?

I guess that was my "Complaint"!!

I agree. It could be called Complaints & Suggestions. This forum is call Strategies which is where I'm going to go to find out what day to ride a certain ride or how early to be for a certain show. If I want a restaurant review, I'll go to the restaurant forum. The last thing I want to hear about when planning my trip is how rude someone was treatED (past tense..get over it and stop trying to ruin my planning!).

I agree. It could be called Complaints & Suggestions. This forum is call Strategies which is where I'm going to go to find out what day to ride a certain ride or how early to be for a certain show. If I want a restaurant review, I'll go to the restaurant forum. The last thing I want to hear about when planning my trip is how rude someone was treatED (past tense..get over it and stop trying to ruin my planning!).

This forum is actually called Theme Park attractions and Strategies. And hearing how a line was longer than the posted time (which would be a complaint) or how a certain kiosk was not able to accept credit cards (which is also a complaint) can very well affect how people tour the parks. So both would belong on this forum.

This forum is not called Sunsine and Rainbows Only. Hearing both the good and the bad does affect how people tour the parks.

It can be called : DISappointed, DISmayed and DISagreeable DIScussion
:rotfl2::lmao::rotfl::rotfl::lmao::rotfl2:

The Theme Park board IS the rose-colored glasses forum. :thumbsup2

Maybe we could have a "Snark" forum too? I'd be happy to volunteer to moderate it.
:thumbsup2

How about a forum for people to discuss new forums?
Sorry, nytimez -- this comment belongs in the "snark forum", too. :rolleyes1

I applaud the sentiment in this thread!! But, alas, I think that I often do get something positive out of them. Sometimes it's a heads-up about a real problem I didn't know about, and sometimes it's just some suggestions on ameliorating a problem situation that is helpful.

I suppose if there was a separate forum I could peek in on the cranky forum... maybe DISaffected?? DISenchanted?? :confused3 No - I like DISagreeable after all. :goodvibes

This forum is actually called Theme Park attractions and Strategies. And hearing how a line was longer than the posted time (which would be a complaint) or how a certain kiosk was not able to accept credit cards (which is also a complaint) can very well affect how people tour the parks. So both would belong on this forum.

This forum is not called Sunsine and Rainbows Only. Hearing both the good and the bad does affect how people tour the parks.

Your wrong. Telling me that the line was longer than normal or that a certain credit card wasn't accepted is being informative and I would welcome those comments. What I don't want to hear is how a CM was rude to use while waiting in line or that some parents weren't controlling their kids in that line.....that's complaining and I don't want to hear it when I'm looking for information to make my trip special. I don't want Sunsine & Rainbows. I want good information.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter