How about a new Forum-Complaints

This forum is actually called Theme Park attractions and Strategies. And hearing how a line was longer than the posted time (which would be a complaint) or how a certain kiosk was not able to accept credit cards (which is also a complaint) can very well affect how people tour the parks. So both would belong on this forum.

This forum is not called Sunsine and Rainbows Only. Hearing both the good and the bad does affect how people tour the parks.

:thumbsup2 I agree!

1. No one would post where they should, as they don't do that now. Instead of theme park posts, I find myself weeding through resort questions, trip reports and what have you. So what makes anyone think that adding another forum will help?

2. If it is a theme park complaint, it belongs here. If you are getting psyched up about your trip, do not read that thread, simple as that. Take responsibility for what you read and what you don't. Don't blame others because they have posted a complaint & you don't want to see them, but you open the thread and read it.

3. What you feel as a minor senseless complaint, isn't to other's. We are not all the same. We see things differently.

:thumbsup2

While I appreciate the op's sentiment and yes, sometimes the rants and Disney abuse get to be a little much, but I still think one need's ALL the information when planning their trip. The good, the bad, and the ugly. If I'm feeling like Disney is getting too, well DISsed, in a particular thread, then I just skip over that thread and move on. Disney remains my happy place and one person's bad doesn't mean it's my bad!

Here's the thing though-you don't have to read about Disney's drawbacks. Skip right past those threads and read the things that interest you.

:thumbsup2 You control your click finger. :) I don't read every thread, only the ones that spark my interest.

The more you fragment the forums into sub forums; posts are going to get lost, not followed up on and will pose a real nightmare for the moderators trying to determine if the post should be here or there and so on.

I know Disney isn't perfect, there are lots of things to complain about. I rarely have a complaint when I return-maybe I wear blinders the whole vacation-but I only see & experience magic & fun. Sure there are little things that come up here and there, but nothing I dwell on. Complaints posted here are generally warranted, but when I'm in an excited trip-planning mode, I don't always want to read about Disney's drawbacks. SO...how about a new forum called "Complaints"? Then if you're in the mood to rant or read other people's complaints, you can do just that. Let's leave "Theme Park Attractions & Strategies" just what it's label indicates. Anyone else agree?

I guess that was my "Complaint"!!

:thumbsup2
Best post I have seen on this site in years! :rotfl2:

Here's the thing though-you don't have to read about Disney's drawbacks. Skip right past those threads and read the things that interest you.

If you don't like reading those kinds of posts. DON'T READ THEM!! Open a thread, it's a complaint, OOPS let me back out of this one. It's that simple.
I doubt the DIS is going to create an entire new board because you are tired of reading complaints.

:thumbsup2 You control your click finger. :) I don't read every thread, only the ones that spark my interest.

Yeah, I got stuck reading a thread that had to do with someone saying bad things to a person's child while on a WDW bus. I kept reading page after page of "sorry this happened, bla, bla, bla" until I regained control of my click finger. The post had nothing to do with park planning. I have no idea why it was posted and even worse, why I was reading it...:confused3

i never noticed anything wrong with disney until i read the threads on complaints. saddens me it does!

Ya know, I was thinking, maybe there is something to that "other" board after all..... Instead of a "complaint" board, it should be called....

"Disney through Rose Colored Glasses for those who have drank the Kool-aide".... only positive threads here please.....:lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao:
how much do you want to bet the they will still be posted on this board because no one listens to where they should post.....:thumbsup2 problem solved :upsidedow

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter