How about a new Forum-Complaints

That would be kind of like asking the Restaurant board to have separate forums for "Positive Restaurant Reviews" and "Negative Restaurant Reviews" and I sure wouldn't want to have to deal with separating those out.

Why do we have to have so many forums?

I agree, It's almost like there are different rules for different forums within the one site. It is like there is no real consistency with how things are run and adding another forum would only make the problem worse.

I know Disney isn't perfect, there are lots of things to complain about. I rarely have a complaint when I return-maybe I wear blinders the whole vacation-but I only see & experience magic & fun. Sure there are little things that come up here and there, but nothing I dwell on. Complaints posted here are generally warranted, but when I'm in an excited trip-planning mode, I don't always want to read about Disney's drawbacks. SO...how about a new forum called "Complaints"? Then if you're in the mood to rant or read other people's complaints, you can do just that. Let's leave "Theme Park Attractions & Strategies" just what it's label indicates. Anyone else agree?

I guess that was my "Complaint"!!

:worship: Totally agree. That would be one forum I'd never frequent! :thumbsup2

I think there should be a forum for complaints about all the complaints instead.

This way, all of the rose-colored glasses folks have a place to polish each other's lenses.

Now that is funny!!!!!:rotfl2::rotfl::lmao:

1. No one would post where they should, as they don't do that now. Instead of theme park posts, I find myself weeding through resort questions, trip reports and what have you. So what makes anyone think that adding another forum will help?

2. If it is a theme park complaint, it belongs here. If you are getting psyched up about your trip, do not read that thread, simple as that. Take responsibility for what you read and what you don't. Don't blame others because they have posted a complaint & you don't want to see them, but you open the thread and read it.

3. What you feel as a minor senseless complaint, isn't to other's. We are not all the same. We see things differently.

1. No one would post where they should, as they don't do that now. Instead of theme park posts, I find myself weeding through resort questions, trip reports and what have you. So what makes anyone think that adding another forum will help?

Couldn't agree more.

Dis Unplugged might as well be DISPotpourri - All forums condensed into one and Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies has more news posted than the actual news forum.

This forum is actually called Theme Park attractions and Strategies. And hearing how a line was longer than the posted time (which would be a complaint) or how a certain kiosk was not able to accept credit cards (which is also a complaint) can very well affect how people tour the parks. So both would belong on this forum.

This forum is not called Sunsine and Rainbows Only. Hearing both the good and the bad does affect how people tour the parks.

very well said. On the same lines, hearing how wonderful their room view or how great the pool is at the Y&B Club or how good the food was @ Boma does not belong on this forum ;);)

Could anyone truly plan their strategy well if they didn't know both the good and bad?

Theme Park Attractions and Strategies is where all the action is baby :thumbsup2 !! You gotta take the good with the bad. The majority of us aren't on these boards every day because we like to keep reading the same trivial everyday posts. It's because we know someone will bring up an interesting or controversial subject that we can discuss, debate, and philosophize about with each other. It would get pretty boring here if it was all postive. :bored:
I'm more of a rose colored glasses guy so I don't dig all the complaints about Disney either, but I sure do like discussing both the good and the bad with other Dis'ers!! :surfweb: :hyper2:
p.s. In the process you usually do pick up some good tips/info!!

While I agree that some complaints are helpful in planning, some complaints are just whining. If you don't like dealing with scooters on the bus, then drive to the park. I don't need to see threads devoted to it. Put yourself in their shoes, I'm sure it's no fun for them either. As with anything on DISboards, there are 2 sides to each topic-that's what makes it a fun & enjoyable place for me to bide my time. You all have good points! I try to stay positive. Disney is all hearts & rainbows to me-but that's me. It's my favorite place on earth and gives me a magical feeling inside that lets me leave the world behind when I'm there. I'm a protective mommy to my kids and maybe I get defensive when I see too much bashing here.

Let snot jump on people who have complaints. Disney has a HUGE variety of things going on invovling your trip. from Magic express pickup,hots,tickets,rides etc etc AND its impossible to go through the whole experience without having some complaint...IMPOSSIBLE....people just want to voice opinions and shouldnt feel bad about posting them. Everyone is so sarcastic to them. Well, MY complaint is about those SARCASTIC people who believe that your opinion shouldnt count...thenwhat do they do? THEY COMPLAIN bout those people!!!

Could anyone truly plan their strategy well if they didn't know both the good and bad?

Agree, Agree, Agree.

I was on a trip .. our third I think, and ran into a few resort issues that were really bothersome (huge convention that we knew nothing about that closed the feature pool to resort guests for the week, and mobbed the other services). I was hesitant to post anything about it for fear of being flamed. Which is silly.. because the whole purpose of me posting was to warn others with rapidly approaching trips of issues that might effect their trips! Isn't that the stuff we want to share with one another?
I don't complain for the fun of it.. but I do want people to enjoy their vacation and enter into it armed with the knowledge they need. It isn't always going to be 100% rosey and fun. That's reality.

In my case, I did post and was met with decent and thankful responses. I know it isn't fun to read sensless negativity when you are excited and planning.. but negative threads do have a place:). I'll never understand those who want to spend thousands of dollars but act like you are insulting their grandmother when you share something that may impact their experience.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter