How do you feel about wearing a mask at Disney parks?

How do you feel about wearing a mask while at a Disney Park?

• If wearing a mask means the parks can open sooner, I'll wear one. I just want to be able to go!

• Wearing masks would detract from the Disney experience I love so much! I won't go if I have to mask

Results are only viewable after voting.
Are people going to wear the same mask, day after day, touching it multiple times with "dirty" hands/fingers? Come on ! The research is that the seasonal flu is equitable to what COVID-19 is. I don't go running around with a mask on during flu season, why would I during a trip to a hot/warm environment that is not conducive to the virus living under? Think people !

At this point, while I wouldn't want to; I would be willing to give it a shot if it meant we could make our June trip. I will say that originally I had just thought wearing a mask would be annoying, but not a huge deal. However, this past weekend while grocery shopping it was getting very steamy and I felt very sweaty and gross after just 45 mins. in an air conditioned building, so I can see it being much more of a deal breaker at Disney. Like I said; I'll give most things a shot 1 time, but honestly I expect that if required; after the first time it'd probably be a serious hesitation for us to book again as I'm sure it'll be pretty uncomfortable.

My first thought was that it makes sense. But then I thought about how often a mask would need to be removed or adjusted to drink a water, eat a Mickey bar, taken off in a restaurant to have a meal, and so on, and also how nasty, sweaty and sticky a mask would be at the end of a long Florida day in a park, and I wasn't so sure. There's a big difference between people wearing masks because they choose to do so, and will make an effort to keep them clean, touch them only a minimal amount, and replace them when necessary, and someone reluctantly forced to wear one because it's a park rule, and not taking similar precautions.

I wouldn’t begrudge a Disney policy requiring masks. Our city requires them now and if I went out, I’d wear one without complaint. For Disney though, I would just prefer to wait and go at a time when I can be relaxed and not worrying about the virus. I don’t know if I’d be feeling the Disney bubble if we and everyone around us was masked up. It’s a visible symbol that things are not perfectly safe. So, we will wait...

We have a trip scheduled for June 8-16. We will be going UNLESS masks are required. I can not think of anything more miserable than wearing a face mask in the Florida heat and humidity. I can see Disney requesting guests to wear masks but not requiring it. We would have some masks with us in case we feel that we need to put them on, but walking in the Florida sun is no time to have nose and mouth covered!

I am not a fan of the masks. Especially considering how hot it would be and the lovely tan line it would produce. But I don't think that alone would deter us. But if it was required masks coupled with long lines from social distancing and/or extensive closures, then we would cancel.

I am not a fan of the masks. Especially considering how hot it would be and the lovely tan line it would produce. But I don't think that alone would deter us. But if it was required masks coupled with long lines from social distancing and/or extensive closures, then we would cancel.
Oh man, I hadn't even considered the tan lines!

I'd rather not wear one. But if it's required then fine, I'll wear it so I can be there day one of reopening.

I'm wearing my mask when I leave the house. I will do whatever the governor mandates. In my own backyard, I can enjoy the summer in my pool without wearing a mask. When it is too hot, I can go inside and enjoy the A/C.

We booked a trip to WDW in July 2021 after canceling June 2020. I'm trying to picture what it would be like walking in the parks with a mask on in the HOT HUMID 90 degree Orlando weather. I don't know if I would be able to breathe properly. I already am challenged by having asthma so we avoid going to the parks midday. Adding a mask on top of that, I just don't think I could do it.

So, if there isn't a vaccine by the time we are scheduled to return to WDW, I believe that we will have to cancel our trip again.

I dutifully & miserably wear mine at the grocery store but at Disney World? No way. I bought Disney themed ones from Etsy to make it a nicer experience, but that's for daily life and the flight to get there, not for my happy place itself. My teenage son hasn't even worn his yet: he never goes places where they're required- they make him anxious. His first time will be tomorrow for his dentist's office- he can't avoid that. He's already told me that wouldn't want to go on a vacation where he'd have to wear one, and neither do I. He knows that our July trip might or might not happen due to many factors, one of which is whether or not there is a mask requirement.

Disney will be getting well over $10,000 from me for WDW trips in
July and December, and a cruise in March. That is, IF, there is no mask requirement. If they do require them, I'll just have to save my money and stay home, waiting for a better day. It's a deal-breaker for us.

The complaining i've seen (granted mostly in Facebook Disney groups) about Disney "forcing" people to wear masks says otherwise.
They are referring to potentially being forced to wear them if they want to go to WDW. Not too hard to understand what they mean by that. Everyone already knows that you have to follow park rules or go home. That's why so many on this thread have stated that if masks are required, they won't visit. It's obvious and the posters on this thread don't need to be lectured about that basic, obvious fact the way you did in your prior post.

Last edited:
My first thought was that it makes sense. But then I thought about how often a mask would need to be removed or adjusted to drink a water, eat a Mickey bar, taken off in a restaurant to have a meal, and so on, and also how nasty, sweaty and sticky a mask would be at the end of a long Florida day in a park, and I wasn't so sure. There's a big difference between people wearing masks because they choose to do so, and will make an effort to keep them clean, touch them only a minimal amount, and replace them when necessary, and someone reluctantly forced to wear one because it's a park rule, and not taking similar precautions.
Can you just imagine how nasty and unsanitary those face masks would be after a couple of hours under the Florida sun in the summer. Gross. Just thinking about that makes me sick!

My family had a spring break WDW vacation scheduled for the end of March to celebrate oldest DS's high school graduation. Like so many on the Disboards, our trip was cancelled and we were incredibly bummed. Initially, I couldn't wait to rebook and start planning a rescheduled trip. At the end of March, I weighed out the merits of a June 2020 trip vs an August 2020 trip; but as March turned into April, and now April has turned into May, I'm feeling less and less like rescheduling a WDW trip any time soon.

I have such mixed emotions about it all. Disney is our family's happy place, and we were so looking forward to one last trip before DS goes to college. Now, eight weeks into our state's shelter in place orders, I'm just so worried all the time. About everything. About my family's safety. About hubby's job. About our local, state, and country's economy. About frontline workers. About my extended family. About my kid going (or not going) to college in the fall.

Planning a rescheduled Disney trip would normally be just the thing for my family to focus on during this time of uncertainty and fear, but now I'm not even sure when WDW will re open? I know we don't want to go if we can't have the full experience. We won't go if just resorts and Disney Springs are open; we want to ride rides and experience all the attractions and places to eat. I feel that the full experience is probably a long ways away.

I didn't answer the poll, because I have such mixed feelings about wearing a mask. Fundamentally, I have no problem with it. Right now, it's a requirement in our state to wear one whenever we leave the house and are in enclosed spaces with others. My family and I all gladly wear one whenever we leave the house to keep ourselves and others safe. I live in the midwest, and we normally fly to WDW. I need to feel safe flying to even get to Disney, and I'm not sure when I'll feel safe enough to fly again. Assuming I feel safe enough to fly, I need to feel that WDW is safe too. I wonder, if everyone needs to wear a mask at WDW, is it really safe? I just don't know? :confused3

It's all so hard to know. I guess all any of us can do is wait, watch, and make the best choices we can for ourselves and our families. Peace be with you all, my Dis friends, during this very difficult time. Stay safe and heathy!:love:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter