How do you feel about wearing a mask at Disney parks?

How do you feel about wearing a mask while at a Disney Park?

• If wearing a mask means the parks can open sooner, I'll wear one. I just want to be able to go!

• Wearing masks would detract from the Disney experience I love so much! I won't go if I have to mask

Results are only viewable after voting.
If masks are needed, it isn't really safe to be there in the first place. It isn't really possible to be completely safe at a place like WDW, and even if you had an N95, you're still increasingly the likelihood by quite a bit since you aren't/can't wear it 24/7 and this thing clings to surfaces. So I won't be going. I wear a mask all day at my essential job, though most of my "essential" customers don't both to return the favor. I would not be going out if I didn't have to serve people who feel like violating shelter in place orders all day.

At this point, while I wouldn't want to; I would be willing to give it a shot if it meant we could make our June trip. I will say that originally I had just thought wearing a mask would be annoying, but not a huge deal. However, this past weekend while grocery shopping it was getting very steamy and I felt very sweaty and gross after just 45 mins. in an air conditioned building, so I can see it being much more of a deal breaker at Disney. Like I said; I'll give most things a shot 1 time, but honestly I expect that if required; after the first time it'd probably be a serious hesitation for us to book again as I'm sure it'll be pretty uncomfortable.

My DS9 has year - round allergies and constantly gets post-nasal drop coughs because of the allergies, so has been inside every single day since school closed -I've been really careful with him, only taking DD14 with me if I need any help outside (shopping, etc) Luckily, we have a terrace, so they can get some air -

I've been walking a mile or two every night ( w/ mask- we're in nyc) - last night he asked if he could join me - felt bad, so away we went - yesterday was his first time with the mask on - it fit him fine, but he was so uncomfortable, and it was a nice nite, probably 55- 60 degrees out

I can't even imagine our Disney trips in July wearing a mask - !

Can you just imagine how nasty and unsanitary those face masks would be after a couple of hours under the Florida sun in the summer. Gross. Just thinking about that makes me sick!
And guess what’s going to be laying all over the ground, laying on restaurant tables, hanging on stroller handles, thrown on lounge chairs while you jump in the pool...yuck. It will be like used band aids all over the place. Skeeves me out to find those by pools 😂

I have no issue with using masks in day today life but I’m afraid the heat in Florida would just make it in-doable. And more importantly it will be me and my son who has down syndrome and he is already balking at using masks at all and it will be even more uncomfortable for him in the heat.

Unfortunately that means it may be a long time before we can go again.

And guess what’s going to be laying all over the ground, laying on restaurant tables, hanging on stroller handles, thrown on lounge chairs while you jump in the pool...yuck. It will be like used band aids all over the place. Skeeves me out to find those by pools 😂
Masks and bandaids laying by the pool. There is an awesome visual! Gross.

Just curious - For those who are voting yes, have you worn a mask for an extended period of time while working or in the heat? I'm only asking because I have recently had to start wearing a mask at work and I pour sweat while working in the a/c. I also find it hard to breathe and it fogs up my glasses. While I will continue to wear it at work (because it's the law or whatever), I will not go to Disney in the 100 degree summers with 90% humidity and wear one there.

Good point about it fogging up glasses/sunglasses. The mask in the heat might also lead to more face perspiration, which always makes my sunglasses slide down my nose too.

After wearing the mask to the grocery store the last couple weeks, one thing I noticed is that it dries out my contact lenses. The air I'm exhaling through my nose/mouth is forced up and out the top of my mask, literally into my eyes and is making my contacts feel dry. Just another residual effect I wouldn't have thought about before.

I don’t see how it’s possible it can be enforced! Kids will be pulling them off. Obviously to sit in a rest and eat you can’t wear one...who’s bringing you your food? Me personally, I’ll faint if I have to wear one in August when we go. Common sense tells me you can’t make people wear masks in the summer heat. You’ll have a new set of problems with people like me fainting left and right!

I would not go unless it's really cold and maybe they'd keep our faces warm. Just wearing one inside of the grocery store is hot, so wearing them in 100 degree Florida weather? I think I would pass out and my kids would probably start vomiting from overheating.

I wear a mask every time I go into a store or public building. However, wearing them outside is where I draw the line.

No, I will not go if masks are required. Aside from the issues that others have brought up with eating, drinking, and wearing in the heat, I hate having something covering my face and it would definitely detract from my experience. I can wear one for a short outing to Costco or something like that, but no way am I wearing one at Disney.

I'm curious what percent of the "yes, I'd go to Disney in a mask" voters are day visitors, as opposed to those travelling in for resort stays. I could imagine someone who lives close by and has an AP being willing to drop in for a day and wear a mask. I can less imagine a family driving or flying cross-country to WDW, paying thousands of dollars for a week-long trip, and then being okay with being told to wear a mask every time they step out of their resort room.

I'm curious what percent of the "yes, I'd go to Disney in a mask" voters are day visitors, as opposed to those travelling in for resort stays. I could imagine someone who lives close by and has an AP being willing to drop in for a day and wear a mask. I can less imagine a family driving or flying cross-country to WDW, paying thousands of dollars for a week-long trip, and then being okay with being told to wear a mask every time they step out of their resort room.
We are long distance travelers, and OK with mask wearing if that's what's determined is necessary.

We're from Canada so have a long trip to get there but I still voted that I would wear one if it was mandatory. Of course I'd rather not wear one but if the choice were to wear one and be able to go vs not wearing one and staying home, I'll put on a mask.

We won't be visiting Disney if wearing a mask is required.
I'll preface my comments by saying I'm a microbiologist. Generalized mask wearing is highly unsanitary. It's been promoted with the idea to make you feel "safe." I realize everyone has been bombarded with the media and meme graphics saying that "I wear my mask to protect you and you wear your mask to protect me." Lots of justification saying that doctors and nurses wear masks so that must mean they work. In a healthcare setting, the surgical/medical mask is removed and discarded after only wearing for a short period, with a few exceptions. Healthcare professionals should have the knowledge and training on proper aseptic technique and how to properly wear and dispose of a mask without cross contamination. A recent study measured the viral load of COVID-19 cultured from the outside surface of a cloth mask, which is what a majority of people are wearing. I won't go into the specific details but there is a significant viral particle load found on the surface. Now imagine how many people are touching, adjusting, taking off, laying them down on counter/tables/etc. Now that concentrated viral load is being spread to all surfaces that people touch and the mask touches. Viral load hasn't really been measured yet in people who are asymptomatic carriers but generally the highest viral loads are found in obviously sick people who would otherwise be too ill to go to the parks or out in public. So then you have to question do you want this concentrated viral load found on the outside of masks that people will inevitably spread everywhere?
Just food for thought because I realize only a small portion of the population has actual microbiology knowledge. And, yes, that includes most doctors and nurses who take very few micro/immunology/virology courses while in medical school.

Last edited:
We're from Canada so have a long trip to get there but I still voted that I would wear one if it was mandatory. Of course I'd rather not wear one but if the choice were to wear one and be able to go vs not wearing one and staying home, I'll put on a mask.
Being from Canada, do you have a lot of experience being outdoors all day in 95 degree weather plus high humidity? Imagine being active all day in that while wearing a mask.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter