How do you feel about wearing a mask at Disney parks?

How do you feel about wearing a mask while at a Disney Park?

• If wearing a mask means the parks can open sooner, I'll wear one. I just want to be able to go!

• Wearing masks would detract from the Disney experience I love so much! I won't go if I have to mask

Results are only viewable after voting.
Good point about it fogging up glasses/sunglasses. The mask in the heat might also lead to more face perspiration, which always makes my sunglasses slide down my nose too.

After wearing the mask to the grocery store the last couple weeks, one thing I noticed is that it dries out my contact lenses. The air I'm exhaling through my nose/mouth is forced up and out the top of my mask, literally into my eyes and is making my contacts feel dry. Just another residual effect I wouldn't have thought about before.

Same! First time I went out with a mask I wore contacts and felt like I was in the desert. I already have really dry eyes to begin with. Second time I went out I chose my glasses. They fogged up the entire time.

I'm going to try the tissue across the nose suggestion on my next outing. I hate wearing contacts now that I have a very good pair of glasses.

Being from Canada, do you have a lot of experience being outdoors all day in 95 degree weather plus high humidity? Imagine being active all day in that while wearing a mask.
Really I don't care if it's hot and uncomfortable, we'll just change our touring style if need be. Parks for a couple of hours, then break at the resort...rinse and repeat. Even while in the parks we will have breaks in A/C for rides, stores, etc so it's not a continuous heat. I've worn masks while working hard renovating houses with no air movement and managed just fine. Also where I live it is quite humid (from all the stats I'm finding, more humid than Orlando) so humidity isn't something that bothers us when we go to Disney. Of course we haven't done Disney in masks before, but we're up for it if required.

If I have to wear a mask, I'm not going. Too hot and humid for an all day mask. I also can't imagine having to wear a mask in the pools, water parks, etc.

Ok, so just finished my nightly mile walk - it's currently 48-50 degrees in NYC right now, and I honestly felt like I was suffocating with the mask on - I seriously wonder if Disney could make this mandatory for guests - ( well, I know they can and ppl can choose not to go) I seriously worry about the health ramifications of walking around the parks for even an hour when it's warm (let's say 70-80 for arguments sake)

I detest wearing masks but I hope Disney requires folks to wear them until we have widespread access to a vaccine. Every one of us can be a potential carrier and if we don’t want to stay indoors for the next year, we owe it to each other to protect others from ourselves.

Regarding the masks getting gross, ummm, I take more than one pair of underwear to Disney- why wouldn’t I take multiple masks? We bought several sets of Disney masks. I had already bought some zip up plastic envelopes based on a comment somewhere about security sticking their hands in everybody’s bags. So, an envelope for clean masks and an envelope for dirty ones. Wash in room overnight.

And kids should really practice using them, because almost none of them seem to have any concept of covering their coughs.

We won't be visiting Disney if wearing a mask is required.
I'll preface my comments by saying I'm a microbiologist. Generalized mask wearing is highly unsanitary. It's been promoted with the idea to make you feel "safe." I realize everyone has been bombarded with the media and meme graphics saying that "I wear my mask to protect you and you wear your mask to protect me." Lots of justification saying that doctors and nurses wear masks so that must mean they work. In a healthcare setting, the surgical/medical mask is removed and discarded after only wearing for a short period, with a few exceptions. Healthcare professionals should have the knowledge and training on proper aseptic technique and how to properly wear and dispose of a mask without cross contamination. A recent study measured the viral load of COVID-19 cultured from the outside surface of a cloth mask, which is what a majority of people are wearing. I won't go into the specific details but there is a significant viral particle load found on the surface. Now imagine how many people are touching, adjusting, taking off, laying them down on counter/tables/etc. Now that concentrated viral load is being spread to all surfaces that people touch and the mask touches. Viral load hasn't really been measured yet in people who are asymptomatic carriers but generally the highest viral loads are found in obviously sick people who would otherwise be too ill to go to the parks or out in public. So then you have to question do you want this concentrated viral load found on the outside of masks that people will inevitably spread everywhere?
Just food for thought because I realize only a small portion of the population has actual microbiology knowledge. And, yes, that includes most doctors and nurses who take very few micro/immunology/virology courses while in medical school.

This is probably a dumb question but if you are not wearing a mask, isn't some of that "viral load" that ends up on the "outside surface of a cloth mask" going to end up on your face (and in your eyes, nose mouth) instead? I mean, i get that if you lay your mask on a counter or something that has virus on it, and then put it back on, that particular "viral load" would not have otherwise ended up on your face (unless you put your face on the counter!) but what about the rest of it? Is it all coming from your hands?

We have a trip booked for the last week of September through the first week of October with banked 2019 points. If masks are required, we will try to rent out the reservation or just eat the points. I would rather lose thousands of dollars of points than to have to wear a mask every moment I'm not in my resort room. We've been required to wear mask at my my job for about 2 weeks now and it makes for a miserable day. I spend the majority of my day in an air conditioned office setting but I also have to go out on the operating floor of our facility multiple times per day. The operating floor is not climate controlled and stays 90-100 degrees with high humidity, very similar to a summer day at Disney. It's almost unbearable with the mask. Just a few days after instituting the mask rule, management sent out a memo stating that the mask can be pulled down under your chin while on the operating floor and not close to anyone. There's no way I could have an enjoyable vacation wearing a mask and having to constantly monitor my kids to make sure they are doing it. We go on a Disney vacation to get a break from reality, not to get smacked in the face with it. We would either vacation somewhere it's not required or be happy and mask free at home.

I'm from a Seattle suburb and sometimes overheat in the Florida parks in the summer when we take our trips, even under normal circumstances. (Seattle hits 90 degrees something like three times a year, and has nowhere near the humidity. Also, we hear you folks in other parts of the world see this thing called a.... a sun... I think it is?) I'm normally wiping sweat off my face like a freaking windshield wiper.

I can't imagine trying to attempt a trip, given those circumstances, while wearing a mask also. I'll just wait. :)

Honestly I hate wearing a mask but if I have to, I will do. Just beeing at WDW will be worth it. And maybe the Disney masks will look cute.

We will bank our points and wait to go if masks are required. We go in August and there is no way we’d be comfortable wearing them. Plus if I can’t see the smiles on my kids’ faces, I’d rather wait. We’ll spend August at the beach instead and honestly, that sounds better to me right now than a lesser type experience at WDW.

I'll wear a mask inside places (except restaurants for obvious reason) .. I won't wear one outside .. that just seems silly (and uncomfortable). It will make it hard to talk to your family. Imagine trying to holler at your kid "Come back here!" with a mask on. They DEFINITELY won't hear you. :)

For me, I wouldn't want to go to see all the cast-members in masks. It de-humanizes them (you cant' see their smiles). If guests are wearing them you can't see the smiles on everyone's faces. It also would be a CONSTANT reminder of this nightmare we are going through. That doesn't make WDW an "escape" anymore. It will just be a slap in the face of reality (which is why most of us go -- to escape reality).

Not saying they shouldn't wear masks for a while, just stating my opinion why I don't like it.

Well, right now I'd say we won't go, but...

Masks are required everywhere here in Chicago and will be for quite some time. So if by next May Disney is still requiring masks, I would assume we will be quite used to them by then and would still go.

:)

We are likely cancelling our August trip, as we have yet to buy passes and a honeymoon during a pandemic just is not matching up with what I dreamed my WDW honeymoon would be. But if we do go in some miracle universe, we would wear masks even if only recommended. I say that knowing I would likely feel like I’m going to pass out the entire time while wearing it. But my concern would be for the cast members. I hope they will be wearing masks, as they have no choice in being there. And I would never forgive myself if I was the one to give this horrible thing to someone else. So I probably won’t go, but if we did, my reasoning to wear a mask is not for me, but for those who HAVE to be there. The same reason why I wear one going into the grocery store (well now it’s mandatory in my state), for the workers.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter