How do you put a picture ....

LisaTx said:
Welcome to the DIS FutureBroadwayStar. :D

The picture under you name is called an avatar. To add one, go to your user cp at the top of the page, then click on edit options. Go all of the way to the bottom of the page. Click on the change avatar button and follow the directions.

To add a picture to your signature, follow this link and click on Dan's clipart primer.

If you have any more questions, just shout. :)

Hey lisa. I went to edit options and i dont have any buttons on there that say change avatar.. :earsgirl:

Toni300z said:
Its not working for me neither. I would like to add a custom avatar.
The custom avatar feature is not currently working. This is a result of the recent board changeover. There is no projected date as to when this feature will become available.

marv said:
Marv, you're trying to link to a photo on your own computer's C: drive. You can't do that. You need to put the photo out on a server somewhere and then put a link to that.

Also, please don't do your testing in this forum. You should use the "TEST BOARD" forum for that purpose.

If you need help feel free to ask.

Hi caskvill
Yes i now no that i have to put photos onto web which i now have but ime still having problems with a photo showing in the signiture.
I have asked for help on the tecnical support but maybe a language for the iliterate for computers would be helpful for me :crazy:

I see you have a ticker. You put a photo in the same way. You need the URL address for the photo itself. It will look something like this:

HTTP://ServerName/AccountName/PhotoID.jpg

In almost all cases your photo will be a jpeg photo so the address will end in .jpg

Notice it's the URL for the photo itself, not the web site where the photo is located. To get the URL of the photo, go to the web site which has your photo. Right click on your photo and then click on properties. One of the things you'll see is the address. That's what you want to copy.

Go to edit your signature, and paste the URL address there. Then select the entire address line from HTTP through jpg by clicking and dragging over it to turn the whole thing blue.

Then go to the format controls. You'll see a little yellow looking one with a small mountain scene. Click that. It will put the
tags around your photo. It should then appear in your signature.

Sorry for some of the use of technical terms, but they're all pretty simple really. Just think of URL as being an internet address, jpg as a type of photo format, and stands for image, which is what a photo is.

Post back if you need more help.

Notice it's the URL for the photo itself, not the web site where the photo is located. To get the URL of the photo, go to the web site which has your photo. Right click on your photo and then click on properties. One of the things you'll see is the address. That's what you want to copy.

I have right clicked on photo but it doesn't show properties. I must be doing something wrong

Notice:

A reminder for ALL Users

Please put all your Test Posts on the TEST BOARD

The Technical Support Forum is a place to get help from the Tech Support volunteers.

Thanks

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter