How far in advance and which Vancouver hotel

Has anyone tried to book a rental car (other than the airport) in Vancouver for next year in conjunction with your hotel? Thought we might do some tourist driving when there but several of the chains keep telling me no cars are available next year (except the airport).

We stayed at Delta Vancouver Downtown Suites (Marriot property). It was really nice and we were able to walk to the port. I would stay there again and walking distance to the port is huge!

We went down to the water early and watched her come in. One of my all time favorite things to do!

We also stayed here last summer and thought it was great!! We took public transit everywhere and loved it. Remember that you can buy a transit pass that is good for the entire day! The hotel is two blocks from the train station that took us right to the airport the day we left!

Tip; We rented bikes from https://spokesbicyclerentals.com/ for day! They have all kinds of bikes; even one for my DS8 and they are located 1 block from Stanley Park!

Sorry to your question - I would book either or both hotels you are looking at as long as you don’t have to pay now and then watch the pricing and rebook at lower price if it comes up.

Last edited:
I booked Fairmont Pacific Rim mostly because they offered a great rate 1100.08 USD for 3 nights, can be cancelled, no down payment, and they have queen beds. Those beware who want to book Pan Pacific right now for next year in each room category they have several choices and only one of those can be cancelled with no down payment. You really need to read closely what you’re getting. I’m going to do as others suggest and keep watching the rates. I’m really hoping we are back to cruising next year!

You got a great rate! Keep an eye out if things decrease. The queen beds are another reason I booked this hotel. No down payment is the only way to go nowadays! I hope we are cruising next year too!

We also stayed here last summer and thought it was great!! We took public transit everywhere and loved it. Remember that you can buy a transit pass that is good for the entire day! The hotel is two blocks from the train station that took us right to the airport the day we left!

Tip; We rented bikes from https://spokesbicyclerentals.com/ for day! They have all kinds of bikes; even one for my DS8 and they are located 1 block from Stanley Park!

Sorry to your question - I would book either or both hotels you are looking at as long as you don’t have to pay now and then watch the pricing and rebook at lower price if it comes up.
Just curious how was it on the train with all your luggage? We are country bumpkins lol and my kids have never been on a train (unless the monorail counts) they love that! We are definitely going to do bikes one day thanks!

Just curious how was it on the train with all your luggage? We are country bumpkins lol and my kids have never been on a train (unless the monorail counts) they love that! We are definitely going to do bikes one day thanks!
Yes we did the train with our luggage. (2 suit cases and 3 carry-ones) - it really wasn’t a problem at all. Our flight was in the evening; so we spent the day going to the science centre and left our luggage at the hotel. Bought a day pass for transit and at the end of the day we picked up our luggage and took the train right to the airport. Any of the hotels near the port are near the station to get you to ir from the airport.

Has anyone tried to book a rental car (other than the airport) in Vancouver for next year in conjunction with your hotel? Thought we might do some tourist driving when there but several of the chains keep telling me no cars are available next year (except the airport).

I was able book Avis through Costco for airport pick up and downtown Vancouver drop off. Alamo was not an option yet. The only location was the airport.

We did not rent a car but we looked into their transit system - a lot was put in with 2010 Olympics. We got to all of the attractions we wanted to go to in the 4 days we were there. I believe they also have a Hop on Hop
Off bus that goes to a great deal of the attractions.

We did not rent a car but we looked into their transit system - a lot was put in with 2010 Olympics. We got to all of the attractions we wanted to go to in the 4 days we were there. I believe they also have a Hop on Hop
Off bus that goes to a great deal of the attractions.
Thanks for the CanadaLine pointer! Hopefully once the 'rona goes away, we'll get back to normal but at least we do have the option to get to the airport cheaply.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter