How many pts do you own?

Boy...I have 170 at BWV and trying to convince DH to add-on 50-pts. He doesn't see why we need more:confused3

We just bought 250 SSR points in Dec....already wish we could add some more at AKV...but will have to wait & see how these "spend" for a few years first! I'd love to have 135 at AKV (enough for 7 n in a Savanna studio in the Magic season). Maybe when I win the lottery...:laughing:

We have 325 points with two contracts at SSR. We will be adding another 75 when GCV is available. DW and I will be using points when grandchildren are around so we can experience the "Disney" firsts with them.:thumbsup2

300 SSR and 150 AKV, We just got back from SSR and supposedly an announcement will be made tomorrow, almost 100% sure its the Californian.

I have a total of 375 points.

150 pts at SSR
75 pts at VWL
150 pts at AKV :banana:

I just cannot imagine having over 1000 points. The initial investment would be insane, and the annual dues would be a little steep for me. However.... the idea of spending your winter months in WDW, almost as a second home sounds appealing. For those snowbirds out there, maybe owning so many points is still cheaper than having a second home in Orlando (No utility bills and no worries about maintanence). Does anybody buy points as a second home alternative?

Yes, the dues are scary:eek: but being able to stay without any issues of maintaining(and cleaning) a place on Disney property for basically the rest of my life is nice. We have 12 different contracts so it wasn't all in one shot. We have had 3 feet of snow the last few days and 9 years seems like a lifetime away:sad2: I don't think there are many crazies like my wife and myself. The only thing I will miss is my altitude traing for the Goofy:rotfl:

Yes, the dues are scary:eek: but being able to stay without any issues of maintaining(and cleaning) a place on Disney property for basically the rest of my life is nice. We have 12 different contracts so it wasn't all in one shot. We have had 3 feet of snow the last few days and 9 years seems like a lifetime away:sad2: I don't think there are many crazies like my wife and myself. The only thing I will miss is my altitude traing for the Goofy:rotfl:

You are wrong...there is another crazy couple out here in Ca.:rotfl2: they have I believe a little over 2000 pts and are planning on doing the same thing as you...spending 6 months out of the year at WDW on there pts...maybe you will hook up some day:)

It takes more than 2000 pts to stay at Disney for 6 months, even in a studio. And you would probably end up staying twice during premium season. If your goal is just to use your timeshare as a means of avoiding winter, you could do that more cheaply thru II, by getting their getaway weeks at places like Liki Tikki. Even better, rent a condo by the month, or buy one off eBay!:happytv:

Stayed at 340 points for a long time. But in the last year we've reduced it down to 205. Probably will keep it at 205 unless DVC tempts us with CRV - ;)

Thinking more and more about retirement and wanted to lower those annual dues - so a downsize was in order. Plus, we've got other favorites in Orlando - Marriott Horizons, Marriott Cypress Harbour - so we didn't need quite as many DVC points because we like our Marriott, too (own a timeshare with Marriott also).

550 points - 275 HH, 125 VB, 150 AK. got the call today that the paperwork was there and will close soon for AKV.
dw said that we are through. but we decided that we needed to have a wdw resort for the 11 month window.

Stayed at 340 points for a long time. But in the last year we've reduced it down to 205. Probably will keep it at 205 unless DVC tempts us with CRV - ;)

Thinking more and more about retirement and wanted to lower those annual dues - so a downsize was in order. Plus, we've got other favorites in Orlando - Marriott Horizons, Marriott Cypress Harbour - so we didn't need quite as many DVC points because we like our Marriott, too (own a timeshare with Marriott also).

I am beginning to downsize, too, selling points while I can get all my cash back, and buying Marriott for a fraction of the price. We had 926 pts, and have gone down to 775 pts so far, and purchased an additional week at CypressHarbour. I can access II's getaway weeks for less than the cost of the dues, so I am planning to go that route for Marriott from now on, and eventually I want to get down to about 270 DVC points, thereby lessening my risk in case the point value should tank within the next 10 years. That's what you have to do when you retire.:sad1:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter